Author Topic: Giving up on AHII  (Read 1071 times)

Offline pdub

• Zinc Member
Giving up on AHII
« on: December 30, 2006, 06:09:49 PM »
I like this game. It reminds me of AWIII which i used to play. However, I can't solve the problem I'm having with the inability to save my deadband settings in Map Controls.

I'm trying to see if anyone has any other suggestions to solve this problem. I'm in Windows XP and have tried everything to be able to see the deadband settings saved. I'm also using Microsoft Precision Pro 1 joystick.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm at my end with this problem and if I can fix it I think my gaming experience on AHII would be more enjoyable :)

Thanks

Offline Monster0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vetgamer.com
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 06:58:46 PM »
Have you tried using someone else's stick.cfg?  If not I still have a stick.cfg settings from a 2 that should work.  Pm your email address if you like me to send you a stick.cfg.

Offline pdub

• Zinc Member
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 10:06:46 PM »
Yes please let me try your file. My addy is padjr1@yahoo.com

Thanks

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 10:35:44 PM »
Right click on the stick config file and select properties.  Next make sure that Read Only is not checked.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: Giving up on AHII
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 10:47:14 PM »
Originally posted by pdub
I like this game. It reminds me of AWIII which i used to play. However, I can't solve the problem I'm having with the inability to save my deadband settings in Map Controls.

I'm trying to see if anyone has any other suggestions to solve this problem. I'm in Windows XP and have tried everything to be able to see the deadband settings saved. I'm also using Microsoft Precision Pro 1 joystick.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm at my end with this problem and if I can fix it I think my gaming experience on AHII would be more enjoyable :)

Thanks

not being funny with you but are you doing it correctly ?  You're in the "Map Controllers" you checked "Advanced" box and the sliders appear on the left.

Have you HIGHLIGHTED each axis before adjusting the sliders ? X,Y,Z have to be done individually before clicking "ok"

Just a thought because you can adjust sliders after checking advanced box but without actually clicking on the axis, it ain't ever gonna remember it.

Offline pdub

• Zinc Member
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 10:55:15 PM »
Tried it. Thanks anyway

Offline pdub

• Zinc Member
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 10:59:28 PM »
Oh. by the way... Monster can u still send me your stick.cfg file? I'd like to try that. My addy is above

Thanks

Offline pdub

• Zinc Member
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 11:12:21 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Right click on the stick config file and select properties.  Next make sure that Read Only is not checked.

ack-ack

ack-ack, can u send me your stick.cfg file if you have one? Thanks

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 11:55:48 PM »
AH doesnt use stick.cfg anymore.  It uses .jsm files.

pdub contact skuzzy during business hours, and Im sure he could help you out.

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 12:05:28 AM »
Pdub,
No one wants to lose you, but posting under a topic that you are leaving... And then asking for help probably caused about 75% of the population to skip your post.

If you want to work out the problem, be clear about that.

That having been said, last I looked, all MS sticks are digital, not analog.  I've never met a digital stick that behaved right in a combat sim.  It could be a bad choice of equipment.
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 12:19:56 AM »
Go to wal-mart and buy the Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 Joystick. Its a good joystick, have droped it many times, and it still works like new. Simple design, and cheap.
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 06:57:25 AM »
Did you happen to move the game to another directory without de-installing and re-installing the game?  That could cause it.

Are you running any anti-virus or anti-spyware programs?  Those can cause it.

Did you copy the *.jsm file(s) from a CD?  If so, by default they will be marked read-only.  Just check the properties of the file and uncheck the 'read-only' flag.

If you installed the game as a different user than the one you are running as, you will not be able to save any files, including head positions, as well as the login information, or joystick settings.

Basically, if you are selecting an axis to modify in the "Map Contollers" panel, making adjustments and they are not saving, then it is due to the files or folders being marked read-only, or something is blocking the game's ability to write files.

If you can sabe head positions in a plane and they stick each time you start the game, then the "settings" folder is fine.
---

If everything is being saved, but the damping setting, then I have no clue.  I would completely remove the game (use Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel), then navigate to the Aces High II installation folder (default location C:\Program Files\HTC) and remove all the folders, including the HTC folder.
Re-install the game and do not copy anything from your previous installation.  Try it and see if it works.  Make sure to disable any anti-virus programs or anti-spyware programs during this entire operation.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 09:57:53 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 09:18:45 AM »
Originally posted by VooWho
Go to wal-mart and buy the Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 Joystick. Its a good joystick, have droped it many times, and it still works like new. Simple design, and cheap.

They don't make Sidewinders anymore. If you want one, go to Ebay.

Offline pdub

• Zinc Member
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 12:21:47 PM »
Well Skuzzy, I've tried everything you mentioned above. Can u think of anything else?

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro 1. Maybe that particular joystick doesn't allow you to save "deadband/dampening" settings??

This is a bummer.

Offline Monster0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vetgamer.com
Giving up on AHII
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 04:07:26 PM »
I just sent you the stick.cfg file.  Sorry I took so long, I rented rooms on the strip and just got home: >  What a blast.