Author Topic: LA7 Ufo?  (Read 3052 times)

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
LA7 Ufo?
« on: December 27, 2006, 02:27:22 PM »
Before everyone tells me that this has been discussed before, and I'm sure it has, I couldn't search for it because "LA7" is under the minimum search length. Like "P51" "F4U" etc etc.

If anyone can just summarize what I missed from the past, and remind me of the reason that I'm doubtless completely wrong, and forgive me for bringing up what is probably an old subject, I'll appreciate it and maybe this will be a very short thread.

1. I understand that HiTech is a great guy that has nothing but everyone's ability to reach nirvana at heart.
2. I understand that all plane stats are researched diligently and that no error could possibly have been allowed to stand.
3. I understand that most of you experts have long since dealt with this and don't need any changes.
4. I know that speed isn't always good, and a great plane can be your downfall etc etc. Up is down, I know.

I don't know how to say this because everyone is going to insist that such and such plane, flown right, can beat an LA anyday etc., which I know is true.

I just think the LA7 is much more prominent in AH than it ever was in WWII. Sometimes it seems like it's 1/2 LA's and 1/2 everything else in the sky. Even if they're not overmodeled, surely late production or limited production or something prevented them from being 1/2 the fighters in the sky. I know that HTC has no desire to control the proportion of each fighter etc, but to some extent that's what we do with the 262, and such silly planes as the Ta152 and Spit 14. Unperk either of those and see if everyone flies them like they do the LA.

Basically, what I'm saying is that having 20 LA's around all the time because they're so damn good is annoying. I see people all the time go up in one just to shut the "LA dweebs" down. I live with them just like you all do, I just wish it wasn't us against the LA's all the time.

All I'm saying is PERK IT!, I'd rather fight Ta152's and Spit 14's all day long. C Hogs, too for that matter. :cry And if not that, give us an LA Factory we can bomb to shut them down.

By the way HTC, thanks for the "new" terrains. It's been nice lately having a change, first time I'd seen the night fighting setup on Christmas Eve. Never found Santa, but loved the setup.

Okay, you can start throwing things now...

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 02:29:54 PM »
my answer for the LA7 is EWA and MWA :D

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 02:43:31 PM »
Only problem with La7 is 3x20mm gun package, it was more or less rare in RL.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 02:48:58 PM »
Originally posted by SINNER

Okay, you can start throwing things now...

Ok you asked for it.

HT has it this way to create as much BBS whine as possible. :D

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 02:57:40 PM »
You've said it well.  If the La7 was this great in real life, you'd think we'd know of its great fame.  

One day, here at the bank, Witko and I drew all kinds of neat things on the whiteboard, trying to figure out how this amazing E-fighter can do things.  What stumps us reminds me of the old "one train leaves point a and goes to point B.  Train 2 leaves point b and goes to point a" yada yada.  In short, we've both had situations were we are at 15k or more in a P-51D, flying straight and level at 325mph.  An La7 comes directly at us, passes us.  We maintain course and speed.  Yet, the La7 does a complete 180, gains on and is within 600 ft of us in no time.  How can it do that, without burning up energy??  We're stumped, we've graphed it to the ridicule of coworkers...but they're dorks anyway cuz they play World of War  :p

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 02:59:49 PM »
I hated to fly the LA-7 but I started... It was great fun to catch runners in it :)

Now I fly the 152 as my main ride

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 03:00:47 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
You've said it well.  If the La7 was this great in real life, you'd think we'd know of its great fame.  

One day, here at the bank, Witko and I drew all kinds of neat things on the whiteboard, trying to figure out how this amazing E-fighter can do things.  What stumps us reminds me of the old "one train leaves point a and goes to point B.  Train 2 leaves point b and goes to point a" yada yada.  In short, we've both had situations were we are at 15k or more in a P-51D, flying straight and level at 325mph.  An La7 comes directly at us, passes us.  We maintain course and speed.  Yet, the La7 does a complete 180, gains on and is within 600 ft of us in no time.  How can it do that, without burning up energy??  We're stumped, we've graphed it to the ridicule of coworkers...but they're dorks anyway cuz they play World of War  :p

SINNER (shaking) You.. mean.... maybe I'm NOT crazy.....? Begins to laugh maniacally...

Thanks LePaul.... It's just nice to know there really are pink elephants in the room.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 03:00:52 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul

Film or I call BS .

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 03:02:15 PM »
Originally posted by mussie
I hated to fly the LA-7 but I started... It was great fun to catch runners in it :)

Now I fly the 152 as my main ride

That's kind of my point. I can fly it and do probably better than in any other plane. But I don't WANT to fly it and I hate sometimes feeling like I have little choice.

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 03:04:52 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Film or I call BS .

Bronk

You must not have much to do today Bronk. I'm a whiner and LePaul is BS.

Do you have an opinion on this, other than everyone discussing it are a bunch of idiots?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 03:12:35 PM »
You must not have much to do today Bronk. I'm a whiner and LePaul is BS.

Do you have an opinion on this, other than everyone discussing it are a bunch of idiots?

Slow down big guy.

I put that smiley there for a reason. Was suppose to be light hearted poke not a stab in the back.

As for lepaul yup unless I see film I call bs.

Way to many claims of "This is what happened." with no proof.
You believe everthing people post or just with people who agree with you?

But I don't WANT to fly it and I hate sometimes feeling like I have little choice.

This is bs also you always have a choice. Learn a new AC learn how to fight the Lala.  I'm no uber sim pilot and I kill them more than they kill me.
So if I can do it anyone can.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 03:16:30 PM »
Slow down big guy.

I put that smiley there for a reason. Was suppose to be light hearted poke not a stab in the back.

As for lepaul yup unless I see film I call bs.

Way to many claims of "This is what happened." with no proof.
You believe everthing people post or just with people who agree with you?

This is bs also you always have a choice. Learn a new AC learn how to fight the Lala.  I'm no uber sim pilot and I kill them more than they kill me.
So if I can do it anyone can.

Bronk

1. If you think it's B.S. why are so active in monitoring it and posting on it? You can uncheck the Email notification and go back to whatever you were doing before.
2. Whether or not you can kill them isn't the point of the post, but it is really helpful that you suggested that.

I think what you've suggested falls under the category of "any plane flown such and such can defeat an LA", which I said I already knew someone would say, but thanks for going ahead and saying it anyway.

Thanks for your insight.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 03:27:35 PM »
1. If you think it's B.S. why are so active in monitoring it and posting on it? You can uncheck the Email notification and go back to whatever you were doing before.

Because there is nothing better on TV right now. Also what i do with my time is just that, MY time thank you.

2. Whether or not you can kill them isn't the point of the post, but it is really helpful that you suggested that.

What is the point? Perk them because YOU cant kill them? What please explain.

I think what you've suggested falls under the category of "any plane flown such and such can defeat an LA", which I said I already knew someone would say, but thanks for going ahead and saying it anyway.

Been said before but it needs repeating. FEAR THE PILOT NOT THE PLANE!!!

Thanks for your insight.

Your welcome. :D

Bronk
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 03:31:39 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 03:33:39 PM »
Been said before but it needs repeating. FEAR THE PILOT NOT THE PLANE!!!

Thanks for your insight.

Your welcome. :D

Bronk [/B]

The point is that even if LA7's aren't over modeled, they're certainly over represented, and whether or not that's an issue.

I never said I can't kill them, I kill them all the time, they're usually over confident, but that has no bearing on the fact that there are more of them than any other plane flying, in my opinion, and they weren't that prevalent in WWII.

I'm suggesting that they are more dangerous than other planes that are perked, such as the Ta152 etc. I'm assuming that those planes are perked, to limit their numbers in the game. I'm also suggesting that this might make a more accurate simulation of WWII if the LA7's were similarly perked.

I think if you post 3 more you'll break 1700 posts!

Offline Apeking

• Copper Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 03:45:11 PM »
"I'm suggesting that they are more dangerous that other planes that are perked, such as the Ta152 etc."

The Ta152 isn't perked. It was perked until a few months ago, but the powers that decided to unperk it. (Checks) And it's still unperked.