Author Topic: Warping like Star Trek  (Read 4094 times)

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 07:32:15 PM »
have you tryed opening your "Task manager" and watch the cpu ussage for a while ???   you may see a program starting up and hogging cpu cycles .

(just an idea of were to look)

but i think its in a driver ... or could even be 2 cards sharing the same irq and fighting over it ....   (just thinking)
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 10:38:52 PM »
CPU usage is normal 0-2%.  I have an even 30 processes running.  I use FSautostart to turn off all unnecessary crap as soon as I start up my pc daily.  I also run Adaware daily to check for spyware & such.  All clear.  I just got done reading in my squad's website forum & have a squaddie who is have the exact same issues.  New pc, horrible warping, downloaded patches to no avail....It looked almost exact to my thread here.  Hmmm, haven't tried kicking it yet!  I'll put new drivers in now & try it out.  Thx for the help so far.  At least with my squaddie (Mailbox) going through the EXACT same situation, maybe we'll have better luck figuring it out. Sigh...
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 10:52:31 PM »
ok hmmmmm .... think think think ...

i wonder if a firewall/ AV program is interfering by slowing up packets recieved / transmitted ??  (more pot shots here in the dark )
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 05:32:31 AM »
Thx Rosco.  I changed driver to the same one Schatzi is using.  Made no difference.  I hooked up my old pc & the game played fine, so it's not an internet issue.  It's gotta be a new pc issue, since Mailbox & I are having the exact same probs. & both got a new pc a week or so ago. Dangit...
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 06:00:33 AM »
Something is really wrong here.  You said you did not have the spinning clipboard problem until you installed the dual-core optimizer patch?  And only had it once after that?

Ok, that is just wrong.  Something got mangled somewhere if that is the case.  Are you sure you had the motherboard INF/drivers installed before you installed the AMD patch?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 03:08:34 PM »
Skuzzy, I'm not sure what motherboard/INF drivers are, but shouldn't they already be in my pc since it's an out-of-the-box pc?  You are correct about the spinning clipboard.  It only happened once and it was after I installed the patches.  I logged out & back in and it was gone.  Haven't seen it again.The best way to explain my gameplay experience atm is for 5-10 seconds everything is moving at half speed.  Then,all of a sudden, my fps doubles and everything is moving at double real time speed, like I'm flying at 500 mph any plane.  Then it goes back to 1/2 speed after 5-10 more seconds.  Every few seconds or so, all the other players warp all around my screen.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 03:13:50 PM »
What you just described is a problem which should have been corrected with the AMD dual-core optmizer patch.  But, on the other hand, setting the game to 98/ME compatibility mode should have worked as well.

And yse, if this is an OEM computer it would have all the drivers installed, unless you wiped it out and re-installed the OS.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 05:28:02 PM »
Nope, I don't even know how to re-install the OS. This is the first run of it (XP Pro).  Should I system restore it back to the 1st day & start over?
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 07:31:51 PM »
Have you gotten rid of hte 9x.xx video card drivers?  Worst drivers NVidia has ever shipped.  They will cause no end of problems.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 09:13:09 PM »
Rgr that currently using 84.21 drivers.  Removed the old ones using add/remove programs then Driver Cleaner Pro for the leftover stuff left behind.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2007, 10:48:06 AM »
Switched to 84.66 drivers, no change in-game.  Question:  When I start warping all over, other players see me warping on their screens.  Would that be a connection issue then?  If it was a pc issue, would I be warping on their screens?  If it's a connection issue, how come IL-2, Red Orchestra, and Call of Duty play just fine online?  It's only AH.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 11:29:23 AM »
Originally posted by USRanger
Switched to 84.66 drivers, no change in-game.  Question:  When I start warping all over, other players see me warping on their screens.  Would that be a connection issue then?  If it was a pc issue, would I be warping on their screens?  If it's a connection issue, how come IL-2, Red Orchestra, and Call of Duty play just fine online?  It's only AH.

HI,

How is your variance ?
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Nemeth

• Nickel Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com/intro.html
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 06:24:42 PM »
i have no clue if this would help but try limiting the FPS to 60 instead of "unlimited"
I get the "500mph" feel sometimes when i log into an arena then it take about 1-2 min to become normal (possibly from my slow oscar dialup)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 03:33:32 PM »
Hmm, tried that and immediately got a full system lockup.  Could only get Windows to reboot in safe mode.:(
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Nemeth

• Nickel Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com/intro.html
Warping like Star Trek
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2007, 08:57:54 PM »
From limiting the FPS in game? or is u talking bout something else?