Author Topic: US Spy Drone shotdown. War with Iran....soon?  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
US Spy Drone shotdown. War with Iran....soon?
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2007, 10:00:05 AM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
Nah, we're just getting ready to support Israeli strikes.

China is more than a match for the U.S. already militarily & will be more powerful economically in 10-20 years almost certainly. The only thing that will help the U.S with China is if a disease ravages their population or if China & Russia get into a war & deplete each others resources (& we stayed the heck out of it)

Chinese submarines have given us a black eye in recent years & they continue to prove that we aren't paying close enough attention to what's going on around us. If we continue to insist that we will defend Taiwan with military force & continue to keep a small military we are asking for trouble from China in the near future ( say 25 years or less )

China is more of a concern to me than any other country or terror group out there.

China will not attack taiwan...ever.

China plays tough with Taiwan so that other areas in southern and western China don't get some foolish notion and strive for independence. Making an example of their oldest son helps keep the younger sons in line.

Taiwan has had its own independence for decades. China threatening Taiwan is nothing more than saber rattling.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2007, 11:18:46 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
much the same way we did germany/japan but it will have to be on a larger scale .. no, it will not be pretty or pc if it is to succeed

With our inept politicians in charge, it will be PC, and will fail. We have the best military in the world tethered to a .gov too inept to manage it.

Most of these people we elect are not in "leadership" because they have any ability to lead, or because they have a clue, they get where they are by being good fund raisers, having snazzy tv commercials... and generally being good party hacks who repeat the same stale party ideals that rahh rahh the base...

These people are far from the greatest minds in the nation, and the results of gov waged wars on drugs and gangs will be the template of failure for the war on terror; a bloated expensive waste of time, lives and energy.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2007, 11:47:34 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Sorry, couldn't resist! :p

"Our side," huh?

There's so much left out it boggles the imagination.  

Bizarre Times,

hap

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2007, 01:27:19 PM »
Wasn't too long ago the pelosi gang was saying "of course, we needed to fix what we broke in Iraq".  Was a big mantra for the then minority democrats.  Now it sure sounds like "get out now while we can, thats what the american people elected us to do" which begs me to ask ...then what?

I would think that with the investiment in blood we had a reason to prevail militarily and nationally, and with the investment economically, in money and a stake in the worlds 2nd largest oil reserve, we had a stake financially.

What are the democrats, pelosis gang of madhatters, going to do to fix this strategic national blunder then?  retreat and leave the situation ready to explode for Iran and Syria to exploit?  What will become of the moderate arabs states if the half the worlds remaining oil fields falls under the mantle of islamic extremism.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2007, 01:45:16 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Wasn't too long ago the pelosi gang was saying "of course, we needed to fix what we broke in Iraq".  Was a big mantra for the then minority democrats.  Now it sure sounds like "get out now while we can, thats what the american people elected us to do" which begs me to ask ...then what?  

then the 3000 plus soldiers died for nothing

the dems start to dismantle the military er I mean "reduce the size of government" as was done in the 90's

we suffer another attack on our soil

and the cycle starts over again ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2007, 03:26:59 PM »
Is anyone old enough to recall bomb shelters, Bay of Pigs, and down the line?

I just shake my head at the genral line of thoughless opinion that runs, "make 'em all (like the whole world) scared stiff of us" and "kill 'em all and let God sort them out."

Granted, what I stated above I've not read some say seriously.  But still, the general line of thought runs that way.

If there be a great accomplishment during my lifetime besides Wal-Mart, is that we have not had nukes going off every 3 to 10 years someplace.  And I'm not talking about testing either.

Regards,

hap

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2007, 04:21:36 PM »
Originally posted by Red Tail 444
China will not attack taiwan...ever.  China threatening Taiwan is nothing more than saber rattling.

I pray to God you're right. But I don't think you are. It's my opinion (only an opinion nothing more) that China is simply biding it's time & is preparing to strike when the time is right.

They are known for their patience & they know they get stronger everyday & we get weaker. They know they can take Taiwan & lose 100,000 men doing it & not even think twice about those losses. We would recoil in horror at the loss of one CV & crew. They also know that it wouldn't go any further than that & we would not declare war on mainland China, the combat would be isolated to the land mass of Taiwan & it's surrounding waters. All they have to do is wait, the opportunity will present itself to take the island by force if they can't pressure Taiwan to re-unite on their own.

China doesn't want to destroy Taiwan, because they are all about making money right now as one of the other posters mentioned & Taiwan would be a huge boon for them as Hong Kong was, that cash will stay their ambitions for a while but I fear eventually it will become the driving factor instead of the limiting one.

I know, crystal ball nut job theory but I see the warning signs & have been seeing them for 20 years.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2007, 05:18:27 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
We've become a nation of candy tulips that quake in fear whenever some third world crackpot rattles his sabre.

It's pathetic.

Fear is what makes a 19 dollar per barrel of oil into a 70 dollar per barrel of oil.

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2007, 05:25:54 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
I'm still a little confused about what we might win in a war with Iran.

OMG don't make statements like that until the next presidential election! the current administration might bomb your house for that.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2007, 05:36:14 PM »
Originally posted by Hap
If there be a great accomplishment during my lifetime besides Wal-Mart, is that we have not had nukes going off every 3 to 10 years someplace.

which IMO will be the case if Iran continues its nuke development
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2007, 06:01:48 PM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
Fear is what makes a 19 dollar per barrel of oil into a 70 dollar per barrel of oil.

Don't confuse economics with fear. ;)
sand

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2007, 10:11:49 PM »
China, while a very manpower strong force, does not have the ability to express that force long distance. Their weakness is also the loss of petroleum. If their fuel supplies were blocked they would be severely crippled in maintaining anything, even foot infantry, over any length of time.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2007, 10:23:27 PM »
The Saudis will continue to drive oil lower and support the dollar which equals economic doom for Iran ----

If the Chinaman is gonna take over the world, he better get it done in the next 20 years cause after that, they are done  - do a little research on demographics over there.  They know they have a window of time and that is the scary part.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2007, 12:12:34 AM »
Originally posted by Hap
If there be a great accomplishment during my lifetime besides Wal-Mart,  

:huh
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2007, 01:34:28 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
which IMO will be the case if Iran continues its nuke development

That is your opinion. Ok, but what facts do you base that opinion on?