Author Topic: dont know if i should post this but....  (Read 9648 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
dont know if i should post this but....
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2006, 10:15:07 AM »
Well it is ABSOLUTELY a great item to send in to the NRA's Armed Citizen column in their American Hunter Magazine.

If anyone has the link, it can be submitted to the NRA and they'll publish it both online at and print it in American Hunter.

Check out this page for submittal if you have a a link.

http://www.nraila.org/ArmedCitizen/Default.aspx

Click here  < armedcitizen@nrahq.org >  to submit a link to a story on the internet of law-abiding Americans using firearms to halt or prevent crime. If you have had a firsthand "Armed Citizen" experience, please call NRA-ILA PR/Communications at 703-267-1193.

Or I guess Iceman could just give NRA a call at that number and tell them the story. It's a great one for sure; he deserves some recognition.

It's not too often you hear of one like this.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2006, 10:16:47 AM »
Originally posted by daddog
Yes please post a news link if you find one. Though maybe where he lives it is a common occurrence. :)

No way this is common! This is incredible! It's almost beyond belief!

Somebody should get a link to NRA.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2006, 10:17:37 AM »
LoL Daddog :lol
I searched some yesterday, but only found a bunch of stuff about a convience store robbery.  without knowing the exact date its hard to find.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2006, 10:20:19 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
No way this is common! This is incredible! It's almost beyond belief!

Somebody should get a link to NRA.

I dont know Toad,  my searchs yesterday turned up a story about a convience store robbery where an armed customer shot the robber, another home invasion where the home owner shot the guy in the legs with a shotgun. and that was just the last 7 days archive for Ft Worth area.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2006, 10:23:05 AM »
It's a major story though; there has to be a link somwhere.

As you point out, a robber getting shotgun pellets in the leg is news. Think how much more newsy a robber getting waxed, another getting critically injured and a shot up homeowner is.

It's out there; we just have to find it. NRA Armed Citizen material all the way.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2006, 10:28:51 AM »
There was also the guy in Tyler, Texas, who shot an intruder who was in the process of breaking the front door down (in November), but it was hardly this event. Maybe the Burleson, Texas PD know something about this?

Charon

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2006, 11:04:03 AM »
All you people looking for the news story - you won't find one!  The news media hates to print stories where guns were used by legal, law-abiding citizens to stop or prevent crime - they want us all to believe that guns are only used for bad things, and that people that have or use guns are also bad or evil. . . .
Now if Iceman had fired at the robbers, and one of his bullets missed and hit a neighbor or soemthing, you can bet your prettythang it would be all over the papers as another example of why all guns should be banned.

Get well soon Iceman - and I'm glad to see that you exercised excellent "gun control"!:aok

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2006, 11:13:48 AM »
All you people looking for the news story - you won't find one! The news media hates to print stories where guns were used by legal, law-abiding citizens to stop or prevent crime - they want us all to believe that guns are only used for bad things, and that people that have or use guns are also bad or evil. . . .

Not true at all. I live in a battleground state on the 2nd, where even the "conservative" press is anti 2nd, yet the coverage is always there. I know, because every time such a shooting happens I check the coverege in the two major print, one minor print and 4 broadcast outlets to see what the tone of the coverage was. Then I write my letters to the editor or producers to outline any myths or factual errors that were presented regarding firearms for self defense. The coverage is often unfavorable -- but it is always there. Man bites dog -- or more accurately -- homeowner shoots criminal -- is always big news, far more so than ganglang killing number 205. As noted you can find similar events that have been clearly covered in the DFW area.

It's odd there is nothing popping up, but odder things have happened so it would be nice to have some more details to go on with this.

Charon

Offline Apeking

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2006, 01:29:41 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
in the UK he would have got done for murder and attempted murder for protecting himself.

My thought exactly. He'd get a mandatory five-year sentence for owning a pistol; and the police would want to know why his firearm was not unloaded and locked in a secure cabinet in one of the remaining half-dozen or so shooting clubs that still exist in England. The issue of personal or home defence does not feature in the news media in the UK. It is a non-issue. The newspapers treat crime as if it was an unpreventable natural phenomenon, like hurricanes or meteorite strikes. The only solutions presented to us are long-term social engineering projects that are unimplementable, immeasurable, and unquantifiable.

The newspaper headline would be "Former Soldier Kills Two", with the subheadlines "brags on internet", "violent internet games", and "traumatised". The story would mention that the man's pistol was just like the pistol used by Thomas Hamilton, even if it was not. The story would continue by saying that he was a former serviceman who had retreated into the violent fantasy world of online video games, where he bragged of "kills" and liked to call himself "Iceman". He would be painted as a monster.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: dont know if i should post this but....
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2006, 01:40:41 PM »
Originally posted by betty
ok guys...i dont know if i should post this or not but......

i recieved a myspace comment from iceman24 this morning, i noticed he hasnt' been on in awhile but ppl just need breaks and that was what i assumed happened....

in this myspace comment i recieved, iceman said that his house got broken into while him and his gf were sleepin, he had grabbed his gun and had shot both the guys that were rummaging thru his belongings, but one had also got 5 shots at him striking him twice in the shoulder, 1 time in the bicep and 2 times in the stomach. one of the idiots that broke into his house died and the other is in critical condition. ice is currently doin ok, recovering from this event that could have taken his life, he is ok and has to have surgery. i know that as a community, iceman is a good friend to us and i just thought i would let yall know. if yall would like to read the comment he posted and read it in his own words, go to http://www.myspace.com/spoiledbrat48625

iceman, dont know if u check the bbs, but i hope that you get well soon, my thoughts and prayers r with u. i posted this to let you know that we all care bout u and cant wait to see u in the virtual skies again. take care, keep in touch <>

JESUS CHRIST DUDE !

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2006, 02:58:55 PM »
"..it would be nice to have some more details to go on with this. "

Truly.

However I see that Iceman24 is logged onto the webboard right now so perhaps he's preparing a post on it!

Westy

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2006, 03:06:34 PM »
Originally posted by Westy
[BHowever I see that Iceman24 is logged onto the webboard right now so perhaps he's preparing a post on it!
Westy [/B]

Yep,  come on slacker, details please...and how are ya?

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2006, 06:00:28 PM »
His friend has his laptop, and contacted us through the squad mailer...Could also have been who you saw.  

Iceman is going to be ok, but it sounds like his shoulder is going to take some work to fix.  From what I understand he's been allowed home on and off, but going back in for another surgery on his shoulder tomarrow.

I'll send a link to this thread so he can find it.  Im sure he'll appriciate the words of support.

Offline RTO

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2006, 06:30:34 PM »
Iceman sry u and ur gf had to go thru that experience.  I'd thought living around all those cops etc.... u'd be a bit more secure,  goes to show just how brash thugs can be.  Hope for a speedy recovery for u.  

sad to see no post from HT or staff wishing u get well.  hmmm.

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2006, 06:57:55 PM »
wtg Ice Get well m8..

frickn .45 needs to be perked way over modeled :D
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.