Author Topic: Saitek X-36 Digital Combo  (Read 452 times)

Conda237

Saitek X-36 Digital Combo
« on: June 09, 2000, 06:13:00 PM »
Hi, I just recently downloaded Aces High and i cant seem to get my Saitek X-36 Digital combo to work proporly. I cant seem to get it to Calebrate it. I have downloaded the latest drivers from Saitek and I have DirectX 7.0a instaled. I am running an AMD K-2 II 300MHz CPU on a DFI P5BV3+ (VIA Chipset) mother bord. I have 64mb Ram and a 3D blaster TNT2 Ultra 32mb AGP video card. Any help would be greatly appreacated.

Thanks,
Conda

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2000, 10:25:00 AM »
I have the USB combo and it works fine.. actually great... gave up on gamecard setups.. which is yours... I called Saitek tech support in CA and they answered the phone right away... i was schocked... does windows recognize the JS?
doc

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2000, 02:16:00 AM »
If you have a MS wheel installed, try removing it.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2000, 01:11:00 PM »
Is this USB or not?  Also, are you able to calibrate it in the windows control panel?

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Most plans are just inaccurate predictions.

Conda237

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2000, 09:23:00 PM »
Well, I dont know how, but somehow it fixed itself, I think it might have when I reinstalled the drivers. It is the USB though it dosent work through the USB port, which makes me mad, it dosent get any power through the port, the port it self works fine. its not that big of a deal, the USB ver. also comes with a standard game port plug which is cool. Well, thanks any way for the tips, I'll remember to post here for any other questions that I might have, you all seem like a very nice group of people, willing to help a fellow WWII Sim buff out.

Once again, Thanks,
Conda

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2000, 12:55:00 AM »
Did you install the drivers, restart the puter then plug into the USB port?  That triggers the loading of the USB drivers and brings up the windoze thingie showing the stick and buttons to see if they work. If ya did and it still doesn't work, take it back to the store and get a different X36 set.

Good luck

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2000, 07:37:00 PM »
1776 is right. The USB version of this combo is excellent. Don't accept the gameport connection. It should work easily with USB. The gameport connection is vastly inferior and I would expect it to have problems in the future.

Get what you paid for and if it doesn't work take it back. Call support first if you can't get it working.

Ranger Bob