Author Topic: Fighters  (Read 646 times)

Offline migeater

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/elemental_sk8r_kid/
Fighters
« on: December 13, 2006, 09:19:15 PM »
What fighter(s) is the most manueverable out of all the ones in the game. By maneuverable I mean the fighter that when flying you can easily shake a bogey. I like the Hawker Hurricane 11c, to me it was like flying an RV-8 with cannons. But if i could a majority to agree on one  aircraft it would help me alot. Thank you

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Fighters
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 09:31:17 PM »
D3A

Offline DEMONSLAYER

• Copper Member
Fighters
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 09:35:23 PM »
d3a ain't no fighter grab an a6m2 or hurry 1 those are the most maneuverable.

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
Fighters
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 09:48:37 PM »
lol Demon quit lieing u know the 190d9 is the best turn fighter ever
LOL ya the A6M-2 and A6M-5B and Hurri1 are all the top three turning fighters:aok
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
Fighters
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 09:52:54 PM »
D3A turns with the best of them
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline DEMONSLAYER

• Copper Member
Fighters
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 09:54:21 PM »
ya but d3a is the easiest to kill and ammo sucks. he said best fighter. not attack plane.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
define "manuverable"....
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 09:58:39 PM »
try and roll a A6M at 300 or even pull out of a dive in a ki-84 at 400. Yes a Hurricane is "manuverable" but basically its a flying target. You need to balance speed, roll and turnrate and control surface authority at various speeds....

American planes (weather modeled "correctly" or not) are easily the most dominant overall out of the WW2 plane set. Personally the 109K is the most lethal....but not the most versital. You watch Greebo or Wadke in an F6F, Blue kitty or Balsy in a F4U, Paws or murdr in a P-38 or Yucca/Nomde in a P-47 and you realize the enourmous potential in all the mid/late war american iron. You take it one step further and realize "we" never even bothered to field the most dominant piston engine fighter ever produced....this gives you an idea about just how dominant the planes were....yes #'s counted and every nation had good planes and good pilots....

Trust me, if your in a hurricane or a zeke....your a target not a fighter in anything other then a dueling enviorment.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
Fighters
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 07:18:27 AM »
I like  the F6F, It can handle itself in pretty much all areas...too bad I can't.
Lagger

Offline 1895

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
      • http://raf315.org
Re: Fighters
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 07:26:55 AM »
Originally posted by migeater
What fighter(s) is the most manueverable out of all the ones in the game. By maneuverable I mean the fighter that when flying you can easily shake a bogey.

No demon he actually said that.

D3A eats the hurris and zekes alive turn wise.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: define "manuverable"....
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 07:59:34 AM »
Originally posted by humble

Trust me, if your in a hurricane or a zeke....your a target not a fighter in anything other then a dueling enviorment.

May I humbly disagree here?

Yes you are slow. And yes, if the other guy is flying smart, you have no way of dictating the fight. But that doesnt mean you are a helpless target.... you just got to use your own maneuverability for yourself and your opponents speed against him.

All in all, id say the a6m2 is the slightly better performer maneuverability wise to the HMk1. Also, the guns are a big plus, as youre not as limited to tracking shots and convergence.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
Fighters
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 08:11:56 AM »
The a6m-2 is unreal in how well it turns, but if you fight it correctly(if you have a faster more powerfull plane like a hellcat) you will win most of the time...(at least that's what the history channel told me.)
Lagger

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Fighters
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 08:19:38 AM »
Schatzi,

Without question your not "helpless". The Fins did remarkably well with the F2A and the russian ace Stananov(?) used to fly an I-16 over german bases as late as 1942 taunting germans to come up and dogfight him. The pilot will always be the biggest part of the equation in any encounter.

All that being said a slow plane like the Hurricane or Zeke is simply a target unable to dictate "terms" {without a significant alt advantage}. My "awakening" on this subject came back when I was a trainer. At that time the "old" spitV ruled the roost. I've never been an uber dueler, but all in all I'm pretty good and was spending alot of time with Leviathan and Nash in the TA. THe big argument was the 109F vs the spitV. A pretty big thread evolved and I ended up "dueling" the 109 ace....of course it wasnt really a duel since he spiral climbed me and proceeded to pcik at me for a good 20 minutes. During thst time he hit me 4 or 5 times but didnt manage any damage except a flap....I got lucky and 1 timed him and popped his engine.....but he made his point. Even though I "won" the fight......he won the arguement. More recently a bunch of us were fighting 4 on 4's in the DA flying various matchups. The 109E beat the spit1 going both ways rather easily....which greatly suprised me.

No question the Fm-2 is probably the "secret weapon" in the MA.....but its no coincidence in my mind that almost every one of the "aces" in the MA thread flys a plane mentioned above (yes there are exceptions).

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Fighters
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 08:25:18 AM »
IMO the Hurricane IIC and the FM2 are the best (and most fun) of the turners for fighting, killing and living in.

The A6M's are just too lightweight.

I personally have a fetish for the N1K.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Fighters
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 08:44:25 AM »
Originally posted by DEMONSLAYER
ya but d3a is the easiest to kill and ammo sucks. he said best fighter. not attack plane.

If it can knock down a flight of Lancs and make it home, its a fighter. :rolleyes:
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fighters
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 08:45:03 AM »
Originally posted by migeater
What fighter(s) is the most manueverable out of all the ones in the game. By maneuverable I mean the fighter that when flying you can easily shake a bogey.  

As others have posted, the A6M2 and the Hurri I, in that order, are the two most manueverable figthters in the game according to your definition.  They may not always be the best planes to fly, for the reasons other people have posted.

- Oldman (they're probably two of the three most fun planes to fly, though)