Author Topic: Roush vs Saleen vs Shelby Mustangs (2005-2007)  (Read 302 times)

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Roush vs Saleen vs Shelby Mustangs (2005-2007)
« on: January 14, 2007, 02:43:16 PM »
Which of these companies makes THE BEST aftermarket mustangs...?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 03:33:31 PM »
IMHO
It's between the Jack's and Steve's  beasts.
Carol didn't put enough into the brakes and suspension.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 06:37:40 PM »
The Best is pretty subjective.  There are arguments by each company as to why they are the best.  It really depends on what you are looking for.

You can take a stock GT and grab a $5,600.00 roush blower package (complete with exhaust improvements).  Compare that to the 50K price tag of a roush, and then consider the other 12k for the body kits.  Status alone, Shelby has the name, and I would consider it The Best imho.  Entry Level performance packages seem to be Roush's style, where Saleen tends to be the power house but looses the genuine character of the stang by some pretty awful body kits.  But again, you're paying for the image you want.

Heck, the performance of my 05 V6 is better than the older GTs, and for a daily driver the car suits me fine.  I can bolt on a Roush blower kit and in a weekend put out 350hp before any major tune to the injectors or computer, if I wanted that.  There's so much to work with here, these cars Beg to be built to the individual.

The best thing I have learned is that you cannot buy "off the shelf" the best package and really ever appreciate it.  If you want Status, bring money, if you want the Best Package, you build and tune the car to your reflexes, your style, your abilities, it really matters if you are building the car to enjoy or impress someone else.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 06:43:25 PM »
Friends don't let friends drive Fords.

:p
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 06:43:50 PM »
Originally posted by ROC
The best thing I have learned is that you cannot buy "off the shelf" the best package and really ever appreciate it.  If you want Status, bring money, if you want the Best Package, you build and tune the car to your reflexes, your style, your abilities, it really matters if you are building the car to enjoy or impress someone else.

ROC, that is the best statement I have heard regarding this subject!
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 09:13:05 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
Friends don't let friends drive Fords.

:p

And REAL friends don't let REAL friends drive Chevys ;)

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 02:58:16 PM »
..or ..

Can get a nice C-5 Vette for ~20k that *starts* at 345hp and goes up radically from there with bolt ons.

Altho .. a ~2k model year SS Camaro/ Firebird Firehawk is faster by a few tenths in the quarter, they dont corner as well.. er .. or so I have heard :)

-GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE