Author Topic: Thank you Santa...  (Read 691 times)

Offline Tapper

• Zinc Member
Thank you Santa...
« on: December 13, 2006, 06:12:47 PM »

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 05:02:40 AM »
Did you get one of those?  Let us know how it works.  It seems like AH might actually benefit from one of those.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Tapper

• Zinc Member
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 09:36:04 AM »
I don’t expect to see any eye watering results from the card but I do hope to see a smoothing effect in the game play. And if I get a few more FPS’s all the better.
As soon as I get the KillerNIC  delivered, installed, and running I’ll post  my impressions of it to you.

tap

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 10:31:38 AM »
I just finally got broadband this week after years of fighting with the cable co to run lines down my road . I read a ton of reviews on this nic to see if it was worth the money over my nforce4 gigabit nic . From the numbers ive seen fps may increase 1-3 fps on some games , on others they are even or at sometimes worse . Ping times are generally the same or 1-2ms better . The biggest advantage was in World of Warcraft and fear , were ping was better by 10-15 ms . FPS were basically the same in those two games.

Good review .

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,2037155,00.asp

Good luck with your new nic , HOPEFULLY it will give you a better gaming experience . Please le us know how it works !

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 03:09:24 AM »
I thought about maybe getting one of these cards sometime, but now I'll never get one.  killer nic is running an ad on hardocp...  It basically says if you think torturing and killing animals is fun, you're the kind of person who should own one of those nics.

That's not me and I don't want to be associated with people who do think it's fun to torture and kill animals.  I guess that means hardocp and killer nic are out.

Offline Tapper

• Zinc Member
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 05:53:26 AM »
I have to agree about that ad on their sight. I hadn’t noticed it before. It’s disgusting.

tap

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 05:55:55 AM »
I asked the hardocp site owner about it... He sent me a link to a barbie site, said it might be more my speed :)

I figure I'll just quit reading [H]... too bad, it's a nice site.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 08:27:17 AM »
I don't want to go political correct crap here but I have to agree with you on this Eagl. Common Sense would dictate that some fool like the owner of that site would think running an ad like that would be detrimental to his site. However it goes even further than that with the company that did the ad and then the manufacturer approving the ad needing to use some Common Sense.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 12:25:49 PM »
I agree.  The owner of hardocp doesn't exactly like being told what to do with his site especially involving a revenue stream for a free site, so I just deleted the hardocp link from my shortcuts.  It's too bad because their site has the best review system around in my opinion, but it comes down to this:

I do not want to be associated in any way with people who think torturing and killing small animals is cool.

Based on the ad's portrayal of killing seagulls in an extremely painful fashion, that means killer nic and hardocp.  "Think torturing animals is cool?  Then visit hardocp and buy a killer nic!"

Sick.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 06:21:33 PM »
Ok, where is the link to this ad that seems to have all your panties in a bunch?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 08:41:55 PM »
If I tell you, you'll visit the site and add more traffic, maybe even become a reader and buy one of those $250 ethernet cards :)

Besides, I'm not wearing panties you stud.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 09:24:02 PM »
now what they dont tell you is your still limited by your upload speed set by ur isp .... Hoowwwwwwwl    oops I mean Baaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaa !
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 07:46:05 PM »
Originally posted by eagl
If I tell you, you'll visit the site and add more traffic, maybe even become a reader and buy one of those $250 ethernet cards :)

Besides, I'm not wearing panties you stud.

LMAO

Been to the hardocp site if thats where its s'possed to be at.
Didnt see it there
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2006, 07:00:01 AM »
Yea it's at hardocp...  It's the ad in the center of the page about 2 news articles from the top.  It cycles through with club-it ads so it won't be there every time.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Thank you Santa...
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 10:04:06 AM »
Gimmick.