Author Topic: "for those who FISH."  (Read 516 times)

Offline porkfrog

• Nickel Member
"for those who FISH."
« on: February 02, 2007, 07:30:58 PM »
hey everyone. i haven't been on much this past week because i've been really busy preparing for the launch of my clothing line. i wanted to say HI to everyone and to throw a question out there for the masses.

i am coming out with a unique line of branded apparel for people who love to fish. freshwater, saltwater, flyfishing, inshore/offshore, lakes, ponds, streams, on the ice, all of it. we will be coming out with t-shirts, sweatshirts (zipper 2 pocket hooded, and pullover hooded single pockets), ballcaps, visors, beanies, hand towels (with a grommet for attaching to your belt or something else), flags, and stickers to start. down the road we will be offering custom brand kayaks and several other larger items. our website is currently being developed and we are dealing with several manufacturers on getting the clothing quotes. everything will be uniquely branded with sewn in tags bearing  our company name and then silkscreened. the hat like items and the hand towels will all be embroidered. we are focusing on QUALITY and have very high expectations from our manufacturers. we wanted something that you could beat the hell out of, wash a thousand times, and it wouldn't fall apart. we also wanted something that would look and feel equally as good wearing around casually.

the question. how many of you that take to the skies within AH consider yourselves fishermen and would be interested in something like this? i'll be holding a future thread here real soon where whoever submits the best fishing related story; be it funny, serious, dramatic, or simply heartfelt, will win a "kit" with some of our products.

just curious folks. i'll see you in the skies. hopefully with you in my gunsights, not i within yours =)

re<>pect,

JoLLY
-JoLLY
Pigs On The Wing

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 07:35:44 PM »
Smells of "Voss"....

:noid

Mac

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:55:23 PM »
*Looks for scorpions hiding in the room*
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 07:58:19 PM »
would this be "vapor wear" ?

J/K good luck on your venture.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 08:01:25 PM »
Bet he comes back and sez "Who's Voss"...

Mac

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 08:21:47 PM »
Will the fish be flying a P51 on the clothing, or possibly an F16 with CIA markings?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 08:41:03 PM »
Just what the discerning fisherman needs.
Designer fishingwear LMAO

Reel fisherman just wear an old pair of jeans and a Tshirt

I'll never undertand why anyone would want to dress up nice. to come home funky.

That would be like a coal miner wearing a white tux to dig coal
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 08:49:49 PM »
Well....pockets.

I never seem to have enough pockets. I Fly fish in the summer and there never seems to be enough pockets (even with a vest).  Heck, I'd put a couple of small pockets in my hat if I could.

Oh, and put a small stone on the zippers for giving the hook a quick swipe too.

RTR
The Damned

Offline porkfrog

• Nickel Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 09:23:30 PM »
wow. i posted a serious question in the hopes of getting mature feedback but instead i get hit with about 80% garbage.

i don't really care who VOSS is or was AWMac. nor do i have any idea as to what your remark was alluding to. whatever this VOSS character did is not my concern. again, i don't really care.

nowhere did i say anything about "designer" wear either.

obviously my thread was a waste of time. i really REALLY didn't expect to recieve that kind of response. maybe i should have.

it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

*for any of you that might truly be interested in seeing our stuff, p/m me your email, and i'll notify you when the site launches.

best to the rest of you=)
-JoLLY
Pigs On The Wing

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 09:58:26 PM »
Hey, I was serious.

RTR
The Damned

Offline porkfrog

• Nickel Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 10:25:02 PM »
i'm sorry Sir. i saw that and didn't mean to group you in with those other guys.

ok, lot's of pockets. i got it =)
-JoLLY
Pigs On The Wing

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 11:08:27 PM »
Sheesh a bit over sensitive arent we?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 11:14:32 PM »
I'll take a look at it, I'd suggest an insulated jacket though, I know even in the summer the temperature in the mountains can get damn cold.  Maybe you could try inventing some of your own stuff or whatnot if you get deep enough into it or what not.  Good luck!
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 12:37:06 AM »
How many of you clean yer fish when caught?  At the brook in other words. I have a buddy who does this. I havent, but was wondering if by 5 hrs or so, by the time they get cleaned at home, would they taste funkier than one that was gutted at the time it was caught. Guess I'll have to test it this year.

~AoM~

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
"for those who FISH."
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 01:08:10 AM »
We generally clean them at the lake/stream or soon there after.  If we don't then we freeze them right away which generally isn't hard to do where we fish, and clean them at home.
Who are you to wave your finger?