Author Topic: wireless/TPC/dialup ha  (Read 1494 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
wireless/TPC/dialup ha
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 06:17:06 AM »
easy rcguy !! You came here looking for some help, and answers, but gave very little information. Most of the answers you got are suggestions you can check into because of the lack of information. Its like you called up a garage and said "my car is making a noise, its blue and has 4 doors, Whats wrong?" See what I mean?

Nobodies giving you a hard time..... yet :D  They just trying to help you get the most out of this great game.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
wireless/TPC/dialup ha
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 07:38:38 AM »
Well I don't know about where you guys live, but the city across the river from me is running a municipal ISP thats wireless.

Reasonably priced, can take a laptop virtually anywhere, and still be on your acct.
My buddy Tank1 tried it but it had a few problems for flying AH. Stability issues are the biggest problem, along with higher ping times aka latency.

So yes he COULD have a wireless ISP.

On the other hand RCguy, don't lose your cool. Your alienating the guys who can help. Not to mention setting your reputation for what kind of a person you are.
I understand your frustrated, but chill down.

Best bet at this point is going to be to call HTC ask for roy.
9-5 central time, be POLITE! The man has some awesome skills but is seriously overworked. 817-251-1540

You may want to shop around for a better connect.
FYI from what I've seen DSL has the best connect as far as stability goes.
Cable tends to overload its networks at least up here. Cables good if your playing off prime time.

Plus the internet as a whole has been very iffy during prime time.
Just too many users on not enough bandwidth, backbones get choked up like a freeway at rush hour. What used to go 70 is now doing 30.

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
wireless/TPC/dialup ha
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 08:11:01 PM »
I have problems quite often with aces high telling me LOST UDP SWITCH TO TCP ,but I am on satellite and after speaking with skuzzy,who by the way  is good at answering all the banal questions he probably receives in e-mail:aok .it is due to my latency,,and after running pingplotter,I find that during certain times I drop so many packets it is suprising that I can even get on..and some of those times I drop so many I cannot get on,and I dont try.I just know what times I can play and what times I cant.

My problems are usually that it is hard for me to dog-fight as I get warping..I wish I could say that it happens all the time,then I would have a great excuse for getting shot down all the time.:furious ..but alas that is not always the case.

So what do I do to make up for my weakness in lag time??? I am becoming a lancaster flying fool...:rofl ..screw it I say,if you cant take down the fighters one on one..Just take out the hangars...:aok ...someone,somewhere is always looking for 14,000lbs of bombs.:D

later,
                                                               Kevin

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Re: wireless/TPC/dialup ha
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 06:01:53 PM »
Originally posted by rcguyme
See Rule #4, #5

Nice calm response.

At a GUESS, ... and only a guess with info provided......I'd say he may be running WiMAX then, as his ISP.   Then speed is not the problem, but dropped packets, interference, whether or not the uplink is over the phone, obstacles between his home and the receiver station...... something in his connection is creting the problems.  

Also, are the problems pretty common, or limited to times like Sunday night when higher traffic creates higher problems for all.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:52:04 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
wireless/TPC/dialup ha
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 11:59:47 AM »
This is easy.  Any wireless connection is going to have bit errors on it.  Using TCP protocols, those errors get masked.  As UDP is a stateless protocol, any error in the data stream means a lost packet.

The switch from UDP to TCP is always triggered by excessive packet loss on the connection.  Every router between you and the servers can cause packet loss.  Your immediate connection does not have to be the culprit.

We have no control over the Internet or how data gets routed.  Truth be told, there is always a lot of problems with the Internet when weather has been as bad as it has this winter.

But, this is all conjecture and speculation.  It is easy for anyone to find out where the data/packet loss is happening.  PingPlotter (http://www.pingplotter.com) is a good utility for those who are not network geeks.  At least it can show gross problems over the Internet.

Simply stating, "my connection sucks!", is not going to help anyone and is not going to provide enough information to even try and help make it better.  How much help do you think an automotive mechanic is going to be if you just tell him, "my car is making noise!" and then leave it at that?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
wireless/TPC/dialup ha
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 12:59:23 PM »
Even my 45k dialup/188 ms ping works great here---as long as kid stays off AOL on here pc (router is after my pc)

(I'd guess his net-stat thingie off of the right-click menu is all over the place too)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: wireless/TPC/dialup ha
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 12:20:20 PM »
Originally posted by rcguyme
... someone explain this action to me before i decided to pay for this problem!!!!!

You don't necessarily have to pay. 8-Player is a free alternative to the Online Arenas. You still get to play with others, except it's only 8 per arena. And it's 100% free.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.