Author Topic: Tim Hardaway and his love of gays  (Read 4324 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Tim Hardaway and his love of gays
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 11:16:42 PM »
Originally posted by doobs
And the NBA told Hardaway he will not be needed for any events in Las Vegas for the all star game.

gotta luv the first admendment melting away

What law did congress pass which abridged Tim Hardaway's speech rights?  I must have missed it....
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 11:26:36 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Shouldn't we, as good citizens of a tolerant society, tolerate Tim Hardaway?

That's an awesome response!

But you know, before the weeks out, he'll be crying and holding hands with the Queer Eye gang

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 11:38:02 PM »
I do not understand the choice homosexuals make, but I think it was pretty darned foolish for him to say "Hate".  Isn't there a quote that goes something like:  "We hate that which we don't understand"?

I think he has a right to express himself.... but ultimately he chose his words poorly.  just my $.02.

Steve

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 12:04:24 AM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
I do not understand the choice homosexuals make

Steve

I read somewhere, and it kind of made sense, is that it's a genetic defect. You read about gays who married the opposite sex, even had children, because they were trying to fight the feelings they have. They usually divorce and do what comes natural to them.

So it really isn't a choice, it is what's natural to them.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 12:28:54 AM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
I read somewhere, and it kind of made sense, is that it's a genetic defect. You read about gays who married the opposite sex, even had children, because they were trying to fight the feelings they have. They usually divorce and do what comes natural to them.

So it really isn't a choice, it is what's natural to them.

Gee I have an urge to kill people from time to time. Does that mean I have a genetic defect and that if I do kill someone I was only doing what was natural for me to do and it will be OK?? I didn't think so.

It's a choice, plain and simple. It's also disgusting in the extreme. The fact that people want it to be excepted as normal, and will persecute anyone through the media that says what Tim Hardaway said is a bunch of crap. He has his right to say whatever he wants. I hope he sticks to his morals and doesn't allow the media to get the best of him.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 01:03:27 AM »
Hating is wrong, m'kay?

Seriously, Hardaway just proved how uneducated and bigoted he is. Hating and wanting to ban a person from the NBA because of his sexual orientation is just as bigoted as hating someone because of the color of his skin.

The NBA is struggling to keep the WNBA afloat. I wonder how many homosexuals there are in THAT league. Of course they don't want some bonehead representing the NBA.

Yes, Hardaway has freedom of speach to say how he feels about gays. The NBA also has the right to hire/fire any employee for their actions.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 01:07:27 AM »
"with freedom comes responsibility....and gay sex, tons of it"

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 04:29:41 AM »
Funny thing is though that if he said that he hated "white people" he would be praised by the liberal media.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 06:18:13 AM »
C'mon. It's the Dixie Chicks all over. Or MG over at AGW. People have the right to say whatever dumb thing they want to say, but they also have the responsibility of facing the consequences whenever they do.

Anyone in the entertainment industry (and sports are entertainment) should understand what impact your words can have. More than that, anyone in the public eye should understand the media survives by shoveling dirt.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 06:39:58 AM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
Gee I have an urge to kill people from time to time. Does that mean I have a genetic defect and that if I do kill someone I was only doing what was natural for me to do and it will be OK?? I didn't think so.

It's a choice, plain and simple. It's also disgusting in the extreme. The fact that people want it to be excepted as normal, and will persecute anyone through the media that says what Tim Hardaway said is a bunch of crap. He has his right to say whatever he wants. I hope he sticks to his morals and doesn't allow the media to get the best of him.

Difference is you only have the urge to kill people from time to time ands not all the time.
The vast majority of gays have no interest in members of the opposite sex and have never had interest in teh opposiite sex.
If you wanted to kill someone all the time then yea. You might have a genetic defect

That being said. Being born gay in the majority of cases IS a genetic defect or an abnormality much like haveing 6 toes is an abnormality.

It is however normal for them just as having 6 toes is normal for the person with 6 toes because they have always been that way.

However. Considering only about 5% of the population is gay, it certainly isnt the "norm" and puts being homosexual pretty much in line with the birth defect rate of the general population of 4%
http://www.genetics.emory.edu/pdf/Emory_Human_Genetics_General_Population_Risk_for_Birth_Defects.PDF

Now Is a gay person bad? No.
Being gay no more make a person bad then having 6 toes makes a person bad. It is however an abnormality no matter what way to try to slice it.
It does not however mean the rest of the population should feel bad for Them anymore then we should feel bad about a person who has 6 toes.

All that being said.
Hardaway like the rest of us has the absolute right. To like or dislike anyone or anything for whatever reason he wants. And to say so.
 So long as he does not act out to harm someone.

There is always going to be something people arent going to like for whatever reason.

Hardaway at least has the guts to say how he truely feels. The majority of people do not.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

storch

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 07:37:21 AM »
Originally posted by LePaul
That's an awesome response!

But you know, before the weeks out, he'll be crying and holding hands with the Queer Eye gang
good call.  seems that he's already back pedaling.  maybe he'll be dating rupaul by saturday and kick starting both of their careers.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 08:00:04 AM »
Originally posted by storch
why do you think he sounds like an idiot?  is it all that different from saying I'm a francophobe?

You're scared of hot dogs?

Offline Mightytboy

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 08:01:50 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
Hating is wrong, m'kay?

Seriously, Hardaway just proved how uneducated and bigoted he is. Hating and wanting to ban a person from the NBA because of his sexual orientation is just as bigoted as hating someone because of the color of his skin.

The NBA is struggling to keep the WNBA afloat. I wonder how many homosexuals there are in THAT league. Of course they don't want some bonehead representing the NBA.

Yes, Hardaway has freedom of speach to say how he feels about gays. The NBA also has the right to hire/fire any employee for their actions.

Just because you see nothing wrong with Gays does not mean anyone who does is "uneducated and bigoted ".

I personally believe there is something mentally wrong with Gays.  

I just wonder how long till the Special Olympics starts sending out Pink invites.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 08:13:26 AM »
I think hating someone for something that they have no control over is the definition of bigoted.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 08:27:55 AM »
Now there's a lovely red herring.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!