Author Topic: LA7 Ufo?  (Read 3046 times)

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 03:48:08 PM »
Originally posted by Apeking
"I'm suggesting that they are more dangerous that other planes that are perked, such as the Ta152 etc."

Hang on a sec, the Ta152 isn't perked. It was perked until a few months ago, but the powers that decided to unperk it. (Checks) And it's still unperked.

I stand corrected.

Now if they'll just decide to perk the LA.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 03:49:18 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Your welcome. :D

Bronk

i (choke) agree 100% Bronk!!

perk the la7 because its over represented?

then the p51 will be over repped!!

perk it.

then the typhoon

perk it.

then the f4u s

perk it.

then the----and then the----and what about the----

:noid

there will always be an uber plane that everyone will want to fly.

eliminate or perk it.    another will take its place.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 03:52:10 PM »
Originally posted by SINNER
The point is that even if LA7's aren't over modeled, they're certainly over represented, and whether or not that's an issue.

I never said I can't kill them, I kill them all the time, they're usually over confident, but that has no bearing on the fact that there are more of them than any other plane flying, in my opinion, and they weren't that prevalent in WWII.

I'm suggesting that they are more dangerous than other planes that are perked, such as the Ta152 etc. I'm assuming that those planes are perked, to limit their numbers in the game. I'm also suggesting that this might make a more accurate simulation of WWII if the LA7's were similarly perked.

I think if you post 3 more you'll break 1700 posts!

Well what happens if HT perks it?

You'll start seeing a ton of "HO-N-GO" tiffies.
 What then? Perk the tiffie because it's over used?
Ect...ect..ect..
Till we are left flying A6m2's and Hurricane MK I's .
I know Schatzi might be pleased with this but not me.

And It's 1 more post .
:furious :furious :furious :D :D :D

Bronk

Ps the Ta is free now.
See Rule #4

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 03:52:51 PM »
Originally posted by 1Boner

perk the la7 because its over represented?....

then the f4u s

perk it.

Obviously this can go on to a ridiculous conclusion. The 51 was very prevalent, and f4u's etc. I'm not suggesting that there is a problem with the other planes. I just think when half of every furball is LA7's and they weren't a major factor in WWII, it is a little "inaccurate" if that term can be applied to AH.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 03:54:47 PM »
The point is that even if LA7's aren't over modeled, they're certainly over represented, and whether or not that's an issue.

I never said I can't kill them, I kill them all the time, they're usually over confident, but that has no bearing on the fact that there are more of them than any other plane flying, in my opinion, and they weren't that prevalent in WWII.

I'm suggesting that they are more dangerous than other planes that are perked, such as the Ta152 etc. I'm assuming that those planes are perked, to limit their numbers in the game. I'm also suggesting that this might make a more accurate simulation of WWII if the LA7's were similarly perked.

I think if you post 3 more you'll break 1700 posts!

i do believe that the russians produced more la7 s than any other russian plane.

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 03:55:59 PM »

perk the la7 because its over represented?

then the p51 will be over repped!!

perk it.

then the typhoon

perk it.

then the f4u s

perk it.

there will always be an uber plane that everyone will want to fly.

eliminate or perk it.    another will take its place.

:noid :noid :noid :noid

Ok I need a shower now. I feel violated in some way.

:aok

Seriously boner we are probably not that far off on other stuff. The BB doesn't convey intent well.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 03:57:28 PM »
Well what happens if HT perks it?

You'll start seeing a ton of "HO-N-GO" tiffies.
 What then? Perk the tiffie because it's over used?
Ect...ect..ect..
Till we are left flying A6m2's and Hurricane MK I's .
I know Schatzi might be pleased with this but not me.

And It's 1 more post .
:furious :furious :furious :D :D :D

Bronk

Ps the Ta is free now.

One, I don't see 100's of Ta152's now that they're UNPERKED, you'd think they'd have made a big dent on the LA crowd, since they were so superior they had to be perked, or was that an oversight? Oh no, surely not! You can feel the palpable fear now that they're free to roam the sky. And what if I can't kill them either? Oh no!

I'll take my chances with the typhys, they only turn good at high speed, not all speeds, all alts etc.

If you guys are right, then the fact that we ever perked any plane, should have led to them all being perked.

And come on Bronk, you can do that one more!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 03:57:42 PM »
i do believe that the russians produced more la7 s than any other russian plane.

To my knowledge, the most produced plane is the Po-2, followed by the Il2/Il10 family.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 03:58:31 PM »
:noid :noid :noid :noid

Ok I need a shower now. I feel violated in some way.

:aok

Seriously boner we are probably not that far off on other stuff. The BB doesn't convey intent well.

Bronk

lmfao!!! okay Bronk!!

don,t forget to wash behind your ears!!

cya

Boner

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 04:02:06 PM »
The only thing I might concede is the 3 gun La7 should have a light perk.

So you don't have a problem with tiffs but a La's do hmm.

I'd bet after a few go around with Kermit you'd want tiffs perked also.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 04:05:33 PM »
The only thing I might concede is the 3 gun La7 should have a light perk.

So you don't have a problem with tiffs but a La's do hmm.

I'd bet after a few go around with Kermit you'd want tiffs perked also.

Bronk

I have found someone who is awesome in every plane. I completely agree that it's the pilot not the plane.
I'm just talking about the tons of LA's everywhere.

Greebo - F6F
Yucca - P47
Fencer - P51
shreck - Ki84
WingZero - Niki
KillnU - P38

on and on. I haven't met Kermit, but I'm sure he's awesome. But surely he doesn't fly EVERY Tiffie in the sky right?

And by the way, congrats on your SEVENTEEN HUNDREDTH POST!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 04:14:54 PM »
1702 dang it .:p

Look the reason is so noobs actually have a chance at getting kills. Just like the Mk XVI.

Some make the transition out to other AC some don't.

Pity those who don't but don't begrudge a noob of learning in an easy ac.

Seriously what do you think of perking just the 3 gun version ?

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 04:24:24 PM »
1702 dang it .:p

Look the reason is so noobs actually have a chance at getting kills. Just like the Mk XVI.

Some make the transition out to other AC some don't.

Pity those who don't but don't begrudge a noob of learning in an easy ac.

Seriously what do you think of perking just the 3 gun version ?

Bronk

I do agree that newbies need a fighting chance. For what it's worth I didn't ever fly it, but I understand why they would. I never seem to notice Spit 16's being all that "uber" but I know they're pretty good. I guess it just frustrates me when LA's seem to have no weakness and they're everwhere.  

I think perking the 3 gun is a good idea. It couldn't hurt.

I know this simulator isn't even meant to be strictly accurate. Obviously we're kidding ourselves that this is any real reflection of the war. I agree with those that say that too many "fixes" screws everything up. I just feel like I'm fighting about 200 miles behind russian lines.

I don't know that perking them would fix it, I just wish there was a way to have similar balance with the LA's like we do with all the others. When I see a 109 and I'm in a 51, I know he thinks his plane is better, and I think mine is. If he's good, he'll cream me, if not, I'll kill him, and that's how it should be.

But when I see an LA, I know he'll outrun, climb, turn, and dive me. All I can hope for is that he doesn't have 3 buddies also in LA's and that I can just outfly him, in spite of his advantages. I mean it's nice the way all the pro and con's work out on the other planes. You use your strengths against his weaknesses, and he does the same to you. But with LA's it's hard to find any.

I know that's a whine, but I just wish it fit in better with the overall plane set, without sacrificing too much in the way of accuracy.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 04:26:02 PM »

I'm just talking about the tons of LA's everywhere.

Never let perception fool you.

Sometimes the LA 7 just SEEMS to be everywhere, but in truth itīs not more numerous than some other planes.

In the current tour, La7 has approximately 26000 kills, which is less than Spit XVI, P51D and N1K2.

Actually, the 26000 kills amount to just 7% of all fighter kills. And with a K/D rate of 1.23 it is only ranking 21st on the list of most dangerous fighters.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
LA7 Ufo?
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 04:30:42 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Never let perception fool you.

Sometimes the LA 7 just SEEMS to be everywhere, but in truth itīs not more numerous than some other planes.

In the current tour, La7 has approximately 26000 kills, which is less than Spit XVI, P51D and N1K2.

Actually, the 26000 kills amount to just 7% of all fighter kills. And with a K/D rate of 1.23 it is only ranking 21st on the list of most dangerous fighters.

That is interesting. I wonder how much of that is due to the fact that so many new pilots fly them? Maybe the 26000 kills are the guys that know how to fly. Those stats are definitely worth knowing but they don't tell you how many of them are flying around, which is my major complaint. It probably accounts for why I kill any of them, the fact that newbs fly them. I doubt I could ever beat a good pilot who was in an LA.

I appreciate that info though, I didn't know that.