Author Topic: DirectX 8.1  (Read 447 times)

Offline MrKil

• Zinc Member
DirectX 8.1
« on: November 27, 2001, 09:33:00 PM »
I upgraded to DirectX 8.1 and now when I quit game I get an error message saying that Aces High caused an invalid Page Fault in module GDI32.dll. To get the game to work again right I have to reboot.

Their are also times when I Crash to Desktop and get the same error message. Reboot only cure.

I try to use any other directX app, they do not work right untill I reboot after I get error. If I use the same app before Aces High I do not get the problem so that tells me Aces high is the only app that causes the problem.

Is any one else having this problem ?. What is the fix ?

My System specs.

AMD Athlon 1.4Ghz
512 Meg PC133 Mem
ASUS A7V133 Mother Board
ASUS V7100 Vid Card with 32 meg
Via KT133A chipset

MrKil

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: MrKil ]

Offline PapaFox

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.barnstormer1.com
DirectX 8.1
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2001, 11:35:00 AM »
Mr. Kill,

I have seen two computers with error messages appearing when AH is shut down, and only a reboot will solve the problem. Both use Athlon chips.

On the first, I discovered the problem popped up when I changed the video driver. I uninstalled Aces High, reinstalled it, and the problem went away. An uninstall and reinstall is worth a try if you have changed DirectX or a video driver.

On the second machine, I tried all of these fixes, and it still hasn't fixed the problem. That machine has some type of Athlon MB and chip, but I cannot be specific.

Offline MrKil

• Zinc Member
DirectX 8.1
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
Thanks fopr the reply PapaFox. The only change I made was the DirectX upgrade. The video drivers ad everything else is the same.

I was considering uninstalling and reinstalling Aces High like you suggested. I will do that and let you know what happens <S>

MrKil

Offline MrKil

• Zinc Member
DirectX 8.1
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2001, 01:41:00 PM »
Nope reinstalling AH and DirectX did not work. The new patch did not fix problem either.

Offline MrKil

• Zinc Member
DirectX 8.1
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2001, 11:50:00 PM »
Well it was not Aces High doing it it was Roger Wilco. When it is set to autostart with AH.

Just Manual Start it <S>