Author Topic: The Manuel  (Read 518 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
The Manuel
« on: January 30, 2007, 07:03:31 AM »
Periodically as I stumble around the MA in ignorance I am reffered to the above. Does it exist and is so where?
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
The Manuel
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:08:43 AM »
They may be referring you to the help files...

http://www.hitechcreations.com/ahhelp/index.html

Or on your system in programs/htc/aces high II/ahIIhelp
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 07:11:24 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
The Manuel
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 07:39:17 AM »
Or they may be refering to our new Trainers Homepage:

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com

Back then, Brooke wrote a manual How to Fly and Fight in Air Warrior. Keep in mind that this was written not for AH, but for AW. But id guess most of it still holds true.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 07:41:58 AM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline squealer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
The Manuel
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 08:08:23 AM »

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: The Manuel
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 08:28:08 AM »
Originally posted by Yarbles
Periodically as I stumble around the MA in ignorance I am reffered to the above. Does it exist and is so where?

Now the best of these is probably attached to widewing, however in a pinch the only one that will matter is the one you carry around with you. ACM and "dueling" is often counter intuitive. The "magic move" that worked yeterday or against the dastardly red baron just gets you flamed against the ubervon dirty harry or the next ace you meet. Even worse you run into guys all ego aside that you should just stomp into the dirt but dont....

The Bible

This is the best place to start, then spend time in the TA and DA absorbing everything you can.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:31:35 AM by humble »

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
The Manuel
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 12:58:45 PM »
I do not know where there is any Manuel, to read or check out  j/king  :D

but the compilation of articles at the  Aces high trainers website is set up to be downloaded  in html, pdf, or doc file types per individuals preference.......

alos, as humble has eluded to, Robert Shaw's "Fighter Combat - Tactics and Maneuvering" book, also known as "the bible" heh, is something every Flight simulation fiter pile-it should read and study........

a few other places to check would be:

http://www.netaces.org ( which is also included as part of the Trainers Website

Brooke's Aces High  help files located here--->Brooke's Aces High help files

Dok's Aces High Fighter Comparison

Murdr's squadron -- The 479th Library -http://479th.jasminemarie.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=20

as Schatzi mentioned, Brooke along with some "AWTA" ( Air Warrior Training Academy) Instructor's put together the

AWTA Manual

after you get your fill of reading and studying, go to the Aces High Trainer's Website and fill out a request for Training form, and a Trainer will contact you for some sessions.......

Hope this helps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
The Manuel
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 10:27:35 PM »
Although Shaws book is "The Bible" of air combat, it is way too technical for new players imho.
 Anyway it was for me. I believe that Net Aces & the AH training site are the best places to start. Once you have a grasp of the terminology & the basics of acm you should have a better chance of getting something out of Shaws book besides a headache.:)
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
The Manuel
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 10:41:57 PM »
Woody

I have to totally agree with you.  When I first started I read, read, read, read, and read some more.  Most of it was like Latin to me but now that I've spent a few months in game the terminoligy and descriptions are making more sense.

A man I respect a lot in this game says that he only uses five or six maneuvers and he's very successful as far as his scores and his abilities so, for you really new guys, I STRONGLY suggest that you pick one thing you want to do and practice until you do it well then move on to step 2 and so on.

Then go back and read some more.. it will make sense to you so long as your iq is in at least the high double digits.

Oh and keep in mind that the average training time for a WWII pilot was around 2 years from what I've gathered.  

This means that, unless you're some kind of savant, you're going to get your butt handed to you most of the time for the next 24 months.

Makes becoming 'good' worth it doncha think?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Mulligan

• Copper Member
Manual
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 05:22:01 PM »
In pursuit    ,,,,not a bad resource either

Mulligan