Author Topic: Bailing  (Read 1055 times)

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
Bailing
« on: February 22, 2007, 03:49:52 PM »
What do you guys think of the notion where the game prohibits you from bailing from an airplane in good working order. The airplane must be damaged to the point of no longer being airworthy, or must be stopped.

This might be a way of limiting the bomb and bail types.

Any thoughts??

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Bailing
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 04:02:16 PM »
What good does it do to bail after you drop bombs?

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
Bailing
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 04:08:19 PM »
If they can't bail they will find the nearest tree and fly into it.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bailing
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 04:08:22 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
What good does it do to bail after you drop bombs?

Other than upping another set to go on merrily porking.
No idea.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Bailing
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 04:09:33 PM »
Originally posted by VERTEX
What do you guys think of the notion where the game prohibits you from bailing from an airplane in good working order. The airplane must be damaged to the point of no longer being airworthy, or must be stopped.

This might be a way of limiting the bomb and bail types.

Any thoughts??

Are they that big of a factor that it's even worth worrying about?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Bailing
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 04:13:20 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Are they that big of a factor that it's even worth worrying about?

Not Really, but I've read a lot of whines about it and thought this might be a way to reduce it. Actually was more motivated by the idea that it would add some realism, because nobody in his right mind would bail from a working airplane at alt in real life.

I realize there will always be aspects of this game that are not real to life but I think the game improves with each small step closer to real life.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Bailing
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 04:17:16 PM »
as slayer said, if they implement that. The pork and bail/augers will just crash into the ground or trees.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Bailing
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 04:49:58 PM »
Originally posted by VERTEX
Not Really, but I've read a lot of whines about it and thought this might be a way to reduce it. Actually was more motivated by the idea that it would add some realism, because nobody in his right mind would bail from a working airplane at alt in real life.

I realize there will always be aspects of this game that are not real to life but I think the game improves with each small step closer to real life.

Actually, in particular towards the end of the war, when the training of Axis pilots was so poor, you'd find many instances where guys bailed out of perfectly good airplanes if they were in situations where they thought they'd had it, and preserving their life took precedent over staying with the plane.

Not even remotely using that as an excuse for it in AH cause I think bailing is silly.  I just ride the wingless bird in, since I know I'm getting a new plane anyway :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
Bailing
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 04:53:11 PM »
Originally posted by Estes
as slayer said, if they implement that. The pork and bail/augers will just crash into the ground or trees.

Yes, I guess that's true. If someone wants to be a tard they will find a way to do it no matter how much the game is altered to try and prevent it.

Thanks for the input guys and good flying.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Bailing
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
Make it so they can't bail and you generate new whines from someone who needed to end flight for a mission and couldn't.  There will Always be a whine.

Trying to solve "issues" like this with the intent to limit whines will not work.  People whine, the best way to overcome them is to ignore them.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
Bailing
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 05:13:50 PM »
Ideally this will be handled by the perk ord system that was discussed a while ago. If you pay perks to go drop your bombs, and don't return to base safely, you lose the perks spent on the ord.

That'd make bomb & bail a more expensive proposition, although there might be a fair amount of complaints.

Another option I think worthwhile would be to put a delay in on taking ord after a death/bail/capture. Say 15-30m required before you can reup a plane with ord after a death/bail/capture. That'd significantly slow down the suicide bomb runs on CV's as well.
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline -VM-

• Zinc Member
Bailing
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 06:18:14 PM »
Kill them before they drop.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Bailing
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 06:34:36 PM »
Originally posted by cbizkit
Ideally this will be handled by the perk ord system that was discussed a while ago. If you pay perks to go drop your bombs, and don't return to base safely, you lose the perks spent on the ord.

That'd make bomb & bail a more expensive proposition, although there might be a fair amount of complaints.

Another option I think worthwhile would be to put a delay in on taking ord after a death/bail/capture. Say 15-30m required before you can reup a plane with ord after a death/bail/capture. That'd significantly slow down the suicide bomb runs on CV's as well.

I like this idea, implement it along with the "Can't bail out of a perfectly good airplane" idea and you have quite a system running. By the way, I think this should be in the Wishlist Forum.:aok
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Bailing
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 08:48:31 PM »
This would accomplish nothing.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Bailing
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 07:16:13 PM »
Frag a buddy, take damage, and bail.  Or lower gear, then dive and damage gear, then bail.

You can't stop dweebs from being dweebs.  
Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force