Author Topic: W2K trying to take off...  (Read 363 times)

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
W2K trying to take off...
« on: November 28, 2001, 03:58:00 AM »
Everything running smoothly in my W2K system...

AH works just fine in 1024x768, 2FSAA (average 35 fps on a first brief offline check), I'm able to go online...

Only the friggin' SGE (Saitek Gaming Extensions) refuse to recognize my X36 USB. I tried and tried, first following instructions (first drivers, then SGE), after that failed, I tried everything...drivers alone, SGE alone, SGE and then drivers, etc....every single time SGE would put the dunnowhat action pad as device, instead of X36. So no ability to configure the thing. The bad news is that I have a worn POV hat, and I have no way to switch POV to the secondary hat except by using SGE.

Any clue on this?

Thanks in advance.

Grounded_Pepe   ;)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2001, 04:20:00 AM »
hahem ...

You will hate me ...

Really ...

SGE don't work under W2k  :(

There is a beta driver wich allow the stick to work under W2K ... but your POV hat will be limited to 4way hat as the 8 way is a SGE trick  :(

Sorry pepe cannot help more  :(

have a look to :
Saitek Help

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2001, 05:21:00 AM »
Hehehe, I only hate you behind your Typhoon's controls   ;)

Bad news indeed....

I have both joy and throttle recognized. Only SGE not working. I'm gonna toy a little bit with Windows Register...you know, it's been more than 36 hours without my dayly dose of "a:/Format C:"   :D

If I get to any non-catastrophic results, I will post them. If I get to a useful one, you will have a complimetary license   ;)

Thks,

Pepe