Author Topic: Tree packs #2  (Read 3506 times)

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Tree packs #2
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2007, 01:12:59 PM »
Well although i had fun doing this, it's pretty much useless since h2h is closed.

Or isn't, den ck your pms....

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Tree packs #2
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 04:59:49 AM »
Well h2h is closed but anyway i uploaded the snow textures to site.They do not include trees and foliage.
Look under texture packs:

http://croduh.mrmidi.net/

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Tree packs #2
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 09:44:10 AM »
Duh... Real Men make MA Terrains, anyway.

j/k

{Grin, Duck, Run!) !

Seriously, you do awesome work and I have to believe that at some point it will re-open in some manner, albeit probably more constrained.

Guy
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
Tree packs #2
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2007, 10:07:56 AM »
i5t would be nice if HTC would take advantage of the talent that you guys have got and start to use some of your work.

Surely it wouldn't be so hard for HTC to inspect some different items of work to check the standards and compatibilty and to incoperate them into the terrrain editor if they were good enough.

We are already limited on what we can really do for main arena maps,but with 4 arenas and all the different terrains that could be made we could add more immersion and diversion to the game.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Tree packs #2
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2007, 06:42:02 AM »
Its a tradegy we cant use these great home-made productions in MA maps.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Tree packs #2
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 09:14:05 AM »
Agreed, lots of things can be made so easily which are simple yet fun to play with. The bad side is HTC won't accept it. Would be neat if they setup an "Acceptance Page" similar to that the skinners have where we can upload custom textures and objects.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Tree packs #2
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2008, 12:23:07 PM »
I am working on my new map and i have decided to update the jungle trees a bit.i will upload the files soon for anyone that would like to learn perhaps from the objects i made..Biggest change is that there were big changes in lods and draw distance.Much more lods now and much better frame rates even with more trees at distance.There are some bugs still to fix

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
Tree packs #2
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2008, 01:29:01 PM »
Looks very good.

Are these trees placed to the tile one by one or did you join objects to bigger groups first?

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Tree packs #2
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2008, 01:37:39 PM »
New version i made two objects - one bigger group of trees and one smaller.I am really surprised by how good fps i am getting with new lods, even when i increased the draw distance.And i have a very weak computer:)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Tree packs #2
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2008, 01:44:54 PM »
Have you noticed that when htc does their forest, they build them a full slice at a time. Based on what I've seen to date, that may be key to improving frame rates.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
Tree packs #2
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2008, 02:51:19 PM »
Originally posted by Easyscor
Have you noticed that when htc does their forest, they build them a full slice at a time. Based on what I've seen to date, that may be key to improving frame rates.

Yes, that I was after

I assume the total number of the individual  objects (min/max distance tracked & calculated, etc properties) has something to do with it.

Same amount of vertices's tracked in 32 individual objects or in 8 grouped objects I.E. slices.