Author Topic: UPDATE for Tonnage  (Read 440 times)

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
UPDATE for Tonnage
« on: February 22, 2007, 08:26:22 AM »
I wanted to get the straight and skinny here. I believe that some of the hardnesses of hangers and shore batteries might have changed. I used to be able to drop 500's and now I have to use 1000's. SO... Has the hardness changed or after this last patch I noticed the E6B was altered, and level bombing has become a tad harder. IF it has changed can we get the actual values for dropping them to reflect whats on the BBS so I can print it out.

Thank you
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Coshy

• Nickel Member
UPDATE for Tonnage
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 05:44:51 AM »
You could go to the offline arena, turn off ack, fly low (for accuracy) and see how many 100lb bombs it takes to take out a particular building.

Granted thats the hard way to do it, but if no answers are forthcoming, its an option.

I cant do anything this week, but I'd be willing to do a couple offline drops sunday/monday and pm you the results.
Currently flying as "Ruger"

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
UPDATE for Tonnage
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 10:51:55 AM »
It used to be that the "Offline" arena default settings were the same as the arena settings for the MA.

If this is still true you can simply check the arena settings from the clip boadr and note the different settings.

i did this quick check for an example.

As you can see, the fighter hanger designated (Ftr Hgr) Has a down time of 15 min. and a hardness of 2.7812

Which means it takes more that 2K of ord but not 3K to take out the FH.

Little foot note here. 1x5" Harvest Rocket almost has to be about the equivilent to about 130 lbs of Ord.

This is why a P51D with 2x1000 and 6 5" Rockets can consistanly take out a FH. I have done it hundreds of times.

I have had several players say that it takes 2 x 1000 lbs to kill a FH. It isnt technicaly true as far as the actuall settings go.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 11:02:21 AM by Mugzeee »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
UPDATE for Tonnage
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 02:19:44 PM »
2500 has been the oft-quoted number. Word of mouth.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
UPDATE for Tonnage
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 03:28:36 PM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
Little foot note here. 1x5" Harvest Rocket almost has to be about the equivilent to about 130 lbs of Ord.

5" HVAR = 156.3 lbs of Ord
(Ive tested and confirmed this previously)

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Thanx
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 01:36:55 AM »
I appreciate the responses. It just seems like its more, cause I used to consitantly drop FH's with 500's now I had to switch to 1000, or set a salvo of 3 on 500 to drop em. Thanx for the response. Im gonna owrk out the details on this, it must have something to do with speed.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.