Author Topic: "for those who FISH."  (Read 517 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Angus catches my fish!!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 01:11:05 AM »
I go to the local grocery store and look for the Gorton's fisherman.  There's a picture of Angus on the box now.

:D
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

storch

depending on the boat
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 02:24:36 AM »
we either keep them alive in the wells or if unable to do that I gut and degill them right after I remove the hook.  you have a much better tasting fish that way.

some of my fishing buddies think I'm obessive and that it makes no difference but with 80 degree temperatures at night my taste buds disagree.

fresh fish doesn't taste fishy.  fish that tastes fishy is rotten fish.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 02:59:02 AM »
Yeah Diablo, but there ain't nuthin' wrong with a good fish fry every now and then.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 03:03:46 AM »
That used to be a family ritual back in the day, mostly when my rich uncle had a house on Lake Conroe.  They fried everything, and washed it down with expensive booze.  Ah, those were the days.

I haven't been fishing in a number of years.  My brother and sister in law used to go all the time, then sold their boat, and now nothing.  Last time I went with them we went wade fishing near the Texas City dike.  That was a blast.  I managed to hook a stingray that put up one hell of a fight.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 03:25:16 AM »
Anything besides fresh fish and fresh fish soaked in beer, milk, or lemon juice tastes horrible to me.  I can detect that ammonia flavor a mile away.

When I'm fishing, I'm always in need of a towel, fingernail clippers, needle nose pliars, and maybe a glove.  A retractable towel (on a vest or something) would be awesome.  Live bait is messy, and I usually grab the fish I catch with a towel or glove to (a) not get finned, and (b) get a better grip on him.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 03:36:36 AM »
Geez.... sounds like someone got their trout caught in a zipper.

Maverick I think you're on to something here... a fish in a Mustang.

Catfish in a P40.
Sturgeon in a YaK.
Bluegill in a Lala.

a scorpion in a F16 with CIA markings.....

:aok

Mac

"Does my Bass look BIG in these shorts?"

UnderRoos that say "Whoa.... nice Pickeral"

Nice pair of Dockers with a HUGE trout hanging down the inside left thigh...

Bobbers with the Eynzte Logo on them...

Boxer Shorts with pics of assorted fishing flies "Check yer Fly"

And for AcesHigh a Salmon in a Panzer UnderRoos that sez "Wanna Spawn?"

A SteelHead sitting near a tent , campfire and rapids that sez "Spawn Camper"

I could go on and on.....

:D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 03:56:48 AM by AWMac »