Author Topic: Heavy Metal Monday  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Heavy Metal Monday
« on: January 08, 2007, 10:12:35 AM »
The turn out for this is looking to be really HUGE, so far the numbers are looking good.The more that shows up the better.

The main problem i am running into when advertising to folks is the time set for this to start.Most people have a schedule conflict and cannot come in till late after 9 eastern.That is why i ask that Heavy metal Monday be a 24 hour thing to see not only how many we can get in there at 9 but how many we can keep in there all day long.I know if there was an arena where it was nothing but Tank Battles all day long i would never leave that arena.

Just wanted to post some early kinks & see what response i would get.

Thank You to the AvA Staff in Advance.
1HungLoe
:aok

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 02:56:39 PM »
You could advertise it as a 24 hour event, but that you are looking at X - Y as the primary times.

Say 6 PM Eastern to 11 PM Eastern?
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 04:35:31 PM »
Originally posted by daddog
You could advertise it as a 24 hour event, but that you are looking at X - Y as the primary times.

Say 6 PM Eastern to 11 PM Eastern?

Yes i agree with that but more along the lines of say maybe

6PM eastern till 3 AM eastern.There are a lot of GV'ers on the west coast that play later.

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 09:43:23 PM »
just came from AvA. what a blast! was ton's of fun. the RV8's for scout planes i didn't much care for though. other than that it was great

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 12:09:41 AM »
Originally posted by moneyguy
just came from AvA. what a blast! was ton's of fun. the RV8's for scout planes i didn't much care for though. other than that it was great

I couldn't agree with you more.There was over 50 people that stopped by in a hours time period with a constant 25 or so in Tanks.

Hats off to Slash for making it happen.  

Offline SkyPig

• Zinc Member
Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 01:03:46 AM »
Killed a lot and died a lot but was still the most fun I've had in a GV in a long, long time.  Also didnt care to see some planes up and the vh taken out, but even that was just a minor bump in the road compared to the fun I had.

Offline Lazerman

• Zinc Member
Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »
I had a blast, I agree with SkyPig. Killed and died allot because Ltar’s did a fantastic job <>. Recon was alright because what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.  I see great potential for old and new users and a 24hr GV war on a large scale could be out of this world.

storch

Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 09:22:28 AM »
enable jabos for the next edition, I mean there were jabos to counter armor n'est pas?

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 11:56:25 AM »
Originally posted by Lazerman
I had a blast, I agree with SkyPig. Killed and died allot because Ltar’s did a fantastic job <>. Recon was alright because what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.  I see great potential for old and new users and a 24hr GV war on a large scale could be out of this world.

Lazerman was fun and i had a sweet spot with my T-34odeath lol
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »
Originally posted by storch
enable jabos for the next edition, I mean there were jabos to counter armor n'est pas?

storch you would want a jabo, but sorry to say this is an all out tank battle with some historic to it as this past monday it was T-34s vs Panzers, after about an hour of that it was tigers vs tigers for fun. this is a place to gvers, if we aloud jabos it would be just like the ma and the AvA is nothing like the MA.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 12:00:35 PM »
The gv fight was awesome i had a blast. Slash thanks for the great night. Loe let me know if i can help. i would love to be apart of this and help in anyway i can. to who ever reads this for the first time you need to try it everyone that showed up had a blast. count me in for next monday
Former LTARkilz

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 12:40:42 PM »
I'll be there next monday... had to move my office this week so online time has been limited
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 02:20:20 PM »
Originally posted by LTARkilz
this is a place to gvers, if we aloud jabos it would be just like the ma and the AvA is nothing like the MA.

This is true, most people don't even care about the AvA, which is a totally Historical set up, you constantly see people complaining about the changes that have been made to the MA and how it isn't the same, But none of those changes have been put to use in the AvA so in a sense it's just like the old MA only historically set up.In the end not many will come enjoy the quietness and settle for some really good fights, which is what 65% of the MA players are looking for and 100% claim they can never find is simply a click away and none of them take advantage of it.Maybe some day they will.

:aok

storch

Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 04:02:12 PM »
Originally posted by LTARkilz
storch you would want a jabo, but sorry to say this is an all out tank battle with some historic to it as this past monday it was T-34s vs Panzers, after about an hour of that it was tigers vs tigers for fun. this is a place to gvers, if we aloud jabos it would be just like the ma and the AvA is nothing like the MA.
historic huh, you mean T34s on the russian team and panzers on the finn?

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Heavy Metal Monday
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 04:54:23 PM »
Not too far off IMO, Finland had Sturmgeschütze III's during the decisive battles in the summer of 1944. Finland had also bought PzIV J's, but they arrived too late to see any action against the Soviets.
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3