Author Topic: What should you expect from someone who you help?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
What should you expect from someone who you help?
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2006, 09:54:47 AM »
I expect nothing but i hope the other guy makes it rtb alive and lands his kills, THAT is the intention when i go in to help.

If the other guy kills the three bogies, helps me kill them or gets out and home doesnt matter to me... i help so he has the chance to rtb.

So if he gets home and lands and the 3 guys tear me up and i die, that is what i expect and hope for.... well, of course i hope killing them but i perfectly know that most probably i will die, since i am one lousy pilot.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2006, 10:11:56 AM »
38's are big.... yall can hide behind me.......
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »
All I ever hope for is a "Thanks Stampf, Good job man."  Anything more is just bonus.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Bonus
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2007, 12:38:16 PM »
Example of the "Bonus" factor:

Spotted a low fight last night and rolled in to see a friendly taking on three bish in one of the valleys between two of the high mountain ranges on the current Late war map.  As I engaged the FM2 the friendly (Razor) informed he was sorry but he was wounded and woudln't be much help.

I cut the FM2 in half.

Over shot the Typhie but managed a slow roll over him and re-aquired and relieved him of his wings.

The Mustang, I managed a nice side angle shot on fuselage which led to his fiery demise in the trees.

Razor to Stampf, "Nice freaking job Stampf!"

Looking up I saw multiple contacts approaching from Bish area.

Stampf to Razor, "Let's get the heck outa here."  "Yeah"

Razor was 3.5 ahead of me as we turned for the nearest Knight barn.  Looking back I knew we wouldn't make it. Stampf to Razor, "Bandits are closing fast."  Razor, "Copy, vis."

Now I'm thinking we're buttered as the 3 Typhies and 1 Mustang closed like rockets on my wepped out ole 190.  Stampf to Razor.  "Go ahead bro, they're closing fast, I have to break and fight, Good luck sir."  Knowing I wouldn't be landing my kills for the squad this time, I pulled up hard and banked my Focke Wulf into the fight again.  I didn't last long and ended up riding my bird down into the mud.  Back at the tower I was smiling to myself about the fight, and my selfless sacrifice of cyber life.  Looked at the country buffer:

Razor: Stampf...Great flying.
Stampf: U2 Razor.
Razor: Sorry. I was pilot wounded. You really saved my arse.
Stampf: No prob sir. Great Fight.
Razor: Thanks again.

Smiling I grouped up with my buds and went out for more...
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2007, 01:01:36 PM »
Originally posted by daddog
You can expect nothing in return, but if he/she does stay and help, you most likely made a new friend. :)

Could not have been better said.

Obviously Dad is having fun with the game because of his perspective.

DaddyO :)