Author Topic: Divisional Play off game picks  (Read 558 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Divisional Play off game picks
« on: January 11, 2007, 04:33:35 PM »
I'm going to be the optimist that my wife told me to be last Saturday. As she said..."You GOTTA BELIEVE!" and she wasn't talking about the Lord. ;)

So here goes, post your picks!

Seahawks upset the Bears!
Saints over the Eagles
Patriots upset Chargers!
Ravens beat Colts

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 04:37:26 PM »
Ravens
Bears
Patriots
Eagles
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 04:45:25 PM »
Bears Saints Chargers Ravens
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 05:19:59 PM »
Bears win - Grossman gets benched while Griese efficiently wins the game

Saints dominate the Eagles - The blitzing Eagle D gets exploited for big plays

Ravens over the Colts - Manning chokes again, the Ravens RB's show that the KC game was a fluke

Chargers over the Pats - LT proves too much for a mediocre Pats team.  Merriman spends the day on top of Brady

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 08:19:16 PM »
Bears- shouldnt even be a close game

Saints- by a narrow margin over the eagles expecting close game especially that crowd at the superdome should be roaring

Ravens- Manning will get picked off too many times for the colts to even have a chance

Chargers- Brady wont even be able to get the ball off as will see merriman in his face all day long and what team to date has been able to stop LT
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 09:04:35 PM »
I will gurantee a Patriot win for a # of reasons...# 1  Defense -  # 5 overall defense ( i think), and also one of the top run defenses.  Expect LT with 30 touches, double team each time.  Once LT is out of the game, Philip Rivers is forced to throw into a secondary, with the NFL's leader for INT.
# 2-  Philip Rivers -  First play off game....nuff said
# 3-  Marty -  Can you say choke?
# 4-  Brady
# 5 - Bellicheck
# 6 -  Caldwell/Gaffney (2 biggest sleepers in the NFL)
# 7 - Patriots experience.

Pats win!!!!!!!!!!!
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 10:18:57 PM »
Seahawks
Eagles
Colts
Chargers
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 09:12:40 AM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
Seahawks
Eagles
Colts
Chargers

Wow! Is a comet about to hit planet Earth?

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 09:35:42 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Wow! Is a comet about to hit planet Earth?

I just tell it like it is Rip. Besides, we used to imitate Matt's dad when were kids
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 10:46:26 AM »
Seahawks
Ravens
Saints
Chargers

Offline Dos Equis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 03:30:26 PM »
First game is about to start, better get these in:

Bears over Seahawks. If they lose, it will be the third one and done since 2000. People in Chicago will be pissed.

Pats upset the Chargers. Chargers are tough, but Shotty is a moron.

Ravens over Indy. Another early exit for Manning. He and his brother can go shoot some golf and compare their plight to daddy's.

Saints over the Eagles. Major ray Nagin doped the Eagles drinking water with floodwater from Katrina. Nothing like a little e coli in the 3rd quarter to slow ya down.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 09:28:21 AM »
Not a horrible game for the eagles, but not nearly good.  While Westbrook made some huge plays, he dropped many simple short passes.  Couple this with the referee's damn near outright refusal to call a foul against New Orleans, and the game swung the saints way.

And then Andy Reid showed everyone in the world how truly incompetent he is.  4th and 15, we need to score, and there's about 1:45 left in the game.  So what does he do?  He punts.

I'll be glad when people stop thinking I'm crazy when I say that Andy Reid isn't worth the stain on his underwear.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 09:40:11 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Not a horrible game for the eagles, but not nearly good.  While Westbrook made some huge plays, he dropped many simple short passes.  Couple this with the referee's damn near outright refusal to call a foul against New Orleans, and the game swung the saints way.

And then Andy Reid showed everyone in the world how truly incompetent he is.  4th and 15, we need to score, and there's about 1:45 left in the game.  So what does he do?  He punts.

I'll be glad when people stop thinking I'm crazy when I say that Andy Reid isn't worth the stain on his underwear.

To Andy's defense, I suppose he thought he could stop them on the Saints next possession, combined with two time outs, and would have had something like 45 seconds left on the clock. The other option is go for it, and if you DON'T make it, game is over right then and there...

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 10:02:13 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
To Andy's defense, I suppose he thought he could stop them on the Saints next possession, combined with two time outs, and would have had something like 45 seconds left on the clock. The other option is go for it, and if you DON'T make it, game is over right then and there...

I'm assuming you didn't watch the game.  Because if you did you would know that the Eagles hadn't been able to stop the saint's run game all night.  What makes you think it would be any different then?

The saddest part about this whole thing is that next season we will still have Andy Reid as coach, and Donovan McNabb will be back as quarterback.  Again, I will become emotionally uninvolved with the eagles.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 10:05:54 AM »
Chargers uber alles.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.