Author Topic: F4u's and RV Windshield  (Read 403 times)

Offline Vector64

• Zinc Member
F4u's and RV Windshield
« on: December 18, 2006, 11:41:56 AM »
Yeah i just got that new patch and well I cant see out of my windsheilds when I fly and modles of te F4u's or the RV, so far those are the only types of planes I have found with this problem. But the windshield looks like a sheet of metal which ask you probly would guess i cant see through, why is that?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
F4u's and RV Windshield
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 05:56:34 PM »
Both of these planes have been out for a while and I'd assume if others had this problem it would have been posted and fixed by now.
I think it has more to do with your computer and settings because of that.
I'd try a complete reinstall of the game and see if that fixes it. It could also be video card or video driver related I suppose. Which do you have and use?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Apeking

• Copper Member
F4u's and RV Windshield
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 02:28:24 PM »
"But the windshield looks like a sheet of metal"

The RV8 has a noticeably more detailed windscreen glass texture than the older planes; perhaps it isn't loading, or you have run out of texture memory. Does the problem resolve itself if you sit and wait for a minute or so?

Offline Vector64

• Zinc Member
F4u's and RV Windshield
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 03:27:51 PM »
Nope....:cry

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
F4u's and RV Windshield
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 12:52:55 PM »
RV8 windshield is very tinted. Is natural to look much darker looking out, but by "sheet of metal" would I be correct in assuming you can not see out of it, or it is just dark and hard to see through?
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline Apeking

• Copper Member
F4u's and RV Windshield
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 03:51:23 PM »
My guess is that Aces High, or the graphics card, isn't loading the windscreen texture properly, or can't deal with the transparency information, or something along those lines, and is displaying the windscreen as a solid polygon. The older aircraft models have untextured windscreens that look like empty holes, whereas the RV8's windsreen has reflections, and it reacts to the sunlight (it looks a bit like the windscreen from Falcon 4.0).

Perhaps Hitech are modelling the windscreens to a different standard than before, which would impact the RV8, the new Corsairs, and subsequent models. Presumably the gentleman doesn't have a problem with the C-model Corsair, which is unchanged from before.

Offline Vector64

• Zinc Member
F4u's and RV Windshield
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 02:25:21 AM »
NVM i got a new computer for xmas so its all good