Author Topic: Please explain  (Read 846 times)

Offline flapsup

• Zinc Member
Please explain
« on: January 07, 2007, 09:56:14 PM »
Anyone tell me how I was shot down exactly?

http://www.speedyshare.com/581812664.html

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 10:59:21 PM »
Airscrew shot you down with a merge shot.  maybe some might say a cheap shot, others wont.

look at it from his angle, he hits you at about 300 yrds as you cross his nose.

two factors here:

1: no tracers.  most likely he was not using tracers and therefore you did not expect to be hit by anything.,

2: lag.   i does look like there was a little lag involved here, as your wing falls off half a second after the only moment the spit had an angle on you.
this means that it may seem like an impossible shot, but from his front end he had a clear shot on merge and took it, and lag produced the confusion by delaying damage for half a second.

EDIT: ok i watched it again....

it does seem like the spit holds fire.

there is a merge shot angle open to the spit but i cant see any guns or shell casings.

only other option i can think of is that you pulled too hard on the possitive Gs and ripped the wing off, you were at high speed.

hmmmm.....wierd.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:03:13 PM by B@tfinkV »
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline flapsup

• Zinc Member
Please explain
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 11:56:15 PM »
Looks like I was doing about 280.. not that fast, it does near that speed in level flight.

I was pulling G's, but I invite you to try to go pull the wing(s) off a zero doing any move at the speed I was going, its not possible I dont think.

So still wondering how I was killed..

edit:

I asked on the all chnnl if he even shot, there was no answer.. tracers or not there should be muzzle flash no? or casings like you mentioned..

I just tried my best to get the wing(s) to come off in the TA, under 300 I just turn hard and black out, not till about 310 did both of the wings come off and I was in a flat turn, blacked out for several seconds before they did.. I am pretty sure I wasnt that hard on the stick in the vid, I know I wasnt holding a high G turn at the time the wings came off, if I was you should hear the plane groaning like it does in a sustained high g turn I would assume.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 12:22:51 AM by flapsup »

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 12:40:31 AM »
i agree, sorry i have no answer.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 06:42:19 AM »
Send it to HTC and they'll look at it.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 11:21:46 AM »
Flaps,  I answered you that night,  I didnt shoot.  I was going to but it didnt look like I had a good shot, and then when I thought I did have a shot it was too late.  then you went down.  I asked you then what happened.  and you asked me if I shot, and I replied I didnt.
I cant see the film at work, I'll have to wait till later tonight to look at it and see if I have a film of it.

I did have something similar happen to me a couple of nights before, similar sceniaro, I forget who it was but I was in A6M fighting a Spitfire, we passed close, then all of a sudden my zero stopped flying and I hit the water.  I didnt have the film running so I dont know what happened.

I'd send it to HTC, maybe its a weird collision bug or something.  Did we pass close enough that it might have looked like a collision to the server, except I didnt see a collision message.

Batty, I aint good enough to have my tracers off,  without tracers i suck

Offline Target2

• Silver Member
Please explain
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 11:34:57 AM »
I had a similar incident quite a while ago. I was attacking a bomber formation, made a pass and extended out. When I was at least 1.5K out, my wing gets ripped off. I was in a gentle climb at the time, so it wasn't G load, and there was no other aircraft around (I have the film).

The only explanation I could think of was a glitch in player addressing. If one bit of data gets changed, it could be a different player who should have been shot down, somewhere else in the game.
71 Eagle Squadron

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 11:36:51 AM »
Flaps, what night was this?  I want to see if I had film running, I remember the fight but not when.

Batty, what do you mean by "Airscrew shot you down with a merge shot. maybe some might say a cheap shot, others wont."

I havent seen the film yet and I dont recall all the details of that fight.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 11:42:17 AM »
Originally posted by Target2
I had a similar incident quite a while ago. I was attacking a bomber formation, made a pass and extended out. When I was at least 1.5K out, my wing gets ripped off. I was in a gentle climb at the time, so it wasn't G load, and there was no other aircraft around (I have the film).

The only explanation I could think of was a glitch in player addressing. If one bit of data gets changed, it could be a different player who should have been shot down, somewhere else in the game.

That might be lag though.   I had just recently (maybe few nights ago) chasing some JU88s in a Spitfire or 109,  I'm taking shots at this guy and wondering why he's not shooting back.  then I start noticing tracers but no hits heard.  Then all of a sudden,  ping, bang, crack, I get a whole slew of hit sounds, windshield full of holes, smoke, blood everywhere and the boom I die.

could be internet issues, I usually never get discod, and this month sofar I've had 4 or 5.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Please explain
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 12:03:39 PM »

8.5 g at 300 true just before the wing goes snap.

That's my only guess.

Bronk
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 12:08:28 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 12:11:41 PM »
Bronk, is that a screen shot from the film? or did you make that?.  
And 8.5g? at 280-300 mph? is that possible or a bug?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Please explain
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 12:14:02 PM »
From his film.

Don't use views and adjust so you can watch gauges.

Bronk

Edit: As a matter of fact you can set it so you can watch wing tip and gauges.

Slow it way down.  There is just a slight delay between high 8+ pull and snap.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 12:17:16 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Please explain
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »
So no one thinks I made it up.

Might be harder to see due to resize.

Slowed film down to .19 .  At normal speed his wing goes  bye bye fast after this.

ZOMG thats 9 g.

Bronk

Edit: Note speed 298 mph.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 12:29:19 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline flapsup

• Zinc Member
Please explain
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 07:22:22 PM »
Film was made Sunday the 7th.

Where can ya see that I am pulling 9 g's?

edit:

I can see where I may have ripped the wing off trying to make the left turn, that it looks like I started to make, or even that I was pulling so hard but lag played a part etc. I fly that plane nearly every night and have never had that happen before or since, just surprised the heck outta me.. usually once its too fast the zero is just stiff and doesnt respond, never had a wing pop off.. and is it normal for one wing to go? only seen both go off before in other planes, which was part of what made me wonder.

You probably replied on '200' Airscrew so I didnt hear ya, I think I probably asked on the 'ALL' channel, I tune out 200 in EW- seems most the guys use ALL in there for banter, both show up white.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 07:39:17 PM by flapsup »

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Please explain
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 11:28:38 PM »
I'm always on 200 since the change to 4 arenas.  I didnt even know the all channel still worked
and I looked I only have 3 films from that night, none of this fight