Author Topic: Please explain  (Read 842 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 06:12:31 AM »
I have actually never seen a zero rip itself up under ANY conditions... And from my experience, stress always takes both wings... I too have had wierd thing recently. About 4-5 days ago I had a Bf-109G6 spontaneously combust. I was pulling out of a shallow dive. I was already about 300 feet off the deck, and had settled in as far as attitude, I was no longer pulling back at the stick, and the ack way completely down. There were also no enemies behing me, and my FR was an unusually high 26. I just heard the scraping of metal, and suddenly I was in the tower. This time however, I got no "x shot you down" or "you have crashed" I got a "you have been killed", and none of the 15 friendlies within 3k of me saw what got me! There were no uppers, no ack, and I was 100ft above even the tallest of buildings and trees, and I was climbing at 4,000 feet per minute. I just died, with no explanation, and the weirdest thing was that scraping of metal. It wasnt a crash, it wasnt a hit, its honestly sounded like a succesfull wheels-up-landing, in which case I shouldnt have died. Basically, wierd things have been happening recently, and there is no explanation. This isnt real life, bytes and megabytes can get 'lost' en-route. And so, without explanation, things can suddenly cease to exist, or, even worse, suddenly exist.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 08:26:32 AM »
I fly the A6m a lot in the EWA and I havent pulled off a wing yet, I've heard it groan and protest in a turn though.    
I watched the film last night when I got home but never thought until just now I wonder what the g's were on my spit was when I turned to follow Flaps.   Is it possible just to download the film viewer, then I can look at while I'm at work

Flaps you should send the film to skuzzy and let them look at it, maybe theres something wrong, it just didnt look like you were turning that hard to pull 9gs.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Please explain
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 12:10:06 PM »
Just to be clear I am only giving a possible explanation of what happened.

I don't know if it's zeke bug or correct data.

Just figured I'd toss out what I noticed.

Hope you get an answer Flaps because I am curious .

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 06:46:15 PM »
well I just took another look at the film, and my gauges dont have anything readable, no needles so I cant tell what was going on with my plane at the same time.  

I think your explanation is possible, high G and ripped the wing off, I just dont understand how Flaps went from 2-3 Gs in his turn and then it just jumped almost snapped right to 9 and then the wing goes

Flaps you should send it in, there maybe a good explanation or else theres a bug with the Zeke and that only shows up in extremely rare cases.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 12:50:13 AM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
Flaps, what night was this?  I want to see if I had film running, I remember the fight but not when.

Batty, what do you mean by "Airscrew shot you down with a merge shot. maybe some might say a cheap shot, others wont."

I havent seen the film yet and I dont recall all the details of that fight.

was no offence intended to you airscrew!

all i meant was that it was a merge style shot that some people would have held fire on.

turns out, as i suspected, that you did hold fire.

i ewould have taken the 'cheap shot' vs a zeke most likely :D
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 10:06:24 AM »
No offence taken Bat, I was just curious why it would be considered a cheap shot.   I can remember thinking about taking a shot but it was a very small window and in order to make it I might have needed to kick more right rudder to get the guns on him and it also might have exposed me to his guns or a collision.   I think my plan was to sort of half split S and when I got to the top roll and quick turn to the left and nose down because I was anticipating the zeke to pull a hard left and then zoom climb to get behind me.   I do know I only had 1 or 2 chances to get a shot because I wasnt about to try and turn fight with him

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Please explain
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 11:40:14 AM »
Termites
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Please explain
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 12:45:23 PM »
Grrrrrrremlins

Bronk
See Rule #4