Author Topic: worst food that you have ever eaten  (Read 1610 times)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
worst food that you have ever eaten
« on: December 18, 2006, 07:08:52 PM »
once upon a time i was having thanksgiving dinner with the lovely mrs. 88's family.  in this case it was at her great grandfathers house and i was quite happy to have the opportunity to break bread with such old timers and important members of her family.  (some have since departed)

the fare was traditional southern cooking with lots and lots of fried foods (including a deep fried turkey which was delicious) and casseroles and okra (which is the second worst food in the world) along with  various types of local bean dishes.  nothing too unusual of out out of the box for a thanksgiving dinner.  (having grown up in nebraska)

well, having filled myself full of the other goodness (aside from the okra dishes ...okra is slimy and absolutely disgusting) i came to the point where it was time to ask myself if i wanted to imbibe one of the delectable looking desserts that they had layed out on the dessert table before me.

cakes, pies, various types of jello w/ fruit molds...and there it was...sliced, cleaned, golden pears with a hefty dollop of what appeared to be a custard of some sort placed in the bowl carved out in the center of the halves where the seeds had once been.

i love pears so i took one and brought it back to the long table with me and asked mrs. 88 if i she would like a bite before i tried it.

"no.  i am too full, go ahead..."

so i did.

it was'nt custard it was mayonaise.

so there i was...a mouth full of pear and mayonaise nearly about to relieve my body of the fried foods and the okra and the various regional bean dishes when her great grandmother asks..."how do you like the pears?  i made them myself."

few lies have escaped my lips that were as difficult to conjure up as that one was...i still have nightmares about it to this day.

(and then there was that time with the chocolate covered beets that an ex girlfriends mother gave me for xmas as revenge for not eating her borscht....ew)

the topic is the worst food that you have ever eaten.  whats yours?
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 07:14:36 PM »
First of all, you are crazy. Mayo in the center is exactly how you are supposed to serve pear halves. Yummy!

The world's worst food is, without a doubt, scrapple.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline ByeBye

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 07:15:49 PM »
Mine happened just about 35 minutes ago. I got a fresh beer out of the fridge and went out the back door with my dog. I put the can down an dplayed with the dog.

I then brought the can inside and placed it on the window seal as I went outside to look at my motorcycle.

I came back inside, grapped the beer and took a mouthful. What ever was in that can tasted like piss mixed with sulfer. I ran to the kitchen sink and spit up this crap. I poured the beer into the sink, and some dead flys came out of the can along with the "beer"

When I was out back, I grabbed and old beer can that on the BBQ. I through up and still can't get that tatse out of my mouth.

Does that count?

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 07:25:28 PM »
LOL, that was YOUR beer I just pissed in?

You should shut your window.

Offline ByeBye

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 07:44:52 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
LOL, that was YOUR beer I just pissed in?

You should shut your window.

LOl, I'm not even kidding. I wish I were. The beer that I thought I brought outside the first time was actually in the kitchen the whole time. I still have this rancid taste in my mouth.

I didn't throw up until I poured the crap out and saw the flys in it. Just nasty.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 07:48:01 PM »
Humus-to-go is probably the worst ever, but okra ranks up there.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 07:50:34 PM »
The world's worst food is, without a doubt, scrapple.

HERETIC!

I hate with a passion, runny eggs.  Scrambled, fried... Doesn't matter, that stuff needs to be cooked through.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 07:51:02 PM »
So you thought the beer on the sill was new, but it was really old and you put the new beer next to it or something?

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 07:56:19 PM »
Actually, the worst thing I ever ate was a drink as well.  I was late for a Monday A.M. staff meeting but needed a cup of coffee.  I stopped in the lounge and grabbed a cup.  I was in a hurry and took a good swig before checking it out.  No one had made coffee that morning.  The stuff I drank had been on all weekend and was burnt and dark.  Eight hours later I still had the taste in my mouth.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 07:56:30 PM »
Nuke, that's no so much "worst food you have ever eaten" so much as it is "handsomehunk not paying attention move of the year" award candidate.

:aok

Mine would be about 15 years ago I was dating a girl and we went and visited her grandparents.  The next morning the grandmother made breakfast and I was really looking forward to it.  What it was was scrambled eggs cooked to the point of having no moisture, bacon burnt beyond belief, toast with no butter, and.....tang.

Was like eating cardboard and washing it down with liquid Tide detergent.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 07:58:05 PM »

Don't ask.......
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 08:01:47 PM »
MMMMMM haggis....(I think I just puked a lil in my mouth...)
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 08:02:13 PM »
A green eggs and ham MRE.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 08:15:19 PM »
And while we're on the subject; why do you damn yankee's feel the need to ruin perfectly good food by putting ketchup on it?  French fries I get.  Ketchup on eggs or on macaroni and cheese?  No effin' way.

Offline ByeBye

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 08:23:14 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
So you thought the beer on the sill was new, but it was really old and you put the new beer next to it or something?

I didn't explain it very well, then my connect freaked out and I couldn't edit my post.

I got a new beer, went out back and put it down to play with the dog. I placed it on the BBQ ( I thought).

Then I grabbed what I thought was the same beer..... but it was an old one ith god-knows what, plus flys inside of it. That is the can I brought inside and placed on the window seal (sill, hehe) and drank.

The actual fresh beer was never on the BBQ. It was on a table out back.

Getting old sucks.