Author Topic: Time down of diff. items  (Read 721 times)

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
Time down of diff. items
« on: January 07, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
Lately I've been playing in EW a bit more. I've noticed that sometimes when guns, town buildings, ack are taken out it does not stay down for the amount of time that the site says. I know that the amount of players are a lot lower than LW but does the amount of players change the amount of time that stuff is down. Sometimes I would bomb a town and by the time i'm back it already started to pop again and that was faster than 15min for sure since i would just bail after my bomb run. Thanks

Black70

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 11:33:18 AM »
This page should be accurate, it was just updated to include the new field capture system.  The number of players don't affect object down time.  As noted, the things that do chage down time are the status of the supporting strat facility resupply capibility, and player delivered supplies.

One note Id add is that I believe manned ack guns have a 15 minute down time independent of the supply chain.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:36:13 AM by Murdr »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 12:00:18 PM »
AFAIK, Hangars and Town Buildings are also independant of the supply system. At least the player delivered supplies.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
15 mins
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:24:04 PM »
Is the new ack system
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 01:25:02 AM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:05:59 PM by Skuzzy »
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 01:43:09 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
See Rule #5

Just very sad that some cant accept that others might play this game for different reasons than they do. A little uncalled for in a thread where help is asked.

Sorry Batfink.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:06:15 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 08:43:10 AM »
I just can't believe this. Batfink would you please hold on to your horses. First I've been playing this game for 2 months. Second I try to play the game as realisticaly as possible. In this particular example I was trying to understand if it was possible to take an airfield by yourself. So I tried to do it by deacking first then bombing,  RTB, then going again. THAT is when i saw the buildings popping again. I thought, ok let's see how fast they really pop. So THAT is when i bailed to be able to do it in time. So you tell me Mr. Batfink what is wrong to try to understand this game better and have more knowledge of it so u can explain it better to newcomers. It doesn't mean that if somebody does something once to test different aspect of the game that this person does it all the time. I hope u read this and see that there is more to this game than dogfighting. Even if that is what i like the most out of it and that is why I joined it. Thanks

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 10:13:15 AM »
See Rule #2, #5
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:06:46 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Hazzer

• Copper Member
      • Fleetwood town F.C. Cod Army
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 10:29:23 AM »
If you want to whine start your own post.Just my view. this is help and training.:mad:
"I murmured that I had no Shoes,till I met a man that had no Feet."

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »
See Rule #5, #4
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:07:10 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 11:48:34 AM »
See Rule #5

Its most definitly NOT my job to tell them how they have to or dont have to play the game.

I can (and do) provide insight on how the things work in game. But you said your self - its a game to have fun. Not a game to have *your* idea on fun.

I respect you very much Batfink, and what you do to help new players (and some not so new) along. A certain young Lady among them, that had no idea what plane she sat in on her first Squad Fighter sweep. But youre off on a tangent and crusade here, in a thread and Forum where it simply doesnt belong. IMHO, its time that Skuzzy closes down this thread.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:07:30 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 12:13:29 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:07:53 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 01:58:27 PM »
See Rule #2

I don't think your on a crusade, however, I do think you don't understand the idea of the game as published by HiTech Creations.  If you take the time to read the informaton published you will see that the idea of the game is to:

Capturing territory through the use of air, land and sea power is the objective of Aces High.   The arena terrain is divided into three countries, with each country starting with an equal number of fields, towns, cities, task groups, and a single headquarters for each country.  All countries have an equal amount of territory at the beginning of a war.  

That comes from the originator and owner of the game.  It's not my idea and it's not anyone's except the guy that owns it.   so your statement:

the idea is air combat not grabbing real estate as fast as possible.

is totally off the mark, at least according to the game creator and owner.

I think the rate at which one decides to capture territory is totally up to each person playing the game.

If I'm wrong would you please show me where it is doucmented that the object of the game, as you state it, is air combat?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:08:21 PM by Skuzzy »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 03:12:46 PM »
Originally posted by Traveler
If I'm wrong would you please show me where it is doucmented that the object of the game, as you state it, is air combat?
Nice conversation topic and all, but please continue it some place other than H&T.

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Time down of diff. items
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 03:25:14 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:08:54 PM by Skuzzy »