Author Topic: X-52 Pro Trim  (Read 274 times)

Offline rdspickle

• Zinc Member
X-52 Pro Trim
« on: February 04, 2007, 12:08:18 AM »
I am having trouble with timming my plane in stright and level flight.I have programed the aileron to Y rotation, rudder to X rotation and elevator to the slide. All of these are analog inputs and I have left the scale and damping at the defalt settings. Also I find that it takes extreme inputs to fly basic manuvers, which makes landing real tough. The plane is all over the place . Any ideas?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
X-52 Pro Trim
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 09:03:35 AM »
Please check out This LINK It gives you a step by step lay out on how to set up your controllers. At the top of the page is a link to open it in a pdf so you can print it out to make it even easyer.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
X-52 Pro Trim
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 09:43:03 AM »
Spickle,

Trim is just for that... trimming the plane for level flight (with no stick input).

For actual maneuvering, use the Joystick inputs that control the actual control surfaces.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline 1cemanVS

• Copper Member
X-52 Pro Trim
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 01:23:26 PM »
yeh i think the problem here is your trying to use the trims as your main method of manuevering the plane, like schatzi said, im surprised you can even perform aerobatics with any haste just using trim

check out that link, follow it step by step, youll be good to go :aok

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
X-52 Pro Trim
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 05:37:55 PM »
I may be reading this wrong, but it sounds to me like you have your joystick set up fine.  Truthfully, I don't remember which axis is X or Y, but when you move the stick left or right the ailerons should move, forward and back will move the elevator.  

My interpretation of your problem is that you are not flying with Auto Combat Trim enabled.

Enable it by clicking "options" on your clipboard, then "preferences","flight", and then make sure the Auto Combat Trim box is checked.

Flying with Auto Trim enabled is really the easiest way to go.  Especially if your are new to the game.  

If you do map your stick to include "manual trim", note that making an adjustment manually will turn off the Auto Trim.  Using any of the three "auto-pilot" options will turn your Auto Trim back on, or you can turn it on by toggling it back on with whatever key you have it mapped to, or a button on your joystick if you have one mapped for that.

I personally use Auto Trim for about 95% of my flying, as do most others playing the game.  I like to use manual trim while landing, or when I am flying some manuevers.  I use some left aileron trim while landing, and trim the elevator, so I can get a hands free descent angle/speed.  I also like it when I am damaged, so I can fly back home and land.

Of course, I could be way off regarding your problem and its solution.  If you can't get it fixed right away, head to the Training Arena, and look for a Trainer or anyone willing to help get you set up.  The problem you have is not "normal", and can be fixed I'm sure.  Don't waste too much time trying to figure it out on your own if one of our solutions doesn't work.

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
X-52 Pro Trim
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 05:44:09 PM »
Just another idea-  You say that it requires extreme control inputs to maneuver.  Are you flying very slow?  Often people without a lot of WWII simulator experience don't allow thier plane to get up to a comfortable speed before trying to do ACM's.  

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline 1cemanVS

• Copper Member
Re: X-52 Pro Trim
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 05:45:31 PM »
Originally posted by rdspickle
I am having trouble with timming my plane in stright and level flight.I have programed the aileron to Y rotation, rudder to X rotation and elevator to the slide.

ok just re-read this part

you want,
Y (joystick up and down) to be assigned to elevators
X (joystick left and right) to be assigned to ailerons
Z (Z is generally the label if your joystick twists, or if u have a seperate "rudder" unit) and is assigned to control the rudder, of course

i just re-read that quote and if i even think about trying to fly hafving my stick setup the way you have, i too would find it alot harder to fly...