Author Topic: The AvA needs advertising  (Read 2350 times)

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
Re: aw give me a break already you whiner
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2007, 01:31:05 PM »
Originally posted by storch
well if you will put words in my mouth at least put the correct ones.

point number one.  on more than one occasion I have met people from these boards and taken them around miami.  I extend that invitation to you.  if you happen to find yourself travelling to miami and are so inclined PM me, I'll gladly pick you up at the airport or meet you at your hotel.  if you decide you want to punch me out I can arrange some time at a local dojo.  I'll provide you with all the necessary protective gear minus the the mouth guard.  after you have kicked my bellybutton we can go to a nice cuban restaurant for lunch.

point number two.  I never said I don't want the AvA to grow I said we don't need timid players such as akak in there.  most of us that routinely play the AvA eschew the MA for precisely that type of game play.  we can find petulant miscreants such as that in the MA 24/7

number three. sportsmanlike conduct?  oh you mean like when you and most of your squad line up in easymode rides hang out over your ack and repeatedly HO other players from in line astern?  the last time you guys were on I counted five consecutive HOs and not one round landed.  sir, please spare me your drama.

the AvA has been a wonderful place to play in for the last month or so.  the reason for that is because I have been routinely logging on and waiting for players to show up when no one else has been on.  there was a period of about six months when I quit logging on and that period remarkably coincided with the many posts regarding the AvA's decline.  the reason the game play is even there is because I'm there.  were I not there the place would be empty, yes I'm mr AvA.  not that I'm special in any way it's just simply that instead of typing stuff like "I'd go but no one is on ever" or "i'd be there all the time if at least the regulars carried themselves like sportsmen" (yawn) I log on and wait for a fight.  who ever shows up I fight and I give them the best fight I can.

unlike my current re-fried detractor who is nothing more than a unidimensional poorly skilled player which offers no one a fight, I'll fight you if you are high, low and irrespective of what you arrive in.

finally sir, if you don't like me then why don't you replace me? come into the arena at around 1900 and remain until around 2400 like I do almost every day.  in short put up or shut up sir.

:D

BLA BLA BLA.... (puts on waders) Keep shoveling chief...keep shoveling. The caca is not quite deep enough yet! :aok
Duke

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
The AvA needs advertising
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2007, 02:09:44 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
you wallow in the gutter
Better to wallow in the gutter than be a t*rd in the sewer.

Sorry, couldn't resist.:D

Thing is you'll never get me to be defensive about being shot down.  All evidence indicates that I'm quite good at it.:p
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2007, 03:36:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure this wasn't the advertising that Biggles was after, in fact I think you're (not naming any names, you know who you are) representing quite the opposite what makes the arena fun to play in.
So, while it really pains me to say this, because I consider you to be my friends: if you can't restrain yourselves, take it somewhere else.
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

storch

Re: Re: aw give me a break already you whiner
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2007, 04:05:45 PM »
Originally posted by 1Duke1
BLA BLA BLA.... (puts on waders) Keep shoveling chief...keep shoveling. The caca is not quite deep enough yet! :aok
I would challenge you to step into the arena from time to time as well sir.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2007, 07:31:24 PM »
Originally posted by Panzzer
I'm pretty sure this wasn't the advertising that Biggles was after, in fact I think you're (not naming any names, you know who you are) representing quite the opposite what makes the arena fun to play in.

This is just getting worse and worse.  Could we please just end this thread?

- oldman

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2007, 07:37:44 PM »
lol, will you old women cork it. do your talking in the way you fight, not second, or even third rate smack talk crud...

:rofl

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

storch

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2007, 07:43:24 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
This is just getting worse and worse.  Could we please just end this thread?

- oldman
why? because akak comes on here to spread his cheer?  plow around that old stump.  why?  because storch responds in kind?  plow around that stump too.  honestly, I don't know what environment some of you guys grew up in but this behavior has always been part of a competetive environment.  I've seen and been a part of this from the playground to a pick up basketball game to my last round of golf when we get heckled for playing to slowly and not taking the game "seriously".   I'm continually amazed at how light weight some of you guys are.  akak PM your vitriol directly at me.  I kinda enjoy it.  

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2007, 07:51:25 PM »
Originally posted by storch
this behavior has always been part of a competetive environment.  

Nope.  I don't buy it.  It might have been true on the playground, but we're way beyond that.

I hope.

- oldman

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2007, 08:16:16 PM »
Arrested Development:

An abnormal state in which development has stopped prematurely.

Failure or inability to progress past a certain point of maturity;  e.g. an adult with the mental capacity of a third grader would be exhibiting a form of arrested development.

Considered a form of mental retardation.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2007, 08:25:01 PM »
Y'all look the same to me.
It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

storch

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2007, 08:33:21 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Nope.  I don't buy it.  It might have been true on the playground, but we're way beyond that.

I hope.

- oldman
well that's what makes a horse race then isn't it.

storch

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2007, 08:34:11 PM »
Originally posted by TheBug
Y'all look the same to me.
ja, well who asked you?

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2007, 09:21:36 PM »
first off this post has went way out of controll.

it has been hijacked.

it really needs to be locked closed deleted what ever

last no matter what anyone says this arena will grow. there are to many people that care about this arena to let it go to waste. to many people that are there making new things up to catch peoples eye and lure them in. storch nothing against you bro but just because you in the AvA all the dam time dont mean you are Mr AvA just means you dont have a life outside the game. no problem with that. i dont as well. BUT what have you done for the arena. we have lots of folks that are here nonstop working on this arena fixing it making new maps for us to enjoy. 200 smack talk is going to happen no matter what. i know that and understand that, but you do have to draw a line. friendly smack is understandable. smack talk cause you aint got a kill all day understandable but any further really is just not needed. LETS KEEP THIS ARENA BETTER THEN THE MA WANT THE MA SMACK GO TO THE MA THEN NOT THE AvA.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

storch

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2007, 10:21:53 PM »
nope, I'm mr AvA, sorry you're wrong on that count.  however if you want you can be mr AvA jr.  :D

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2007, 11:24:51 PM »
Do you guys see a link to the Axis VS Allies on the left? Does it work?
http://ahevents.org/site/

If not you might need to sign up for the events site.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure