Author Topic: My Retirement from AcesHigh  (Read 3925 times)

Offline Chitownflyer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
My Retirement from AcesHigh
« on: January 25, 2007, 11:18:06 PM »
Greetings:
this is bad dog or AKA Chitownflyer.

Reason why I am writing is to announce my retirement from aces high.
The reason why I am retiring are many and cumulative.
Last Sunday was the straw that convinced me that the frustration exceeded the fun of flying in aces high.

A little history:
I have flown in flight combat simulators i.e. Air Warrior, Warbirds, Freebeeds, Targetware, and last but not least AceHigh.

All told, I have flown these combat flight simulators since late 1994.  I have flown, my best recollection, in aces high for the last 3 1/2 years.

What set me off and push me over the line is the issue of tank town.  The events leading up to my realization that I've had enough was the fact that the Knights had been locked out of tank town for approximately 4 days running.  But with this level of frustration I will admit I got a little rowdy on Channel 200.  But the Monitor who decided that rather than just muting me for 10 or 15 minutes in which I would have gotten the message this monitor which was on that Sunday night January 21, 2007 at approximately 5 p.m. Central Time decided that she or he was going to totally revoke my chat privileges indefinitely, as I understood it, without warning or even first muting me.

Now I'm a big boy I can take care myself and also can take punishment when I'm in the wrong and to a certain extent I was in the wrong due to my language but I was very frustrated because of my frustration due to the situation that was present in that arena that night, as well is totally unsportsmanlike behavior of many of the rocks I feel that the monitor should have also disciplined if not muted these other participants because of any kind of exchange there are two or more players.

I felt I was treated very shabbily and I guess I have enough - life is too short and AcesHigh,  at this moment in time is more frustrating to me than fun so I must walk away from it.

To Nomde... I have a good run great deal of respect for you and your squad and your were kind enough to allow me to participate and I appreciate that.  So again, thank you for your efforts in keeping the squad together and bringing people within the squad

To my friends scattered throughout aces high community I bid you farewell it was good times sometimes bad times we had some good fights good runs and allowed good times. Those good times I will miss and may be we will meet up somewhere someplace in the future things change but the flight combat community at large premed stays the same.

To the handful of those people (which I used loosely and more accurately describe as snotty punks) whose only goal is rank and grief at any cost, as well as a growing problem of those who gain take advantages due to weaknesses of the game code - it's you that is making aces high less fun,  poisoning the fun out of it game.

To Mr. Hightower & Co. the concept and the game itself is a wonderful thing, as well what appears to be a labor of love.  I admit that it was a source of many hours of excitement good times and interacting with some very nice people.  I think, this is just my own personal opinion and take it for whatever it's worth, you need to be more sensitive and attentive to some of the problems that creates this aggravation and general frustation- particularly those with whom you have set with monitoring privileges that you should have closer and better oversight of these people.

Admittedly, this is your thing and God bless you it's your private property and you can do as you see fit... God bless you for that,  but as the old saying says, the customer is what drives things and the customer as they say, always right and in the end he will vote with his feet news is pocketbook.

I may return in some nearer or far future if things change and I see it be fun again.

I bid you all goodbye

Chitownflyer. AKA BADDOG.
Groupthink: ... "a deterioration of mental efficiency, reality testing, and moral judgment that results from in-group pressures." Essentially, people within a group become so consumed with the group, maintaining group cohesiveness, and doing what is important for the group that they themse

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 07:54:51 AM »
First off you did not run afoul of a moderator, but rather the report function.

Obviously to me at least a number of people decided that you were being abusive enough and reported you. Once that number reaches critical mass it shuts off your radio for quite a while. In short, the system worked the way its designed to work.

Now I'll agree that locking one side out of Tank town is not a fair thing.

But it shouldn't make you lose your cool.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 08:00:14 AM »
Cya in 2

storch

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 08:07:19 AM »
I wasn't flame baiting
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:38:13 AM by storch »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 08:12:48 AM »
Cya Chi!  <> and Gendobry
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 08:48:03 AM »
See! There is a god:D

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 08:59:47 AM »
Originally posted by storch
See Rule #5

I'd like to see your proof of this.  

It's all speculation on your part.

Please refrain from trying to pin all of the woes in AHII on the BoPs.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:31:24 AM by Skuzzy »

storch

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 09:28:25 AM »
no flame baiting at all
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:38:44 AM by storch »

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 09:35:19 AM »
See Rules #4, #5

but, does it float like a duck? could be a witch ya know :noid

Offline Chitownflyer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 10:14:56 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Cya Chi!  <> and Gendobry

Gendobry!!!... to my dear friend MR Karaya.. . and will see you soon.

To Ghosth...

There is a real big diffrence between muting for a 5 or 10 mins vers totally revoking my chat privileges indefinitely .  Also, it was only me who got disciplined and not the others, who were just as bad if not worst then I could ever be.  In this, the monitor was way off base and should be disciplined as well.. but who am I to say.  The tyranny of the majority(MOB) is all powerful and to fight it is not worth the fustration to me at this time, but It don't matter to me any more any way.   I gusse its how things are now.  With that said.  I bid you adue.

Chi
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:32:20 AM by Chitownflyer »
Groupthink: ... "a deterioration of mental efficiency, reality testing, and moral judgment that results from in-group pressures." Essentially, people within a group become so consumed with the group, maintaining group cohesiveness, and doing what is important for the group that they themse

storch

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 10:19:45 AM »
I wasn't being crappy to you, my post got edited by skuzzy because he thought I was flaming the BoPs.  my question was were you arguing with the BoPs prior to your suspension?  the reason for the question is that is who I was arguing with and twinboom was arguing with when we got suspended.

Offline chaingun

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 10:42:13 AM »
here the wine w/ your cheese:)

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 10:43:07 AM »
Baddog, you "vent" a lot on ch 200.   As often as I've seen you complainin on 200, I've wondered if you are having fun at all.  Since you do not seem to be having fun, leaving the game is probably best for you.

Check your signature, read rule #5.

Offline -SR-

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 11:17:47 AM »
Have another beer. Take a nap. Get a good meal. Then admit that you are an AH addict. Suit up and whack toy airplanes out of the sky.

-SR-:noid <----like the noid

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »
I wasn't being crappy to you, my post got edited by skuzzy because he thought I was flaming the BoPs.  my question was were you arguing with the BoPs prior to your suspension?  the reason for the question is that is who I was arguing with and twinboom was arguing with when we got suspended.

Coincidental ????????????????

:noid :noid :noid

Bronk
See Rule #4