Author Topic: landing  (Read 856 times)

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
landing
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 02:06:51 PM »
Originally posted by DoNKeY
Then someone will want 50ft.  Then it'll be the whole airfield.  Then they'll want runways at gv bases, and then be able to land successfully on the water.  It'll never end, just give it up and land on cement if its that big of a deal.

donkey

I see both sides of the argument, and agree partially with both...

One sides saying "Hey, I can't land right, so in real life, if you were anywhere near an airfield that would be a land"

the other sides saying "Hey, it gives you enough, and if you extend, it'll never stop"

What I think is that if you have a pilot wound, if your within oh say 20 feet of the runway, it should be a sucessful landing cause hey, if I had a 20mm bullet through my head, I'd want medical attention :aok

J/k, leave it the way it is, it works, if we extend it, people will just find more and more excuses to extend it more like I just did...
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
landing
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 02:30:23 PM »
Originally posted by trigger2
it should be a sucessful landing cause hey, if I had a 20mm bullet through my head, I'd want medical attention :aok

I don't think you would care if it's called a ditch or a proper landing in that case ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
landing
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 05:04:40 PM »
One thing the current system allows nicely is gaming the game with intentional belly landings.
One stops and gets a "successful landing" much quicker by wrecking the plane with a belly landing when there are enemies around vulching the base.

IMHO the air base border is a clear line which would not get stretched any further. Just imagine a fence around the air base. If you make it inside and stop intact (e.g. the engine runs, or would run after refuel, and gears are on ground), you have made it. If you land outside, your plane has to be towed in before it can be used again.

Then again, if you crash the plane inside the fence, why should you be rewarded? In real life you would block the runway.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
landing
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 05:40:38 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
I don't think you would care if it's called a ditch or a proper landing in that case ;)

**** YES I WOULD!!

If it was a ditch, I'd reup that plane and get it in right!!
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
landing
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 08:50:01 PM »
Originally posted by trigger2
What I think is that if you have a pilot wound, if your within oh say 20 feet of the runway, it should be a sucessful landing cause hey, if I had a 20mm bullet through my head, I'd want medical attention :aok

Shoot a watermelon from about 10 ft. away with a shotgun... Look at it for a moment then hope your head looks that good after a 20mm HE round hits it. :D
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil