Author Topic: US Spy Drone shotdown. War with Iran....soon?  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
US Spy Drone shotdown. War with Iran....soon?
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2007, 01:41:49 AM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
:huh

My attempt at dark humor.

hap

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2007, 06:03:09 AM »
Originally posted by Viking
That is your opinion. Ok, but what facts do you base that opinion on?

the Iranian agenda as it applies to the US and Israel as pronounced by the Iranian president over and over again. you do the google search.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2007, 06:06:23 AM »
Originally posted by ygsmilo
The Saudis will continue to drive oil lower and support the dollar which equals economic doom for Iran ----

if true, would mean the Saudis need to watch their backs as they would be even a larger target for acts of Iranian desperation.

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2007, 08:24:06 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
the Iranian agenda as it applies to the US and Israel as pronounced by the Iranian president over and over again. you do the google search.

I don't need to. You obviously made the mistake of believing Iran's  political rhetoric. Do you always believe political speeches? Would explain a lot.

A couple of things for you to ponder:

1. How many times did the Soviets say they were going to destroy us, and how many times did they actually do it?

2. Iran has missiles that can reach Israel right now, and they have WMD right now. How many times have they actually attacked Israel?

Believing that a politician's intentions are the same as what he advocates is the ultimate in naïveté.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2007, 10:11:18 AM »
Viking
Iran will not do anything directly. They have killed thousands of our soldiers in Iraq already. This is unlike the cold war as we knew who to retaliate against. The cheekbones in Iran is a cheekbones of the 1st order. He will have others do his dirty work as soon as he has the means to be sure the job is done correctly. To underestimate his madness will lead to our doom. That is what the dems are in the process of doing ..

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2007, 10:18:36 AM »
Iran has fought a proxy war with Israel for a very long time through their support of the Hezbollah. They've even given them advanced anti-ship missiles as the recent war in Lebanon showed, and Hezbollah has been lobbing rockets into Israel for ages. However how many times have they provided Hezbollah with the nerve gas or bio-weapons that we know Iran possesses? None. Why do you think they would give them even more powerful weapons?

"To underestimate his madness will lead to our doom." His madness? You think him insane? Let me guess … you base this psychological "evaluation" on his political rhetoric as well?

If I thought as you do I would think Bush an idiot. I do not.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 10:22:30 AM by Viking »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2007, 01:51:26 PM »
nerve gas is not a nuke

I think they will give them nukes when they can and when the time is right

gas/bio weapons would result in a counter-punch

a nuke or nukes in the right place at the right time probably would not

yes - I think he is insane as I do anyone who publicly states the holocaust never happened

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2007, 05:11:36 PM »
I think they will give them nukes when they can and when the time is right

And I guess we should go to war just on your gut feeling? I think that would be insane.

yes - I think he is insane as I do anyone who publicly states the holocaust never happened

Ah, so anyone who believes in a "conspiracy theory" is insane? I guess back in 2003 you thought everyone who didn't believe Iraq had WMD were also insane? … Or perhaps you guys were insane to actually believe it?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2007, 05:30:26 PM »
never stated we should go to war on my gut feeling .. the facts tell me we should smash Iran while we still can

yes, most conspiracy ppl are more than slightly off .. but I do not think not believing in the deaths of millions of Jewish ppl by the nazis qualifies as a "conspiracy theory". Those ppl to me are out and out nuts.

Iraq was the right move at the right time. If we leave the area before the job is done, future generations will suffer for our short sightedness

time will tell ... hope we are both around for one of us to tell the other:

"I told you so"

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »
check the latest news, the real leader of Iran, komansomethingorother, who is the reglious leader of Iran told ajsomething who is the president of Iran and has no real power to STFU about the nuke thing.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2007, 06:36:27 PM »
the facts tell me we should smash Iran while we still can

What facts would that be I wonder?

yes, most conspiracy ppl are more than slightly off .. but I do not think not believing in the deaths of millions of Jewish ppl by the nazis qualifies as a "conspiracy theory". Those ppl to me are out and out nuts.

And why is that. You only know the Holocaust happened because our history says it happened. Few people are alive today that lived back then … even fewer that actually witnessed it. The Iranian history books say the Holocaust is a Zionist conspiracy to gather sympathy and support for Israel. I'm sure many Iranians would think you insane for believing such a farfetched conspiracy.

I don't think the Iranian President believes the Holocaust didn't happen, but I do think he's milking the conspiracy theory for all its worth to gather support from his own people.

Iraq was the right move at the right time. If we leave the area before the job is done, future generations will suffer for our short sightedness

Future generations will suffer for your shortsightedness period. The planning and implementation of your occupation of Iraq was shortsighted in the extreme. Iraq is already a disaster.

time will tell ... hope we are both around for one of us to tell the other:

"I told you so"

You and me both sir.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2007, 07:02:42 PM »
Originally posted by Viking

Future generations will suffer for your shortsightedness period. The planning and implementation of your occupation of Iraq was shortsighted in the extreme. Iraq is already a disaster.

correction, Iraq was a disaster under saddam, it is now on it's way to healing in spite of you naysayers. Future generations of Iraqs will build a statue of boosh in honor of their freedom.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2007, 07:24:08 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
correction, Iraq was a disaster under saddam, it is now on it's way to healing in spite of you naysayers. Future generations of Iraqs will build a statue of boosh in honor of their freedom.

Now THERE's insanity! ;)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2007, 07:29:20 PM »
damm, viking, we can't agree on anything. :D

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2007, 07:31:23 PM »
Nope :D