Author Topic: Any woodworkers, you got to have this  (Read 1120 times)

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Any woodworkers, you got to have this
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2007, 09:27:55 PM »

:D

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2007, 09:50:43 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
It looks pretty cool, but I wonder if aluminum, copper, staticy plastics, foam, or damp wood would trip it?  I cut non wood things on my table saw all the time.  

If I had one I’d probably just chop something off with my band saw, miter saw, scroll saw, skill saw, sawzall or jig saw…
it has a key lock where you can bypass the "safety technology" for cutting conductive materials.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2007, 09:51:46 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon

hell ya!!!

i just used one of them babies on a half acre of land.  

once it gets over the whole "moonscape" phase it will be back to it's previous stature.  the last tenant let it go to seed and tree...it definitely needed a haircut.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2007, 09:58:40 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
hell ya!!!

i just used one of them babies on a half acre of land.  

once it gets over the whole "moonscape" phase it will be back to it's previous stature.  the last tenant let it go to seed and tree...it definitely needed a haircut.
you know of all the wood tools out there (and I have used almost all of them both in 3 years of woodshop in HS and as a cabinetmaker for a few years) the chainsaw spooks me the most.

I'm not "scared" of a tool, but I do realize the dangers inherent in some of them.

I'll tell you what, a door panel shaper is a heck of a lot more dangerous than a table saw. I've had close calls with a table saw being a dumb-ass but I have also ripped 2 full 4 foot tall by 4 foot wide cord of 16 foot boards down to 2" slats in a day. that's a LOT of cutting, and I have done that multiple times.

the shaper though with that huge bit, totally exposed making a 3" deep cut shape on knotty pine, well you get some serious kick backs sometimes. you get your hand caught in that bit, and kiss you arm up to your elbow goodbye.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2007, 10:13:49 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon

I have a Husqvarna…

Sewing machine.  I kid you not.  

My wife was shopping for a new sewing machine a few years ago and asked my opinion.  When I saw the brochures and saw Husqvarna I said, “They make sewing machines too?  I thought they just made Chainsaws.” She said, “They make Chainsaws?  I thought they just made sewing machines.”  Anyway, I insisted we get the Husqvarna.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2007, 11:57:19 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
I have a Husqvarna…

Sewing machine.  I kid you not.  

My wife was shopping for a new sewing machine a few years ago and asked my opinion.  When I saw the brochures and saw Husqvarna I said, “They make sewing machines too?  I thought they just made Chainsaws.” She said, “They make Chainsaws?  I thought they just made sewing machines.”  Anyway, I insisted we get the Husqvarna.

I used to ride Husqvarna Motorcycles a lot. Owned two of them. They were great dirt bikes.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2007, 12:21:18 AM »
yah, the husky was always the badaas of teh dirtbike club gerage, but i liked the suzuki 80cc bettar

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2007, 12:26:36 AM »
Saw this on a tech show about a year ago, was kinda wondering how long it would take to get into production.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2007, 12:33:09 AM »
iirc husky also makes some kewl robots too:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :aok :noid