Author Topic: Town damage "switch"  (Read 1341 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Town damage "switch"
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 11:02:01 PM »
Tex, it would require a bunch of people, 3 wouldnt do it. Probably 5-6 on the town, and as many as it would take to kill the hangers on the base from the second the town fell to get the full 20 minutes. Say the town is successfully dropped within 20 secs...all buildings dead from fresh (wouldnt count if other bldgs down from a previous strike) to flat . From that instance the 20 minute clock starts. If a hanger goes down 1 minute later, it will remain down 19 minutes. If it falls 9 minutes later it stays down 11 minutes. After that the bonus time is gone and it would be the standard 10 mins.

CaptJoe, as long as enuff jabos hit all at once to ensure the all down within 20 secs, it could work. Miss one and the 20 secs go by, and its no good.

~AoM~

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
Town damage "switch"
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2007, 04:59:58 AM »
But Filth, it can be done without taking down hangers or anything else on the base. It's all in the planning and execution.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Town damage "switch"
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2007, 08:35:28 AM »
Ya but that usually means rushing in on the deck. Swarming a base, generally one that nothing is happening at. Then when that gets too tough, moving to another base. Be nice to get the fight higher, and actually fight.

Ive said about I can on this.

~AoM~

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Town damage "switch"
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007, 03:24:30 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH

SYSTEM:  ALERT A35 TOWN DESTROYED

Well, it's been years since I last talked to HT about it (prior to flashing towns and fields).  But, I do know that at that time, he was not in favor of adding in more traffic to the text buffer.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."