Author Topic: Is this guy out of order?  (Read 2132 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Is this guy out of order?
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007, 06:30:45 AM »
You guys just don't know how to have your cake, and still get up on the wrong side of the bed.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2007, 06:33:28 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
It also takes two to fight.  Let him up, and you have an opponent.

- oldman

Nice things about letting them up first:

1. They still have no chance, but its not a vulch
2. Minimizes killshooter risk
3. Offers that extra satisfaction of knowing you've let hope blossom, only to crush it without mercy

:aok

storch

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2007, 07:51:56 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Nice things about letting them up first:

1. They still have no chance, but its not a vulch
2. Minimizes killshooter risk
3. Offers that extra satisfaction of knowing you've let hope blossom, only to crush it without mercy

:aok
many times I've been able up in an La7 and then systematically clean up 3-5 scrubs who think as you do.  to their horror I also kill teh goon.  :aok

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2007, 08:41:45 AM »
word is the lgay was hubs.
Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2007, 09:20:20 AM »
i pm`d him and asked why he changed sides he responded with "to kill you"

That is the best reason for switching teams. I can't see what he did wrong.

OK using an La7 for that is gay, but gayness is no crime.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2007, 01:06:55 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
You guys just don't know how to have your cake, and still get up on the wrong side of the bed.

We just take the road to find our way out of a paper bag.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2007, 01:37:37 PM »
Well Fury I would forget about it if I where you, the guy got pissed and hunted you down because he brought the wrong plane to the pre-emptive kill fest.

, Kaz.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2007, 03:08:59 PM »
Originally posted by Raptor
We just take the road to find our way out of a paper bag.

That makes it all clear -- thanks for the heads up. Shoulda remembered how the frying pan looks before  the fire leaps and is hesitatingly lost!

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2007, 03:53:27 PM »
Hmm seems to me like this tactic was used before.....

Pearl Harbor Raid, 7 December 1941 --
Attacks on Airfields and Aerial Combat

Military and Naval aircraft at Oahu's airfields were second only to battleships among the Japanese target priorities, though the reason was different. While Pearl Harbor's battleships represented American strategic "reach", and had to be eliminated to safeguard Japan's offensive into Southeast Asia and the East Indies, Oahu's aircraft had to be taken out for a more immediate reason: to protect the Pearl Harbor attack force. U.S. fighter planes, if they could get into the air in any numbers, would be a serious threat to Japanese bombers. U.S. Army bombers and Navy patrol planes potentially imperiled the Striking Force's invaluable aircraft carriers.

The Japanese first attack wave therefore assigned many fighters and bombers to airbase supression, the fighters to set planes afire with machine gun and cannon fire and the bombers to wreck them with high explosives.  The second attack wave also had airfield strikes among its tasks. Wheeler Army Airfield, in central Oahu, was Hawaii's main fighter base. It was heavily attacked. Of some 140 planes on the ground there, mainly P-40 and P-36 pursuits, nearly two-thirds were destroyed or put out of action. A similar proportion of the B-17, B-18 and A-20 bombers at Hickam Army Airfield, adjacent to the Pearl Harbor Navy Yard, was also wrecked or damaged enough to keep them grounded. Many men were killed at Hickam when the Japanese bombed their barracks.Smaller Bellows Field in eastern Oahu was also hit, destroying several P-40s, including two whose pilots courageously attempted to take off in the teeth of the enemy onslaught.

U.S. Navy and Marine Corps air stations on Pearl Harbor's Ford Island, at Ewa to the west of Pearl and at Kanoehe Bay near Bellows Field, also received concentrated attention from the raiders. Ewa's aircraft complement, mainly carrier-type bombers and fighters, was reduced from nearly fifty operational planes to less than twenty. Ford Island and Kanoehe, home to several squadrons of long-range PBY patrol seaplanes, were massively attacked, with Ford Island losing about half its planes and Kaneohe all but a few.

These very successful Japanese strikes thus prevented any significant aerial opposition, though the few Army fighters that got airborne gave a good account of themselves. Later on December Seventh, surviving bombers and patrol planes were sent out to search for the Japanese carriers. They found nothing and confronted considerable "friendly" anti-aircraft gunfire when they returned to their bases.

So vulch away its a real and tested tactic.
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2007, 07:09:07 PM »
Rofl

Cool post Gwjr2 :aok

LOL Kazaa love the way we like to call it Pre-emptive kills :D

The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline tailblues

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2007, 07:46:37 PM »
Originally posted by storch
many times I've been able up in an La7 and then systematically clean up 3-5 scrubs who think as you do.  to their horror I also kill teh goon.  :aok

So this is yet another reason that we have to vulch a La7 as soon as we see it on the rwy. :) Don't give it any speed, any altitude! gee...  IMO, It is really cool and hard thing to up in a nmy capped field to get rid of those fighters.  I usually got shot down, frustrated, and come in 10k from a distant field. ... well.

Vulch is part of the game. ain't it?  I just try to avoid it as much as possible, cz I'm usually the prey, not the hunter. :lol

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2007, 09:04:53 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
betcha the La7 guy is a squeaker
:lol :lol :lol :rofl :rofl :rofl

Lost it when I read that.....::o :aok

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Re: you must be joking
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2007, 09:06:39 PM »
Originally posted by storch
this is exactly what is wrong with the game.  he thinks he did a "damned fine job of deacking and now he deserves to vultch"  pathetic.  I consider vultching pathetic and the other player slightly moreso than yourself.

Like the HO, I am tired of people crying about being vulched.  Don't up a capped field.  Simple.

If you do, and I do often, expect to be killed.   If I get up, great, if not, I don't cry about it.

Vulch me all you can.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)