Author Topic: Off-peak whine  (Read 299 times)

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Off-peak whine
« on: February 18, 2007, 11:15:47 PM »
I hate to whine and I'm really trying to not piss and moan about this, so this is just a tempered observation.

Lastnight I logged on to play at a rather late hour and was greeted with 200 in LW blue and 40 in LW Orange + 15 to 20 odd in the other two MAs.

I was under the impression that the great Aces High 'dream' was to create multiple arenas with 300ish people in each? (at least that's what i read somewhere)

LW Blue was capped at 200, so the arena was 200/200 and it took me over an hour and a half to finally get in there to fly with my squad.

Now, given that there was less than 50 in the other LW (which happened to have the same map up anyway), wouldn't it make more sense for the Off-peak cap to be raised so that all of the off-peakers could get into the arena and get closer to that 250 - 300 number?

It just seems wasteful to have 200 people in one arena and 40 in the other especially when both arenas have exactly the same map up.

I understand that the cap is there to 'force' people into the other arena and populate that one too, but these other people just don't play at the times when I do.

It'd be nice to have the oppertunity to fly with my squad in an arena of 250 or so... That gives you enough players to have big furballs and missions and all that without everything getting out of hand.

Thanks for your time gents

Regards

Arch
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Re: Off-peak whine
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 11:23:35 PM »
Originally posted by Xasthur
I hate to whine and I'm really trying to not piss and moan about this, so this is just a tempered observation.

I dunno, sounds like a whine to me:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Off-peak whine
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 01:13:09 AM »
look up other post about this remember reading one not to long ago
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Off-peak whine
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 08:04:14 AM »
Seems to be very logical, and not a whine.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Off-peak whine
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 08:20:38 AM »
yup definite whine.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)