Author Topic: 109 K4 request  (Read 466 times)

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
109 K4 request
« on: January 31, 2007, 10:05:21 PM »
G'day lads.

I was just wondering if it would be at all possible to alter the colours on the existing 109 K4 JG 52 skin to the non-winter version.

I have no idea how difficult it is to alter skins, and as I don't have the high-texture pack nor a computer that could really work with the pack... I can't really do it myself, unfortunately.

What I had in mind was something like this:

-Image here-

I just built a model of this and it looks great, so it would be cool if someone had the patience to create this. (I thought it might be possible to even just change the colours of the existing JG 52 skin, say the brown to grey or green for example)

Perhaps we could also include this too, it would also be a nice addition.

G6AS Me 109K4 III/JG 53 Lt. E.D. Bernhard, Kaufbeuren Apr. 1945  

Thanks very much for your time guys

-Arch
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109 K4 request
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:23:19 PM »
I don't think the one we have now is in winter camo. I think nraven just had some... uh.... interesting interpretations on the colors used.

As for just changing the colors: it must be a historica paint scheme. You can't just take a plane that had brown and turn it green. If there was a similar plane that used green instead, you could skin that. If you had resources that pointed to this conclusion.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
109 K4 request
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 02:56:48 AM »
I believe that the colour-scheme I suggested is historically accurate.

I had no intention of creating some 'pick 'n mix' skin :lol

The colour-scheme sheet that was included with my Hasegawa model kit, which are supposed to be the correct colours for the 109 K4 of JG 52 designated  W.Nr 332529  in May 1945 are as follows:

RLM 75 and RLM 83 with a base/under-side RLM 76

This is why I linked that wall-paper as it shows this roughly.

This is an incredibly small image, but this is what I am referring to.

As far as I know, Hasegawa are usually pretty good with their markings directions and this is what led me to believe that the Nraven skin was a winter version of the above.

I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the Luftwaffe did something similar to what they did with the water-soluable winter paint for the Stukas.

-Example Here-
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109 K4 request
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 10:47:46 AM »
Sadly, I don't think his IS a winter skin. I just REALLY don't like his choice of colors. His ventral colors are almost pure white, and why they wrap around is beyond me. Were it winter the undersides would still be light blue.

Maybe his monitor colors were way off. I did that once with a skin, only I was lucky enough that it still came out okay.

A lot of the LW used whitewash paint for winter camo. This usually covered the entire upper surface of the aircraft, rarely did it only cover up certain colors (which would seem to be the case with raven's skin, hence why I don't think he was skinning a winter version).

Going back to the original question, somebody could skin it. There's no rule saying "you can't have 2 skins done by different people". We have 2 F6Fs with the same eyes/teeth painted on the and 2 190Ds from JV44. We could have 2 109Ks with red tulips. Just a matter of whether or not somebody has the time to do it :)