Author Topic: Question for you Mechanic Types  (Read 127 times)

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
Question for you Mechanic Types
« on: March 07, 2007, 09:21:56 PM »
My truck has been getting worse and worse in the clutch area as of late.  My problem is that I almost cannot shift into first gear from neutral.  It gets to the point where I just have to go straight to second and go from there.  I can downshift from second to first, but just cannot go straight into first from neutral.  I was doing a little research and it sounds like I may have a bad clutch pilot bearing, but I'm not too sure about that.

Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

'88 F-150, 5 speed - in case you may need to know.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 09:27:25 PM »
We just replaced a pilot bearing on a seed truck at work, I think it was not shifting right also.

I forgot what was wrong with it though. He just drove the truck over for us to work on with a new clutch kit in the seat and said "here ya go".
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 09:27:29 PM »
buy a new truck, sell the old one to a sucker.

Is Skuzzy in the market for a new truck?  :rofl
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"