Author Topic: My Retirement from AcesHigh  (Read 3927 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
My Retirement from AcesHigh
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2007, 12:41:43 PM »
Originally posted by Fianna
snip

before I start, I do not know anything about the last incident that caused an old vet to decide to hang it up, but for people to gang up on someone( planned attack )  is absolutely wrong, and should be looked in to, regardless if the player is well liked or strongly hated by the overall community.....

#1- not that it matters in the least, but how long have you flown with, against, beside Chi/BADDOG?

#2- me, having flown against him as a rival, beside him as a wingy, with him as a squaddie for over 10 years, I think I have a large indepth experience of how he acts, reacts, flames, attacks people verbally

#3- I am not standing up for Chi/baddog in the least,  just merely made an obeservation  & opinion like the rest of you, and I also noted that  
not tht I agree with any of it at all
comment regarding anything he had ever posted.......

#4- from years of knowing him, he never was or is the 1st to attack outside of game persona, he might retaliate with it,  but only after someone plays the card first.........and in the latter, only recently has he began to do this, where as before it was beneath his belief to do so..but guess he might had to lower his standards to make it where new baby seals could understnd his flames or taunts.....who knows? who cares?

#5- I should have included Atoon's above post in my 1st, also a good reply, Atoon

#6- Fianna, do not always go by what you can only see in the Ch#200 txt buffer, past experiences have shown, although 1 person is talking opening or responding openly on 200, he is being PMed up the kazoo with unwarranted PM messages, and in that scenario, none of us truly know the whole story....so you can not justify soley on what you see being typed on #200.......people privately tuning VOX and PM text seldomly ever comes out in a thread like this, so people basing their assumptions on just part of the incident that they witnessed is not worth a nickel..........

#7- all ya'll have a great sunny Saturday, I got to go fix someone's heat......

see ya up  ~S~
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 12:44:23 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2007, 12:59:57 PM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
Does anyone else see this type of reply as "kindergarten lame?" :D

No most kindergarteners know how to spell OWN :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2007, 01:04:15 PM »
Originally posted by JB35
SHawk did it i saw him do it :furious

And I'm not Sorry:p

Oh wait, yes I am....Who will I pick on now?:D

BTW Thirty5...U's a HO:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline parin

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2007, 01:12:01 PM »
It would be nice if we had a grown up channel with no mods.
Wgr 21 works great!

Quick Jam from SkyRock...

storch

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2007, 01:31:29 PM »
TC pretty well nailed it.  any time you shoot down several HOing, ganging and ackhugging players you are immediately bombarded with a string of PMs.  it becomes even worse after the next round when they put out the lemming alert and suddenly what was a 3 to 5 vs 1 becomes 6-12 or more and they actually finally get you.  and that's just lame old me.  I can't imagine what it must be like for a really good player.

Offline Chitownflyer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2007, 04:02:51 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
before I start, I do not know anything about the last incident that caused an old vet to decide to hang it up, but for people to gang up on someone( planned attack )  is absolutely wrong, and should be looked in to, regardless if the player is well liked or strongly hated by the overall community.....

#1- not that it matters in the least, but how long have you flown with, against, beside Chi/BADDOG?

#2- me, having flown against him as a rival, beside him as a wingy, with him as a squaddie for over 10 years, I think I have a large indepth experience of how he acts, reacts, flames, attacks people verbally

#3- I am not standing up for Chi/baddog in the least,  just merely made an obeservation  & opinion like the rest of you, and I also noted that   comment regarding anything he had ever posted.......

#4- from years of knowing him, he never was or is the 1st to attack outside of game persona, he might retaliate with it,  but only after someone plays the card first.........and in the latter, only recently has he began to do this, where as before it was beneath his belief to do so..but guess he might had to lower his standards to make it where new baby seals could understnd his flames or taunts.....who knows? who cares?

#5- I should have included Atoon's above post in my 1st, also a good reply, Atoon

#6- Fianna, do not always go by what you can only see in the Ch#200 txt buffer, past experiences have shown, although 1 person is talking opening or responding openly on 200, he is being PMed up the kazoo with unwarranted PM messages, and in that scenario, none of us truly know the whole story....so you can not justify soley on what you see being typed on #200.......people privately tuning VOX and PM text seldomly ever comes out in a thread like this, so people basing their assumptions on just part of the incident that they witnessed is not worth a nickel..........

#7- all ya'll have a great sunny Saturday, I got to go fix someone's heat......

see ya up  ~S~

I'm happy to see you Mr. TC.

Thank you for your kind words and your prececptive observation. What you say is absolutely true and is a fair description of how I would behave.

But, I'm only human, and the constant haranguing by snotty little punks insulting either my sexual orientation my wife, had becomes a constant theme and most times the monitors wouldn't give a rats asks about enforcing that.

Now, let's not all hop on the bash and "kick them when they're down" train  with out considering a few obvious and forgotten facts.

Fact one: Channel 200 is a voluntary Channel which mean means, in my simple mind, that if you don't like what's said on 200 then don't tune it.

So, it would be in my humble opinion, that if language got out of hand, the little kiddies and the impressionable children under 18 should  tuned out or change channels.  This would be my humble opinion although I don't run the show and it's obvious that's is not the policy which HT & Co. chooses to operate with.

Now, I'm a big boy and the only rules I expect expected of Channel 200 was "if you dish then you should take".  Now  Mr. TC is right that it was always my personal policy that he you only smack talk and taunt within the persona of the game.  Now if some of the little punk jerks started to insult my sexuality or my wife or children or all of the above, for most part I would never report the for I'm from the "old school air warrior flame warrior"... for such things were a sign of weakness.  But what would happen is they would dish and I gave them back in kind and they go cry to Mama (HT).  Now if this is how the community, now, chooses to behave in this "new school" "PC" environment then I guess I have enough.

Fact two: I would get many pm messages telling me I was a "studmuffin##T" or worst when I shot them down in a maner or which they thought was unfair even though it would be in the same manner in which they would land score or/and run up rank in perk points.  Now again, I'm a big boy and old-school so I'd never would respond to that secrets stuff I would put onto 200 at large and bring them out in the open if they were real men but most of them were little children without hair between her legs.

In closing, the level of frustration meanness and general disrespect within the game, outside of the persona or avatar of the game is enough.  The frustration and the like just became too toxic for me.

Again, to the many friends within this community that I have...  It was a good experience and one that I will remember.  Some of them may check in here, as TC, has done to state their true opinion and I'm grateful for that.  In that, at least there are some where that will the stand and tell the truth.

I will not bandy words with most of those who post on this thread and say "Chi was ....and and say something nasty derogatory or plain mean in response to my statements of retirement" it's not worth the time and more importantly, to respond to that gives them credence to what they say.

Lastly Mr. HT & Co. I'm not going to try to tell you how you should want to run your thing, but the rightness or wrongness of what you do will ultimately be tested within the community at large and the marketplace of ideas, so I will not respond to your statements that you placed earlier on this thread. If I'm wrong or right...  it all will come out in the wash as they say.
So again I bid you adieu (And this is correct spelling for the little insult Nazis which use spelling as a convenient and cowardly way to launch a "Ad Hominem" attack).

PS it's probably my guess that the management at large will never allow me to have an account in aces high again, after  this thread runs its logical lifetime.  Again I will not to grovel and beg say, I'm sorry for every little wrong that I may have committed as "Chi" or "Baddog".  But it's now out of my hands and I am not going to worried about it now life is too short.
Groupthink: ... "a deterioration of mental efficiency, reality testing, and moral judgment that results from in-group pressures." Essentially, people within a group become so consumed with the group, maintaining group cohesiveness, and doing what is important for the group that they themse

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2007, 04:22:46 PM »
Chi,

I will miss you................<<>>
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2007, 04:31:14 PM »

Fact one: Channel 200 is a voluntary Channel which mean means, in my simple mind, that if you don't like what's said on 200 then don't tune it.

So, it would be in my humble opinion, that if language got out of hand, the little kiddies and the impressionable children under 18 should tuned out or change channels. This would be my humble opinion although I don't run the show and it's obvious that's is not the policy which HT & Co. chooses to operate with.

Now, I'm a big boy and the only rules I expect expected of Channel 200 was "if you dish then you should take". Now Mr. TC is right that it was always my personal policy that he you only smack talk and taunt within the persona of the game. Now if some of the little punk jerks started to insult my sexuality or my wife or children or all of the above, for most part I would never report the for I'm from the "old school air warrior flame warrior"... for such things were a sign of weakness. But what would happen is they would dish and I gave them back in kind and they go cry to Mama (HT). Now if this is how the community, now, chooses to behave in this "new school" "PC" environment then I guess I have enough.

Translation I do not like HTC's rules, there for I believe I am above them and do not have to obey them.

HiTech

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2007, 04:46:20 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Classic.  

don't let the door hit ya on the arse on the way out Chia-Pet.

ack-ack

Hey ACK ACK, how you doing? Been awhile since I have argued with you so here it is.

I thought you quit !:aok
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2007, 08:41:09 PM »
I was suprised considering -

1) HT removed the all country channel
2) The community decided on CH.200 as a substitute.
3) It's voluntary
4) You don't like it, don't tune it. (plenty others to choose from)

Monitoring squad channels next?

And of course this is the 'healthier' environment that split arenas were to foster.
Only difference now is you can go to various arenas and get insulted lol.

[edit] Should add - surprised as in I didn't know people got text/vox revoked permanently up until recently, 5 years and still learning :) .
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 08:51:13 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2007, 08:50:52 PM »
Chi, don't go away mad, just go away already.
You've been pissing and moaning on ch200 for years.. anyone who is defending you as anything but  a nasty and unfriendly presence on 200 is either defending you to make themselves feel good, really hasn't been around that long, or is being blatantly dishonest.

Offline Chitownflyer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2007, 10:47:30 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Translation I do not like HTC's rules, there for I believe I am above them and do not have to obey them.

HiTech

Thank you for putting words in my mouth...

Whether or not I believe myself to be above the rules or or not is not relavent any more.? YES???

So, read what I wrote, and ponder what it means, and now leave me alone.

it's done.
Groupthink: ... "a deterioration of mental efficiency, reality testing, and moral judgment that results from in-group pressures." Essentially, people within a group become so consumed with the group, maintaining group cohesiveness, and doing what is important for the group that they themse

Offline Keeler101

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2007, 02:01:00 AM »
anyone who is defending you as anything but a nasty and unfriendly presence on 200 is either defending you to make themselves feel good, really hasn't been around that long, or is being blatantly dishonest.

I dont know what high horse you ride in on sir but you seem out of line here with these statements :mad:

I will not drop to your level and call you a nasty liar but someone that should think a lil bit unless he plans on insulting people on purpose

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2007, 02:08:46 AM »
Thank you Steve. It needed to be said.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2007, 02:37:20 AM »
Originally posted by Keeler101
I dont know what high horse you ride in on sir but you seem out of line here with these statements :mad:

I will not drop to your level and call you a nasty liar but someone that should think a lil bit unless he plans on insulting people on purpose

You are probably new here.
If, by "on purpose"  you meant that  my comments  are deliberate, then yes.. it was "on purpose".

Edit:  Feel free to tender what insults you feel are appropriate... I have thick skin. PM me with them if you like, that way we won't be hijacking.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 02:41:05 AM by SteveBailey »