Author Topic: Plane always rolls to the left..  (Read 411 times)

Offline Ahbleza

• Zinc Member
Plane always rolls to the left..
« on: October 10, 2001, 04:13:00 PM »
All my planes roll slightly left except in autopilot. I tried calibrating my joystick, doesn't help. This has occurred since 1.08.

Any suggestions to correct is appreciated.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2001, 04:31:00 PM »
Use combat-trim (Shift-X or maybe ctrl-X,I dont use it) or trim your plane by using keys J and L for aileron trims and I and K for elevator trims.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2001, 05:58:00 PM »
Put a roll of quarters in your right pocket, that should help

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Ute:
All my planes roll slightly left except in autopilot. I tried calibrating my joystick, doesn't help. This has occurred since 1.08.

Any suggestions to correct is appreciated.

Offline Ahbleza

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2001, 03:49:00 PM »
I do use combat trim but the plane still rolls, never did before. Biggest problem this causes stalls and crashs when trying to land. Ailerons adjustment doesn't help either.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2001, 05:38:00 PM »
Be sure your speed is at least 110-130Mph when landing depending plane you fly. Sounds like your plane stalls 'cause lack of speed.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2001, 12:01:00 PM »
Ute,  How old is your joystick.  I had a similar problem last month.  I had a Thrustmaster joystick I bought in 95,  worked fine for everything, then i noticed that with no input from me everything I flew just sort of drifted to the left and I was constantly correcting my heading, which was a pain especially on bombing runs.  I recalibrated several times and used the trim keys but no help.  Finally I broke down and bought a new Thrustmaster Afterburner USB Joystick/Trottle/Rudder control $59, and works great.  If your joystick is fairly new then try cleaning it and/or uninstall the drivers and the joystick and reinstall and see it that clears it up.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2001, 01:08:00 PM »
i've been noticing CT to act abit weird of late....
lifting the nose of my plane when i just wanna fly level etc...
I realize in these aircraft CT is not a good idea, but try flyin the 262 or G10 with CT on they seem to exaggerate the effects I am seeing.

SKurj

Offline Ahbleza

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2001, 08:55:00 AM »
Thanx for response.  Will try reinstalling drivers for joystick. I have only played flight sims for 4 months, my MS Sidewinder precision 2 is only 3 monts old. This problem started with 1.08 so maybe I dont have a clean install will reinstalling  that also.