• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Zeke
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 12:06:31 AM »
Originally posted by Serenity
This is good WHY?!? :huh

Talk about torpedoing yourself... :O

My definition of early war would be 1942 to 1943 in USA's point of view

Even at this time frame US planes overwhelmingly outperforms the A6M2 that it's not even a competetion.  You see we have an "early war" A6M2 already going up against P-38G, F4U1, F6F etc etc.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Zeke
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 12:18:30 AM »
This is good WHY?!? :huh

Talk about torpedoing yourself... :O

Oh by the way, are you the same guy who swore would never ever fly *jap* planes due to *political reasons* yet he flies *nazi* planes?  What a big time HYPOCRITE!  You can twist this however you want by saying the "*nazis* was least evil compare to *japs*, and *japs* cooked and ate their enemies while the *nazis* gassed the undesired ethnic groups because it's less cruel than riddling them with machine gun bullets.  Again, you can twist this however you want but you're still marked and branded for being a HYPOCRITE (TM)

:)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:25:56 AM by 1K3 »

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Zeke
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 01:49:55 AM »
Originally posted by 1K3
Oh by the way, are you the same guy who swore would never ever fly *jap* planes due to *political reasons* yet he flies *nazi* planes?  What a big time HYPOCRITE!  You can twist this however you want by saying the "*nazis* was least evil compare to *japs*, and *japs* cooked and ate their enemies while the *nazis* gassed the undesired ethnic groups because it's less cruel than riddling them with machine gun bullets.  Again, you can twist this however you want but you're still marked and branded for being a HYPOCRITE (TM)

:)

Enjoy the last line of my signature. And by the way, im not contesting the addition of another
Originally posted by 1K3 *jap*
 im contesting the addition of another plane similar to the Spitfire mk XVI. We dont need any more UFOs.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Zeke
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 01:58:47 AM »
Oh, by the way. Ive still only ever flown a
Originally posted by 1K3
*jap*
plane twice. Once for the scenario a while back, and once, as a favor, I flew a 'Kate' off of a CV to sink another CV.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Zeke
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 07:43:01 AM »
The A6m's are actually very capable birds. The problem is that you need excellent SA to go with them. They simply can NOT take punishment.  A6m's work very well for base defense or pure furballing fun. Just keep a clear eye open as to whats about to zoom in on you.

A6m paired with a faster bird becomes even more deadly.
Now when you surprise an enemy, he can't turn because the A6m will kill him, and he can't run because of the fast wingman. In short he's stuck between a rock & a hard place.

If your into long sorties, landing kills, killing bombers, A6m may not be for you.
But if your into instant fun via a big furball, don't sell them short. Also IMO nothing does the "hide in the CV ack while grabbing for alt" game quite as well as the A6m's.

Offline skycaptn

• Copper Member
Zeke
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 07:43:57 AM »
90% of the MA can be suckered into a turn fight against a zero.
I do it all the time.
Some people.. who I wont name in their 38's of death have handed me my perpetiual rump on a dish (AK AK you p38 monster) and who can forget (Von Holtz thank God hes a rook now)

Most of the time the zero is very effective if flown well... In midwar its a monster only thing that is ever an issue to me seems to be poney B's (but only when flown by luche whos not dumb enough to get in a slugging match with me :) .)

One unknown about the late model zero is its climb and hang ability.. this often allows me to win 1vs1 in superior powered aircraft.. they are surprised that a cooalt zeke will stay on them for as long as it does.. by the time they reach top of arch im 500 off and in easy gun range.

Offline VON BRAUN

• Zinc Member
Zeke
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 08:04:59 AM »
I must confess that I am also a "Zeke Geek".
The plane is amazing!

Offline DblTrubl

• Copper Member
Zeke
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 12:13:42 PM »
I fail to see how a clipped wing zeke would be a "UFO" or similar to a spixteen except for the clipped wingtips. Besides, why do you care? You don't fly them anyway. If you fly German/American planes and you're dying 1 on 1 vs A6Ms you're doing something wrong. Granted, a good stick in a Zero can be hard to bring down but if you die it's because you made a mistake not because of the uberness of the plane.

On an historical note, during the war allied pilots reported the A6M performing "impossible" climbing and turning manuevers. If virtual pilots whine about it being a UFO that tells me that HTC got it pretty close to right.

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Zeke
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 12:34:05 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
There's really not much else you can do. Just about every fighter that entered service after 1943 will out-everything the Zeke except in low-speed turn and combustibility.

I love watching Zekes try to hang with my F4U in the zoom. :D

Man I miss flying!

I will alternate between the hog (birdcage still is my fav ride) and the zeke. Both require lots of time in the seat, and can be a joy to fly, and a pure nightmare if you fail to pay good attention to your E states, and environment.

I am more alert in these twoplanes than any other in the AH planeset.

*note*
They have spit 16's now? goodness I've been gone too long!

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Zeke
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 01:40:55 AM »
Originally posted by DblTrubl
I fail to see how a clipped wing zeke would be a "UFO" or similar to a spixteen except for the clipped wingtips. Besides, why do you care? You don't fly them anyway. If you fly German/American planes and you're dying 1 on 1 vs A6Ms you're doing something wrong. Granted, a good stick in a Zero can be hard to bring down but if you die it's because you made a mistake not because of the uberness of the plane.

On an historical note, during the war allied pilots reported the A6M performing "impossible" climbing and turning manuevers. If virtual pilots whine about it being a UFO that tells me that HTC got it pretty close to right.

Because if a Zeke can catch an Me-262 in a dead sprint, or can hover like a Spixteen, something is WRONG. I dont see the Zero as a threat. But if it turned into a Spixteen, then something would be wrong. And I never compaired it to a Spixteen, whats-his-name did.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Zeke
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 01:08:22 PM »
Serenity,

All of the piston engined fighters will catch the 262 in a dead sprint if the starting speed is low enough, even the Hurricane Mk I.

Early jets just had horrible acceleration.  Their advantage is that they can keep accelerating at speeds the piston engined fighters cannot due to dropping propellor efficiance as speed climbs.  Eventually propellors become, effectively, big, spinning airbrakes on the front of the airplane.  But from 150mph there is not a fighter that the Me262 will out sprint.

You seem to base a lot of your complaints on misunderstandings of how things work.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Zeke
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 02:49:40 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Serenity,

All of the piston engined fighters will catch the 262 in a dead sprint if the starting speed is low enough, even the Hurricane Mk I.

Early jets just had horrible acceleration.  Their advantage is that they can keep accelerating at speeds the piston engined fighters cannot due to dropping propellor efficiance as speed climbs.  Eventually propellors become, effectively, big, spinning airbrakes on the front of the airplane.  But from 150mph there is not a fighter that the Me262 will out sprint.

You seem to base a lot of your complaints on misunderstandings of how things work.

I wasnt STARTING at 150, I was STARTING at 500mph. Care to explain that? The Spixteen also started BELOW me. Again, care to explain that? Im smarter than to get anywhere NEAR an enemy at less than 400mph in a jet.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Zeke
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 02:52:26 PM »
I wasnt STARTING at 150, I was STARTING at 500mph. Care to explain that? The Spixteen also started BELOW me. Again, care to explain that? Im smarter than to get anywhere NEAR an enemy at less than 400mph in a jet.

Care to show film? Else we dont believe.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Zeke
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 02:53:51 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Care to show film? Else we dont believe.

I dont keep ANY film that old. Its a waste of bytes. So feel free not to beleive.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Zeke
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »

Yes, I can explain it.  You are lying.

It is that simple.  Take a Spit XVI up and see if you can reach 500mph in it without a long dive.  You can't.  

Therefore you are lying.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-