Author Topic: CH F-16 Combatstick, USB woes  (Read 593 times)

Lignite

CH F-16 Combatstick, USB woes
« on: September 05, 2000, 10:30:00 PM »
grrr, sorry to bug you guys, but my new stick isn't recognized by the game.  It shows (in select joystick menu) as a HID-compliant controller and the Mouse.  No input from stick is recieved by game (either axis or buttons).  Did a few searchs, unable to locate correct help.  Tried the Win98 refresh in Game controlers program, no luck.  

Note, the stick worked prior to the latest patch install (about a month ago?) and continues to work normally for all other apps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2000, 03:33:00 PM »
Try this , install or reinstall Direct 7.0a . Worked for my USB pedals .

cheers spro
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Lignite

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2000, 04:23:00 PM »
Sorry Airspro, no luck.  Thanks for thesuggestion though,  I appear to be running DX 7.0  (unsure about a? number is 4.07.00.something something).  DX diagnostic shows CH combatstick functioning normally.  

Also tried a reinstall of AH, USB stick did not work with any previous versions, hi or low res.  Its very possible my memory is goofy, as this is a fairly new stick, possibly it has never worked with AH (old stick was non-usb, it definitely worked).   Whew, sorry so windy, no solution yet.

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2000, 03:19:00 AM »
Do you by any chance have a VIA chipset on your motherboard? if so this may be your problem...

Check www.usbman.com  and search for VIA

Cheers

------------------
!!! Heater !!!

Shit Happens All The Time

"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it's done."

[This message has been edited by Heater (edited 09-07-2000).]
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2000, 02:05:00 PM »
The a version is a upgrade from 7.0 . U should put it on if you don't have it . If you don't know about it , most likly u don't have it either . My USB pedals worked just fine in game controlers too but not AH till I installed it . gl in any case ,

cheers spro

Lignite

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2000, 09:28:00 PM »
Oh my, the VIA chipset appears to be slightly over my head.  I cannot figure out if I have it or not.  The computer is a Micron pII 450, I believe a 440bx motherboard chipset (late 98, purchased).  I will continue to try and figure this one out

rgr on that Airspro, I will figure out which DX version I have, and snatch up that a version if necessary, Thanks fellas! no solution yet, but still working!

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2000, 08:11:00 AM »
With that machine, you don't have to worry about having a VIA chipset.  You likely do have an intel BX chipset as you mention, so that is not the problem.

However, you absolutely should install the latest version of DX 7.0a.  Grab it off the net, or install it from a game mag CD or from a recently published game.  Even if you think you've got the right version... do it again just to be sure.  

Hopefully DX8 will be out soon and maybe it will improve some of these issues.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"My P-47 is a pretty good ship, she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip.
Just thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip, always got me through so far."
 - Steve Earl

Lignite

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2000, 08:53:00 AM »
Excellent Lephturn, thank you very much.  I will concentrate on fixing up that nasty DX problem.

Lignite

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2000, 10:33:00 AM »
Problem Solved!

Thank you very much gentlemen, you were right on the money Airspro, it was DX7 on my system, the new DX7a version off the microsoft site fixed things right up.  Thanks for pounding that into my thick skull (you'd think Shogun might ship with the latest DX drivers doh! back to flight sims for me   )

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2000, 02:52:00 PM »
rgr that , miko2d helped me "solve" my problem . gl to ya ,

cheers spro