Author Topic: Your Dweebiest Moment  (Read 2437 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2006, 06:49:51 PM »
actually the one that gets the award comes from the 2nd round of the KOTH-TOC recently held......

BluKitty wins the first round and has chosen the Big Blue F4U-4.......I'm thinking excellent I might have a good chance of winning this round, so into the skies we climb, battle 1, victorious, engage in battle #2 - victorious, battle #3 victorious, thinking yeah babie I got this round, battle #4 -bamm victorious - fuzeman comes over the intercom - 2 left, heck yeah I am one of the 2, I am flying toward the low dot I see in the SW corner, I got dot visual he is low, I am near 5.5k alt, I got this one yeah babie, so I start a shallow dive to gain some E,  knowing full well I will rope this person and be victorious, dangit I got con range.....it is no other than BluKitty...doesn't matter I have the "E" on em, and I going to wear em down.so I drop just below 3k Alt, and start my  merge/immel then oops I am faster than I had thought----6K alt Cap is approaching fast, 5.3k/5.5k/5.7k/ I pulling hard and at 5.9k-6.0  I am inverted but cross it up and snaproll into a spin.hearing plink-plink-boom ............and I truly felt like a Dweeb that night.......as Blu acknowledged later that I really screwed that one up bigtime......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline mrshiver

• Zinc Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2006, 11:15:50 AM »
I've done the lawn dart bit more times than I care to remember.

Not to mention chasing a dot on my monitor.

My dwebiest moment was rtbing to a base that had just been captured. The worst part was I saw the announcement in the text buffer not five mins earlier. And as I'm coming in to land I'm looking around for the con on my six that all the ack is obviously firing at. That is until it starts tearing me to pieces, and the realization sinks in. Hey! This isn't my base anymnore.
Flying as shiverx

Offline Mako15

• Copper Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/mako12
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2006, 12:29:44 AM »
How about HO'ing HiTech's sleigh in a spit14 with 4 kids watching over my shoulder screaming, "SHOOT HIM UNCLE MAKIE!!!!!!"

Or being at 8k in a tempest, seeing a high Ta152 diving, pull up and ho, we both explode.

Or upping 262's in Fightertown, back when we had that...fun stuff...

ohhh...one more...

Upping a flight of b17s at TT, dropping all the bombs on the runway, then cruising around at 20k killing folks who come up to get the "Dam TT VH killer!" AKA the Gunship Strategy

hehe
<>