Author Topic: Let the games begin! Hillary 1, Obama 0  (Read 5342 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Let the games begin! Hillary 1, Obama 0
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2007, 11:03:49 AM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Flinging an ashtray would be as effective as the UN has been in the last 20 years. Might as well try it.

I'm pretty sure ashtrays were banned at some point.

Something about causing cancer.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2007, 11:08:19 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
sandie... are you suggesting...

I believe that was phrased as a question, not a suggestion.
sand

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2007, 11:47:31 AM »
hillary came out today with her solution for Iraq, she told bush to have the troops out of Iraq before she is elected president. She went on to say it was bush's war and not to leave it for the next president (her) to deal with.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2007, 12:14:29 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
hillary came out today with her solution for Iraq, she told bush to have the troops out of Iraq before she is elected president. She went on to say it was bush's war and not to leave it for the next president (her) to deal with.

Works for me. :aok
sand

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2007, 12:24:39 PM »
What she really said was....

"I am going to level with you, the president has said this is going to be left to his successor," Clinton said. "I think it is the height of irresponsibility and I really resent it."

Now how does leaving a problem to someone else jibe with the conservative bootstrap BS mantra?

Oh yea, it doesn't

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2007, 12:40:59 PM »
her " How I deal with Evil Men?" was the quote of her campaign so far ...

HILL'S 'EVIL' JOKE ON HUBBY BUBBA
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2007, 02:18:31 PM »
I think that button is an excellent representation of how she views things.  :)

I find her response to be trite and without imagination.  Rather superflous.  But it was a safe way to dodge a bullet.  Self-righteous indignation is always a good short-term cover.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2007, 02:22:52 PM »
I've heard that MT has two slogans that should do the trick...

"She's not nearly as vile as everyone thinks."

and..

"There's no real proof she had vince foster killed."

lazs

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2007, 02:50:14 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I have my own reasons for not wanting the Billiardly (tm) or the OBomba (tm) in any office, much less the Presidency.

You're starting to sound like some of the all-stars (tm) here with the child-like name calling. I rather expect more from a moderator, but maybe I expect too much.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2007, 03:02:13 PM »
I expressed an opinion I feel very strongly about.  I have no respect for either of them.  Why should I?

Just because I am a moderator/admin on this board does not preclude me from having an opinion.

I challenge you to find where I have played favorites or shown bias as it pertains to my political stances in maintaining this board.  But first, you might want to get a handle on what my political stances are.

My guess is it is easier to attack me, than to actually present the reasons why either of these people should be the leader of our country, or a leader of anything actually.  Neither of them have leadership skills.  Just wanting to be a power monger does not qualify one to be a leader.

EDIT:  I actually have more respect for those who are willing to put themselves out there and support people they believe in than the people they are actually supporting.  I have done it and it takes quite a committment to be willing to do that.
So MT, if you are indeed working in the trenches, .  While I do not care for her, I applaud you for getting in there and trying to make a difference.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:58:52 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2007, 03:22:39 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
her " How I deal with Evil Men?" was the quote of her campaign so far ...

HILL'S 'EVIL' JOKE ON HUBBY BUBBA

link doesn't work so:
 January 29, 2007 -- DAVENPORT, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton left caucus-goers here yesterday believing that Bubba had given her a baptism by fire in how to deal with "evil and bad men."

Clinton's quip, made during a morning rally with about 500 Iowans, drew 31 seconds of straight laughter and applause that left little doubt among attendees that she'd made a joke at hubby Bill Clinton's expense.

The one-liner came in response to a question shouted at the former first lady from the audience asking whether she had the mettle and experience to deal with evil and rotten men - like terrorist Osama bin Laden and the tyrants of North Korea and Iran.

Clinton grabbed the mike and told the audience that the questioner wanted to know "what in my background equips me to deal with evil and bad men." She then smiled, raised her eyebrows and nodded knowingly at the questioner.

Her nod and the ensuing eruption of laughter had rally-goers convinced she was talking about her husband, whose Oval Office affair with intern Monica Lewinsky exploded into the Sexgate scandal and led to impeachment proceedings.
=================

great to see she can joke about it ... like it really bothered her in the first place .. it all got her exactly where/what she is wanted

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2007, 03:45:36 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
great to see she can joke about it ... like it really bothered her in the first place .. it all got her exactly where/what she is wanted

Eagler, I think your wrong on all three points.  Unless, you've spoken to her and she told you so.

But for this moment, do you fault anyone else besides Hillary Clinton (just for the moment let's assume you're correct about your 3rd statement) for attempting to or realizing ambition?

Do you hold your children to that?  Youself?  Your friends?  

If you're answer is "yes," then your response is still pretty wierd from where I sit, but it is "principled" rather than "personal."

Also, I don't think for a moment that Hillary Clinton will be elected President now or ever.  And were she nominiated, I'd not vote for her because of what I'm guessing will be her stand on abortion and marriage.

Fortunately, for any nominee, we won't have to guess.

Regards,

hap

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2007, 06:41:18 PM »
no I do not except my children to sleeze their way into anything ..

see Matthew 16:26

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2007, 07:03:36 PM »
I've heard that MT has two slogans that should do the trick...

"She's not nearly as vile as everyone thinks."

and..

"There's no real proof she had vince foster killed."

lazs

No, no.  There is MT's most used:   "You don't like Hillary's record so "You have a problem with women in power."

BTW  Eagler, I really like and respect Glenn Beck.  He is so passionate and real.   I agree with your assesment of him.  He seems unconcerned with the pc political crap, and he speaks the truth as he sees it.  Good guy.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 07:07:19 PM by Gunthr »
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2007, 08:39:58 PM »
Well she got pretty snotty when pressed on an answer if it was a reference to her husband. She does better with easy questions.

Hillary/Obama 08 - every Republican's dream.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 08:42:29 PM by BTW »