Author Topic: US Spy Drone shotdown. War with Iran....soon?  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
US Spy Drone shotdown. War with Iran....soon?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 05:23:22 PM »
We've become a nation of candy tulips that quake in fear whenever some third world crackpot rattles his sabre.

It's pathetic.
sand

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 05:54:45 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
We've become a nation of candy tulips that quake in fear whenever some third world crackpot rattles his sabre.

It's pathetic.

but sandy, you don't want to send our children/soldiers into harms way do you?  What are you, a neocon war monger?

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 06:17:15 PM »
You guys have never bought something made in China, it tends to break after a few weeks, although I've also managed to get some quality Chinese stuff....
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 06:40:31 PM »

It's pathetic.

Close to 3,000 people that died on 9/11 might disagree

Terrorists have been threatening us for years.  Are you proposing a "head in sand" approach?

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 07:03:27 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
FrEEdom!  YOu gots to fight to be frEE!

I think you mean "your right to party"

-Sik Ad Rock
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 07:13:37 PM »

It's pathetic.

Agreed on the candy asses... But disagree on the sabre rattling.

As with any other country, america does it's own sabre rattling.  However, when it comes time to actually fight, it goes running at the slightest cut.

We used to sneeze away more americans in single days of our past wars, but the minute you show a dead american on the TV screen, everyone freeks.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 07:16:47 PM »

It's pathetic.

I remember when Lybia was all getting lippy back in the 80s. Khadafi was all like "Dude, the Gulf a Sydra is mine all mine!!!! muhuhuhuhhahahaha" and we were all like "Dude, whatever man." and went back to trying to solve our Rubic's Cubes.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 08:38:57 PM »
Originally posted by 1K3
If US attacks Iran... get ready for all-out Jihad (TM).

I've grown tired of the term Jihad.   The next time I drop a deuce, they'll have a Jihad.   Maybe the next time I order Chicken Shawarma, a Jihad will break out.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 08:41:24 PM »
Originally posted by VooWho
I guess we better start building a defense for the mainland of America. Everyone start stocking up weapons, ammo, water, and the beer.  

I truly don't think China would ever invade America, but if we do go to war, it well probably be in Taiwan and Japan, and South Korea as though those are close military bases in the region of China.

If Russia went to war with China, China would just kick Russias but in my opinion, that is on the ground war. The air war Russia would win, but on the ground, Russia still throws in poorly trained troops into conflict while the better ones stay back watching thousands of noobies come back with bandages all over them.

For a while I thought our next war would be with North Korea, but there to chicken to get there butt kicked right now. I really believe that there well be a war in Iran. I have also heard somewhere that the younger people in Iran actually like America more than their country, as in education, women rights, and more.

....and China's troops are any better than the Russian's?   Give me a break.   Just because they beat on Peace Loving Nepalese, does NOT make them "elite".
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 09:01:59 PM »
Originally posted by MotorOil1
It'll never happen.  All Iranians would fight just because it's America regardless if they like their current goverenment.   Wouldn't be like Iraq where you get some buy in.

Besides, the US just has to poke Isreal and they will do it for the US.

Ya, ya, do it, do it.  Just do it.  Come on Isreal you can do it.  

:rolleyes:

Actually alot of the Iranian public was pretty pro western up untill Bush's Axis of Evil speach.

The huge mistake Bush made in that speach is by naming these countries as a whole and not just singling out their governments.

Instead of saying "the governments of" he listed countries as a whole.

Sometimes its all in how you word something

The Iranians. while they may not like their government and may indeed like to see a change in leadership are still a very nationalistic people with alot ofnational pride.

It is for that reason if attacked the Iranian populace as a whole will be more then willing to fight.

Iran is one we (the US) should sit out and let someone else do the dirty work.

Unlike Iraq, attacking and controling Iran is not in our national interests.
We would be far far better off working for regime change through covert actions from within then through military action.

If you think Iraq is a bad dream. Iran would be an outright nightmare
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 09:24:17 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Close to 3,000 people that died on 9/11 might disagree

An absolutely perfect illustration of my point.
sand

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »

It's pathetic.

Back in the good ole days we didn't take no sass, just dropped a nuke in their lap. Makes one nostalgic.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 09:52:31 PM »
Originally posted by VooWho
Well If China invades us, I'm running to Mexico, then Australia. Australia has no enemies (I don't know if thats true) but no one ever speaks bad about Australia.

Actually Indonesia hates Australia (Indonesia is the biggest muslim nation in the world). And New Zealand, hell New Zealands even invading Australia.... just at relaxed pace :D

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 09:57:24 PM »
Originally posted by lukster
Back in the good ole days we didn't take no sass, just dropped a nuke in their lap. Makes one nostalgic.

One has to wonder...

Here's my beef. Our responses (with exception of Iraq which was just moronic) have tended to be retaliatory, measured... hell, they've been reasonable, humane even.

After 9/11 why not respond to Al Qaeda and the Taliban in a completely unreasonable and inhumane fashion. Drop a nuke on Kabul and the location of the Al Qaeda.

The message would have been loud and clear, "Do not **** with the U.S."

None of this whiny hand wringing about potential attackers. Take the punch and then hit your attacker with everything you have. Forget about conquest or nation building. Leave the target a smoking hole.

I'm fairly certain they'll understand that message.
sand

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 10:05:03 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
...Also, I would say China is 10-20 years ahead of this nutjob country already, and breaking away fast  :aok
:huh :O

what is it a full 1/2 of their population does not have running water, or electricity and lives basically in 3rd world conditions?

doesn't 1/2 their population also equal more than our total population?

ahead my arse
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.