Author Topic: X52 profiles on MFD  (Read 594 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
X52 profiles on MFD
« on: January 01, 2007, 11:48:53 AM »
Anyone ever figure out how to create an AH profile on the X52 MFD display on the throttle?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Bloodaxe

• Zinc Member
X52 profiles on MFD
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 01:57:27 AM »
Yes i actually have a profile created for the X52, its not all that it can be, because ive only worked on one profile (meaning one mode) but if u like i can even tell you how to use the clutch button!

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
X52 profiles on MFD
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 10:42:01 PM »
You create a profile using the software that came with the joystick. I believe it's called SST.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Bad31st

• Copper Member
X52 profiles on MFD
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 05:19:36 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
You create a profile using the software that came with the joystick. I believe it's called SST.

Correct - the software comes with the X52 and it is called SST - you can also download the software from the saitek site. The software is pretty simple to use it's really just a matter of figuring out what button to use for what and doing a little testing...

If you'd like, PM me and I'll send you the profile I created for AH.

Offline DmdFiat

• Copper Member
      • AnticoElements.com
X52 profiles on MFD
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:32:40 AM »
YEs Bloodaxe !!
I do! Can you send it to me?
I'm still trying to figure it all out. What's "lached clutch" ??

Offline Bloodaxe

• Zinc Member
X52
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »
Sure just send an e-mail to hydroblast75@hotmail.com and ill be happy to share my profile with ya!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
X52 profiles on MFD
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 03:06:44 PM »
The button with I in a circle on the throttle is not a mappable key through the SST. It's basic function is to waste a button on the throttle that is in a very convenient place. Okay, I think it's actually to view, in real time, the mapping of a particular button (the command is displayed in the MFD), or to rotate through your profiles (one of the hats, in conjuntion with the clutch (i) key can be used to navigate through profiles and some other stuff).

I use the SST and have 2 modes plus a extra commands through the pinky switch, using the AH mapping only for axis controls and the reset button on the throttle base. If you'd like my profile, which will probably be entirely unusable to a normal person, let me know.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Bloodaxe

• Zinc Member
X52 Profiling
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 03:28:40 PM »
hey there my friend. I hear your interested in the X52 profile! good to hear, alot of people go out and spend the 90 bucks for the joystick but only 20% know how to use it! go figure!
As for the Clutch button! the clutch button is actually the little " I " button that is on the throttle unit, near the mouse controls. This button allows the stick to switch thru all or any available profile for your X52. try this out... make sure all the LED's are turned on first. next press and hold the Clutch button, you will notice that the little hatswitch control on your joystick has a blinking light. You will also notice while holding the clutch button, that the LCD display on your throttle unit changed from "No Profile" to "..." this is basically your "harddrive location". Now what this does is allow you to switch thru different profiles while in game, w/o having to exit the game and change the profile on your desktop. But now back to getting it to work!

Hold down that clutch button, and use the HAT switch on the joystick the "Down" function on the hat switch allows you to browse thru your harddrive folders to find the profile you are looking for. the "Left" direction on the HAT switch allows you to go back in folders to go to a differnt folder, and the "Right" is to select the profile.  take a few moments to play around with this so you get familar. it will all make sence once you to some poking.
now attactch is the profile that i have been working on. I havn't completed it, like the forum says, but it is rather time consuming, and High Tech is working on updating their command list, so some of the keyboard commands they give in the help forum are invailid. But basically this profile should give you the jist of how to operate and program it.

Hopefully this helps you out, and im glad to see someone actually cares about the X52. and wants to learn how to use the full potention of the 90 bucks you spent on it! like i said only 20% know lol.
Any more help you may need hopefully i can help ya out. Let me know!!

The following files you want to dowload into your Saitek folder "usually c:\programfiles\saitek"
Once there practice using your clutch button to load up that profile, should be labled Aces High on you LCD screen on the throttle unit when browsing the harddrive!
Goodluck!!

Bloodaxe "Sick Puppies"

Offline DmdFiat

• Copper Member
      • AnticoElements.com
X52 profiles on MFD
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 08:41:26 PM »
WTG guys, great help. I'll be using all of this info and the files in the following days!
Thanks.