Author Topic: The AvA needs advertising  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
The AvA needs advertising
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2007, 11:48:31 PM »
Originally posted by daddog
Do you guys see a link to the Axis VS Allies on the left? Does it work?
http://ahevents.org/site/

If not you might need to sign up for the events site.

Yup, I saw it daddog.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2007, 11:51:23 PM »
Did anyone else notice that Storch(ita) & AkAk(osphere) have PET names for each other?

So is gonna be a Spring wedding ?:D

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2007, 12:44:46 AM »
well both of yous need to read that part on AvA from daddogs link
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

storch

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2007, 07:40:28 AM »
Originally posted by LTARkilz
well both of yous need to read that part on AvA from daddogs link
well perhaps you should start a new thread.

storch

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2007, 07:42:28 AM »
Originally posted by Sweet2th
Did anyone else notice that Storch(ita) & AkAk(osphere) have PET names for each other?

So is gonna be a Spring wedding ?:D

this is a classic example of how a flame fest is started.  would you like me to point my wit in your direction?

:D

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2007, 07:44:53 AM »
Originally posted by storch
this is a classic example of how a flame fest is started.  would you like me to point my wit in your direction?

Are you sure thats how it is started? You just go right ahead  for i am not bothered by your childish rantings.You just keep diggin that hole Mr.Awesome.

btw-- does the hotel room you & akak got have internet?

storch

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2007, 07:46:08 AM »
boy that was a quick response for an "I'm not bothered person"  why are you picking a fight?  

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2007, 07:55:40 AM »
boy that was a quick response for an "I'm not bothered person"  why are you picking a fight?  

I woke up, started my computer, checked mail & responded.Then i searched the forum, went to close my e-mail & low & behold you have already responded.

You really need to try better tactic for the ones your using now do not work on me.You keep thinkin  & you might come up with somethin better, i know you can(the wittle storchie that could).

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Re: aw give me a break already you whiner
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2007, 07:57:08 AM »
...Blah, blah...

number three. sportsmanlike conduct?  oh you mean like when you and most of your squad line up in easymode rides hang out over your ack and repeatedly HO other players from in line astern?  the last time you guys were on I counted five consecutive HOs and not one round landed.  sir, please spare me your drama.

...blah blah

My mistake about the "Storch wants to keep it small" claim. I hadn't read your post for a while, and referred to it from memory. I got it wrong, I misrepresented you, and I apologize.

Now == Leave the squad out of it.

Firstly, that "drama" never happened. I don't line up to HO. I prefer far better odds than 50/50, as you may recall from our EW fight a few months ago. (You know, where you tried to jump my TBM in your C202, and I shot you down?)

Secondly, my squaddies play for the fun of the game, and we haven't tried to develop the refined cooperation some squads use. Some might HO, though I haven't seen them do it much myself.

Thirdly, we have players at all levels of skill. Some probably don't have the ACM you'd expect from your squad. If you want the Mongrels to go elsewhere, just say so....

You're really kind to SonDog. Is there any particular reason you cant extend that to others?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 08:00:20 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

storch

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2007, 08:09:05 AM »
well let's analize this a minute.  maybe you can show me where I'm wrong here.

you start with the following:

So is gonna be a Spring wedding ?

I don't see the reason for the that personal attack (smiley aside of course) given that no one has said anything about you or to you could one not easily construe this to be yet another personal attack?

why drag akak into it?

I don't get it.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2007, 08:15:41 AM »
Storch has never been directly rude to me so *shrug*.  I had a pretty decent time last night getting killed by him a couple of times and we exchanged 's and went our merry ways.  

That said I'll never be a smack talker even if I magically turn into some uber pilot.  It's not my style.  When people talk smack at me I just turn on my dog ears and hear 'blahblahblahblahblah'.

As far as 332n'd hugging ack and ho'ing I haven't seen anybody doing it so I can't speak to it but it would suprise me if any of our regs or new guys were doing so as a matter of habit.  You sure you don't have us confused with some guys that happened to be on at the time Storch?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

storch

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2007, 08:39:40 AM »
sondog is a child, he is also an excellent player.  why would I be unkind to one such as he?  sondog is exactly the type of player the AvA sorely needs.

forgive me if I don't recall that memorable moment when you shot me down.  I get shot down so often that I don't keep a log.  but wtg, gk!

with regard to your squad and any squad, we all have different skill levels represented in our respective squads.  our squad recruits from the new players who gravitate to LW rides and we coax them along.  I would venture that 50% of our active roster are new guys.  we also have players that HO.  we encourage these players with both positive and negative re-enforcement to apply ACM techniques to defeat the HO.  we make strident effort to bring all the members of our squad up to our squad's standard of play which is to be competent as an individual and effective as a team member.  while success is a journey and not a destination (pardon the platitude) I believe we are successful at that.

regarding your squad, heavens no!! please do stay in the AvA.  play anyway you like as is your prerogative but don't expect a christmas from me as you guys circle your ack waiting for the next opportunity to HO.  

on my more frustrated days I jab on 200.  I'm the guy that tosses his putter into the water hazard after horseshoeing a character builder.  I'm mad at me mostly.

lastly if I'm a thorn in your side and a detriment to your particular game but you like the arena why not simply squelch me?

storch

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2007, 08:47:37 AM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
Storch has never been directly rude to me so *shrug*.  I had a pretty decent time last night getting killed by him a couple of times and we exchanged 's and went our merry ways.  

That said I'll never be a smack talker even if I magically turn into some uber pilot.  It's not my style.  When people talk smack at me I just turn on my dog ears and hear 'blahblahblahblahblah'.

As far as 332n'd hugging ack and ho'ing I haven't seen anybody doing it so I can't speak to it but it would suprise me if any of our regs or new guys were doing so as a matter of habit.  You sure you don't have us confused with some guys that happened to be on at the time Storch?
 what? me be confused?  absolutely.   since you only get the tag of the guy who gets the kill it's easy to be.  I will say this and I won't name names because I like them both tremendously but there are two players from your squad that always always always almost auger in attempts to come around for a HO and usually as I'm engaged with another player.  yes it's the dread Ho/pick.  I just endeavor to become more competent in dodging their excellent HO'n abilities but they routinely get me (see my tossing the putter story).

Offline allmetal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2007, 09:36:59 AM »
what? me be confused?  absolutely.   since you only get the tag of the guy who gets the kill it's easy to be.  I will say this and I won't name names because I like them both tremendously but there are two players from your squad that always always always almost auger in attempts to come around for a HO and usually as I'm engaged with another player.  yes it's the dread Ho/pick.  I just endeavor to become more competent in dodging their excellent HO'n abilities but they routinely get me (see my tossing the putter story).

:noid

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2007, 11:55:03 AM »
I remember back in AW the full realism arena always had just a few people in it. Then one night our squad went over to try it out. We talked a few other squads into it and before long, it was the place to be.

Maybe we should work on our squads to go there and play instead of the MA. Who knows..just maybe.

~AoM~