Author Topic: <S>: Good/Bad Form?  (Read 982 times)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
<S>: Good/Bad Form?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 11:57:57 AM »
I was the guy who sent dredger a on ch 200 last night after i shot down his goon.  I meant no offense nor was i rubbing it in.

the situation was that about 15 minutes before i had helped defend against a well run 110 noe at base 47.  they had gotten town down but their goons had died.  the closest enemy base was about 2.5 sectors away so i engaged in a furball down south for a bit and had just landed my kills when i saw the base flashing up north.  there were no bish there so i upped quickly and found a goon at the town about to drop.  it died.  it was dredger.

i was pretty impressed by the fact he had had the patience to time his run so well, dedication to fly that distance and the fact he had almost pulled it off.  in fact, i thought...hey thats something i would have tried to pull off!!

out of respect i him and enjoy a few lines of pleasant exchange on ch 200 where i compliment him and he compliments me on catching him.

had no idea i might have offended him and if i did, i apologize.  truly meant to show him respect for his effort:aok
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 12:32:01 PM »
had no idea i might have offended him

Falcnwng, you are a class act and a top player, and I've never heard nor thought otherwise.

I take no offence at being shot down by you by being an alert player making an excellent play(though I was hating it to be sure).  I was 99.9% sure when you sent me the it was intended as you say (now 100% sure)

Last night when I was about 12 miles from the base, I saw Falcon land his 4 kills...just about the time the base started flashing.  I was thinking to my self 'dogfarts, I wish this guy in PARTICULAR was preoccupied or otherwise engaged right now.'  

Sure enough, he upped to check out what was a 100% dead town, from my understaffed mission 30 mins before.  He shot me down 100 ft from the edge of town.

I put this post up to see what people thought about the function, not just for a goon but in general terms as well.  I didn't want to disclose your name or mention the BOPs for objectivity, although I think it is cool you added to the post telling this story I wanted to tell as well.(lest I sound like sour grapes)

The chat on 200 was as he says, cordial and sportsmanlike.  Fair play, no foul, excellent attention.

Falcnwng and BOP's

:aok
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 12:41:04 PM by DREDger »

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 12:41:42 PM »
Ill send one, or wont.
I usually say somehting though if it was a good battle, but then again, Im a buff jokey mostley, so Im used to the 2-3 planes trying to get to me.

CHeers
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline 475FG Savlan

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.475FG.com
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 12:59:10 PM »
If im not already preoccupied with other bandits, when a person exibits great skill and gives me a sweaty palmed fight,  regardless of what the outcome was I will try to salute. Especially so when said fight was in a 'lesser' airframe - in other words I rarely LA7s & SPit 16s :)

I never thought of it as 'rubbing it in', or that it would be taken as such.
PUDGY
475th Fighter Group - Satans Angels
www.475FG.com

Offline Flame 2 the boy

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 01:00:19 PM »
The only time i the enemy is if i know the guy or it has been a good dogfight (like a 1vs1) and i just managed to pull out the win. I will also salute if the opposite happens and for some reason im the one that goes down.

but thats just about it.

Flameboy

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 01:04:18 PM »
I don't really salute, as I don't really know most of you, and hence can't remark on your character. That by no means excludes some sort of compliment or positive remark after a good fight, or an odd situation, incredibly lucky shot, etc, but the only reason I ever saluted was that was the etiquette taught to me in AW, and over time, at least for me, it really lost all sincerity, and pretty much became just a form of greeting or a kneejerk response.

Given the number of I've received after being vulched, or killed in 10 to 1 odds, etc, I'd have to say that a lot of other folks aren't using it as a sincere showing of respect or in a complimentary fashion either.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 01:24:31 PM »
If I shoot someone down and get shot down by the same guy during the same sortie sometimes I send a to say...we're even. Otherwise I'll send one if it was a good fight win or lose, Or if somebody shoots me down a couple times and lands a bunch of kills I'll as well. I've never sent one with bad intentions, however I have received a few that I felt were pretty sarcastic.
Lagger

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 01:45:38 PM »
Originally posted by 475FG Savlan
I never thought of it as 'rubbing it in', or that it would be taken as such.

Me, either.

Now I'm worried that I may have offended hundreds of people.

- oldman (ah, well, let them eat cake)

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 04:01:14 PM »
I'll generally S! any pilot who puts up a good or reasonable account of themselves in a fight. Win, loose, stalemate, 1v1, 2v1, 1v2 XvY etc...
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 12:02:09 AM »
Originally posted by rogerdee
if its batfinkv that shoots me down ill send  a or  a  or  a damn or blast.

hmmm, i seem to remember being shot down alot more by you than the other way round.

usually when i see a hurrimk1 or D3A in the middle of a furball, i know its either you or one of you squaddies and i make sure i pick them off first :D

S! RD
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]