Author Topic: Ki-84 films for furballers.  (Read 761 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Ki-84 films for furballers.
« on: February 10, 2007, 09:50:01 AM »
dont know if anyone is interested but here ya go anyhow.

Ki-84 furballing spitfires - 24mins - 3 sorties - CLICK ME

some very fast paced action and some more sedate ACMs, this is furballing in the ki84 to its best potential as a turn fighter, in my humble opinion.

salute all

bat
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Berra85

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:42:30 PM »
Wow, thanks for the video. I quite like the Ki-84 so seeing this is great. I can now take some useful info and hopefully get a few more kills and fun sorties out of it.

<>

*Uni

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 07:35:52 PM »
I been flying the Ki84 quite a bit , more so after you told me (B@tfinkV) that if I got out of my Spit16 I and my con would both have more fun fights .

It's a nice ride IMO and having alot of fun flying it . Love that it has better mileage plus more cannon shells :) Just don't dive it hard and expect your tail to stay on lmao .

Anyway thanks for the heads up that day , so far glad I have changed .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 08:14:15 PM »
Nice film bat.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 08:19:31 PM »
Didn't look like the Empire of Japan was in its death throes there.  Not at all.  Looked like the Spitfire Mk VIIIs were hopelessly outclassed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 01:38:05 AM »
The 84 is probably the last plane I want to see in red when I'm flying.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 10:48:19 AM »
So THIS is why there were so many Ki-84's up last night.  wtg Bat.

:D
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 11:11:24 AM »
lol that and the enm number was pretty high in LWO hehe
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 01:03:12 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Didn't look like the Empire of Japan was in its death throes there.  Not at all.  Looked like the Spitfire Mk VIIIs were hopelessly outclassed.

Well, those Spitfire pilots were certainly outclassed.

Given equal pilots, the Spitfire VIII is the better fighter. Faster, better acceleration, better climb, virtually identical turn radius and the Spitfire is more stable at the limit.

I've dueled a few of the Ki-84 advocates/experts with a Spitfire VIII. The Spitfire was the better fighter. Not much better, but enough. Largely because the Ki-84 is a handful when slow with full flaps, having a tendency to snap-spin when increasing AoA quickly. While the Spitfire is far more stable, allowing more violent AoA changes without getting as squirrelly.  

That said, a well flown Ki-84 is a very able and dangerous enemy, as Batfink clearly demonstrated.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ki-84 films for furballers.
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 01:05:54 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
dont know if anyone is interested but here ya go anyhow.

Ki-84 furballing spitfires - 24mins - 3 sorties - CLICK ME

some very fast paced action and some more sedate ACMs, this is furballing in the ki84 to its best potential as a turn fighter, in my humble opinion.

salute all

bat

Batfink, was that in the AvA arena? Rooks were flying Japanese, the Knights were flying Brit.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 01:11:18 PM »
Yeah, I could see the pilot difference.

The Spitfire Mk VIII and Ki-84 are the two fighters I am most likely to fly, so it was a film of my two favorites.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 06:25:55 PM »
hey glad to get you out of a mk16, its too easy and people will just run from spit16s  anyhow :)

yes widewing, it was the AvA, and i fully agree that the majority of spitfires were not flying as well as the majority of the ki84s, although they gave a damn good fight of it.

its a difficult fight when facing rookies and vets in the same furball, and it is obvious the number of times i nearly got shot down when being shocked by a better spit pilot. one mistake or misjudgment can be fatal against a well flown spitfire.

thank you for your time everyone, and hope it may be usefull in showing a few tricks that the 84 can pull to stay a step ahead.

Offline DaChamp687

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 08:20:14 PM »
I use to fly the spit and I found the easiest plane for me to shoot down was either other spits or yaks. I dont know why I found them the eaiset but I could keep a low turning fight with most of them and a couple yaks would try to get out of the turning fight and take it up higher but most never made it that far. I always hated fighting and finding out that I got any of the Japenese planes on my tail I always had a hard time looseing them dunno why I still do.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 09:04:55 PM »
Nice flying man, I haven't flown that plane much but seems like a pretty good fighter.
"strafing"

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 10:24:39 PM »
its a dream fighter, climbs well, good engine, good fuel, great guns, as you can see the snapshots are greatly more damaging in ki84 as i think it has a very high rate of fire.

the reason the japanese aircraft are so hard to shake is beacause the only one thats heavy and sluggish, the nik2j, has 4 cannon to make sure you only need one shot.